Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo is one of my favorite players, and i want him to retire a Knick. i also want him to wing a ring, unlike AI. unfortunately, he's never going to win anything in NY. the only real shot he has is if he joins Bron.

Why is Ron Baker starting over Courtney Lee? No offense to Baker, but from what little I've seen of him, he should be 10th man. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I see what he's trying, move Rose to the two and have Lee anchor the 2nd team which works in stretches, but we need a better PG and our defense still sucks.
Melo needs to go ring chasing. He deserves it.

I wish for Melo to retire as a Knick, but Melo deserves a ring.

Funny even dudes like Barkley who where big critics of this in the past are suggesting this (though he did the same thing). As a Knicks fan I'm on board, scrap, do a proper rebuild and give Melo a chance at something better, he's earned it. Do it Cleveland, keep a super team in the East.

Last edited:
the thing is phil wants him out and not dolan... remember dolan had a conversation with melo before the trade and traded the whole farm to get him... he even thanked lala at the press conference... this is basically like the boogie situation with george karl where some people want him gone but ownership decides to keep him... and i dont see a realistic trade that would benefit both us and melo unless theres a way we can do the 3 way trade someone said where we get brooklyn pick from boston, melo to the cavs and love to the celtics but i dont know how that works contracts wise...

Defense is mostly off effort, not skill.

If defense was just as simple as "trying" than someone like Melo or Amar'e or Rose wouldn't be such horrible defenders. It is most definitely a skill, NBA defense is very hard to learn and incredibly complex.

Effort is a skill as well I'd argue.

Phil has essentially ruined melos career. Blew up the only semblance of a core we had got nothing in return while he just rambles to the media tooting his own horn. Most overrated person in basketball arguably sports.

Calling something a skill doesn't mean it's hard to learn.

Skills are just learned abilities. Its not like talent where it's completely innate.

Thing is to learn a skill, especially defensive skills, you have to be focused and dedicated. It also helps if you learn them when you're younger, you know when you're more athletic and have the energy.

Phil has essentially ruined melos career. Blew up the only semblance of a core we had got nothing in return while he just rambles to the media tooting his own horn. Most overrated person in basketball arguably sports.
It's pretty clear Phil inherited players he didn't want and the is working on addressing that while he builds the team he builds he wants.

This becomes clearer and easy to do when an aging Melo, young KP, and Phil running things isn't enough to attract free agents to make the team better. No way Phil was creating a team that could win it all before Melo's contract expires/retirement. All he did was manage to unload some of the trash that was here while bringing in some of his own.

Last edited:
This team held the wizards to 13 points in the 4th. This team can play defense.

They need to fire Rambis and get someone who can get them to play defense for 48 minutes

Last edited:
this team reminds me of the Raiders. our defense is terrible, but they buckle down in the 4th and Derek Carr completes the comeback. we don't have a Derek Carr though...

Calling something a skill doesn't mean it's hard to learn.

Skills are just learned abilities. Its not like talent where it's completely innate.

Thing is to learn a skill, especially defensive skills, you have to be focused and dedicated. It also helps if you learn them when you're younger, you know when you're more athletic and have the energy.
It's pretty clear Phil inherited players he didn't want and the is working on addressing that while he builds the team he builds he wants.

This becomes clearer and easy to do when an aging Melo, young KP, and Phil running things isn't enough to attract free agents to make the team better. No way Phil was creating a team that could win it all before Melo's contract expires/retirement. All he did was manage to unload some of the trash that was here while bringing in some of his own.
Lol so he basically traded trash for different trash instead of building up what we had because of his personal preferences

His job isn't to be a b-ball snob to the media it's to building a winning team. He hasnt done his job bottom line dude just wants to be heard and get attention.

Last edited:
its feels good when we win so ill continue to watch... but you know when its a close game your just waiting for that L... its comical how different and dramatic they make it look
laugh.gif
i was explaining this last night to my homie... we watching the game and the knicks is down by 14... i told him " i seen this game 200 times before" he says tf you talmbout... i say the knicks will knick it by making a marvelous comeback  down by 4 with 2 mins to go and from there its a toss up on who wins.. but most likely we will lose... we watch the game and it plays out exactly the way i said it... lol,, i told him different players different year same team.... 

i honestly think this organization is cursed... somebody call the santaria lady from uptown to bless the garden cause that **** is cursed.....

put the east all stars on the knicks and they will be a .500 team

its true though even during the zeke/marbury era we would make a great comback just to lose in the end.... its like why do we have to lose the whole game then all of a sudden compete in the end for a comeback? why not just play with effort the whole game :lol:

Y'all really trust this front office to blow it up and rebuild a contender?

We were on the right track last season.

Improved from 17 to 32 wins. Signed an above average center (who's also a good fit next to our 2 best players) to an affordable contract. Signed a fine backup big for $4M a year. Took calculated risks signing Afflalo & DWill to 1 year deals. I get why Phil traded for Rose but even with him we're not close to a championship. No need to break up a team that was showing signs of life.

I really wanted us to keep building on that team instead of bringing in a whole new squad for what feels like the 5th time since Melo's been here. The first step towards winning is continuity. There's no way to establish a winning culture if there's 8-10 new guys every season.

Back
Top Bottom