Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

did you guys REALLY expect this team to lose the last game? KP and Rose haven't been playing, so it's not like you can blame the coaching staff at this point. Melo probably wanted to play his last game (potentially) as a Knick at home. players will not lose on purpose. yall getting upset for no damn reason.

Another year with no playoff berth. Normally i'd be upset but I'm used to mediocrity from this damb team :smh:

This year sucked the most because expectations were super high. Most talented roster we had on paper in a while so I cant blame the fans.

As long as we have some kind of direction. If we can strike gold in this draft and build around that draft pick, KP, and Willy thats a good start going forward.

Last edited:
It's not like if we brought in a new President/GM he'd turn us into a 50 win team in one summer.

Despite the Noah & Rose deals we're in good shape for a rebuild. Our cap situation is fine & we own every draft pick. Take the best available PG this summer & 3/5 starters are set for the forseeable future.

tumblr_no9d35J0qA1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

I don't want to be bad forever but doing a proper rebuild is the only way to get out of this mess.

Getting a top five pick for the next two years should give us a core that can help to lure free agents in the future and give us roster flexibility.

Hopefully KP/Issac as our 4/5 of the future, a wing or a guard next year and we are on our way :pimp:

Lakers are doing a great job at luring in free agents. Mozgov really changed their season. 76ers too.

Last edited:
I give up

I can't support this team

**** phil. **** dolan. as long as they are both around, none of my money is going to the knicks. Rather go to nets games at this point.

Is it crazy that I'm ok with 2 more years of Phil?

Nah, Phil refuses to give up future first round picks. That's what I like about him

Plus triangle offense isn't really bad. it isn't like we struggle scoring. Defense is our biggest problem

When was the last time we had a guy who won't give up picks?

If you want to lose and stack draft picks PJ is your man. That's really the only thing positive about his tenure, he hasn't traded 1st round draft picks.

Meh, we already had to deal with this team without picks in 2000s. Bad contracts plus mediocre players plus no picks = nightmare

Sure, we have some bad contracts but hey, we would still have 20+ mill left in cap space after this season as long as we waive Derrick's cap hold. We still have our picks

And what happens when Phil leaves in 2 seasons and a new President comes in, with a new agenda and sky-high expectations to turn it around?

2 years left, he should be fine-tuning a contender, not getting ready to start from scratch.

When Phil steps down, we're gonna have to start all over again and some of that young talent (tired of losing) will likely leave with him.

We're gonna be trash for a LONG TIME.

Damn Knicks with the win :lol:

I hope Phil resigns. Just save face and walk away.
Too easy and lucky for the Knicks.

Knicks, Phil Jackson have agreed on option for the final 2 years of his contract, per @ramonashelburne and I -- http://es.pn/2p9fF4U
:rofl:

Is it crazy that I'm ok with 2 more years of Phil?
All it takes is one winning season and a playoff run (with Melo probably gone) and he'll be here much longer than 2 more years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom