Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

We should've been in possession for the 4th pick. Shouldn't have won any games after Fultz came to watch us.

And this view should've came from management not the players.
If I was on the Knicks I wouldn't play to lose either but management should've rest the better players

And what happens when Phil leaves in 2 seasons and a new President comes in, with a new agenda and sky-high expectations to turn it around?

2 years left, he should be fine-tuning a contender, not getting ready to start from scratch.

When Phil steps down, we're gonna have to start all over again and some of that young talent (tired of losing) will likely leave with him.

We're gonna be trash for a LONG TIME.

Except the way the CBA works, we'll have all of those guys for a long time.

And there was no way to build a contender with what we had when he came here, he just delayed the rebuilding process.

And supossedly, if Phil left the Knicks had their eyes on Masai Ujiri.

Two years of tank + Masai taking over after Phil retires sounds like an ideal scenario to me.

KP + J. Isaac + Michael Porter :nerd:

CBA? Are you saying players only care about a contract? Wasn't that the knock on Melo, that he was greedy :lol: I feel like the Oakley and Melo drama make the Knicks look like a bad employer in addition to the losing...

Porzingis will be here for at least 5 more seasons & Hernangomez is locked up for under $2M until 2020.

Them + 2017 pick + 2018 pick + whatever we get for Melo is a good start to a rebuild

I feel bad for someone like Nickmaz...he was still in diapers when the Knicks last made the finals...he's never seen a good knick team live

And yet he has the optimism to look forward to the draft

Lol...I remember when I was a young knick fan thinking passing up on Ron Artest for Weiss was the worst thing to happen to the organization
If only I knew what was to come for the next decade and a half.

Stop supporting this organization. Changes will only happen if you boycott...but sadly, you ppl keep being supportive and you will still get dumped on.

Last edited:
I'll always like the Knicks. But am I as enthused about the team as I once was back when I was growing up? Not even close.

Phil Jackson has pretty much spoiled a lot of things for me as well. This level of mediocrity has axiomatically caused me to absconded any adulation I've had recently for the Knicks.

I'll always like the Knicks. But am I as enthused about the team as I once was back when I was growing up? Not even close.

Phil Jackson has pretty much spoiled a lot of things for me as well. This level of mediocrity has axiomatically caused me to absconded any adulation I've had recently for the Knicks.
Phil essentially took the mistakes that both Walsh & Isiah made.........and he seems to to have tripled it.

You thought Walsh signing Amare to a long-term contract was bad, Phil signs broken-down Noah for a ****-ton.

You thought Isiah's constantly egotism over the team was bad, Phil "zen masters" all over that.

You thought Walsh's and Isiah's treatment of Marbury (and other former All-Stars was bad), Phil tells you to hold his beer while he ***** on Carmelo for an entire god damn season.

At the end of the day, Dolan is to blame for hiring every single FAILED ******** as the head of basketball management........along with Dolan forcing some stupid decisions himself (Sprewell trade, forcing Allan Houston to be overpaid way above the free agent market value, Bargnani trade, etc.).

Last edited:
Someone seduce James Dolan and then accuse him of sexually assaulting you. Would be better if you were a minority and caught him on tape saying racists remarks.

He'll sell to Bill Gates and be the Clippers of the East :lol:

Last edited:
Someone seduce James Dolan and then accuse him of sexually assaulting you. Would be better if you were a minority and caught him on tape saying racists remarks.

He'll sell to Bill Gates and be the Clippers of the East :lol:

I may have to take one for the team. Not literally btw.

Whether or not Melo wants to be here doesn't matter. Melo as a knick just hasn't worked.

NOBODY has worked as a Knick. How long we gonna blame player after player just to watch them flourish elsewhere? I'm tired of making that mistake.

Except Shumpert. He's still trash.
Nobody?

The Ewing team worked. Yeah I went back to the 90s but I still remember those teams. They just never won it all. Gave themselves chances in the finals though.

I'd go as far to say Sprewell and Houston worked to an extent. Yes that's early 2000s at best.

The fact is Melo is the first superstar caliber player to come to the Knicks since we drafted Ewing. Yeah it didn't work, that's a fact but that's part due to how he came here and then from then on a team was never built around him as the #1.

All those other guys who came here and then went to other teams and played better or happened to win a ring or styled on us for a game aint **** in the long run.

Last edited:
I'm obviously not talking about the Ewing days bruh :lol:. & the early 2000's was cool until Houston signed that ridiculous contract that set us back a decade. So pretty much no one has worked for us.

& even Ewing got done dirty at the end of his time w/ this team.

We are the loyalist fans out there because how do we still call ourselves fans with this team..... :smh:

Its hard bros, we have such a bad owner, I heard dude was trying to block that guy who told him to sell the team from buying season tickets.... What kind of ISH is that.... :smh:

I haven't watched a full season in 3 years. Usually by late December I just stop :lol:

I even became a baseball fan in that time period. That's how you know it's slow on the basketball side.

I honestly watch now because I'm usually home by 8 :lol: . When the Knicks were good, Ewing era, I missed most games running the streets. I had a connect in MSG security so I watched more games live than televised. Its been a minute since I been to MSG because I wont pay to see the current team. I would pay to see Melos exit interview tho :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom