Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I don't want **** from BOS.

**** them and their pick.

Melo stays til his contract is up and so does Phil.

Then we're back to 2005 era Knicks

Last edited:
At the moment I'm leaning towards

1. Monk

2. Frank

3. Smith Jr.

But I'd be more than content with any of the 3 and like each of them a lot for different reasons.

At the moment I'm leaning towards

1. Monk

2. Frank

3. Smith Jr.

But I'd be more than content with any of the 3 and like each of them a lot for different reasons.

Honestly, I'm taking Donovan Mitchell over Monk
I could live with any of the 3 I mentioned, but I'd lose my **** if we took Mitchell at 8. I watch a lot of ACC basketball and He is not a top 10 pick in this draft.

Good pick if we can trade for 12 or 15 though, but if you wanna go the defensive route at 8, take the high ceiling pure PG pick with Frank.

No need to reach on Mitchell for any reason whatsoever. All 3 of the PGs I mentioned are great for different reasons so you could draft any one of the 3 based on what type of player you prioritize the most. And all have far superior upside to Mitchell (and in Monk/Smith Jr's case, more college production as freshmen than Mitchell did as a sophomore).

Honestly, I'm taking Donovan Mitchell over Monk
I could live with any of the 3 I mentioned, but I'd lose my **** if we took Mitchell at 8. I watch a lot of ACC basketball and He is not a top 10 pick in this draft.

Good pick if we can trade for 12 or 15 though, but if you wanna go the defensive route at 8, take the high ceiling pure PG pick with Frank.

No need to reach on Mitchell for any reason whatsoever. All 3 of the PGs I mentioned are great for different reasons so you could draft any one of the 3 based on what type of player you prioritize the most. And all have far superior upside to Mitchell (and in Monk/Smith Jr's case, more college production as freshmen than Mitchell did as a sophomore).

I'm not tryna come at you, but what makes you think Monk will be a PG?

For one, it's a scoring PG league right now and Monk is perfectly suited for that. Curry/Westbrook/Lillard all faced similar questions to Monk coming into the draft, Harden was never thought to even potentially be a PG, and today they make up most of the game's elite PGs. Monk is a similar kind of player with great range, a killer instinct and a similar ceiling imo. 

In addition to that, I watched a lot of UK basketball during that stretch when Fox went down. Imo people are downplaying Monk's PG potential because he plays off the ball so well and was forced to do so a lot with Fox running point and not able to play off the ball whatsoever. But I saw a much more complete Malik Monk in Fox's absence. Particularly in his 31 point 2nd half outburst vs Florida in February. Fox was out that game and Monk was just unstoppable. Couldnt miss a shot, took it to the hoop at will, finished through traffic, dunks, and he looked like a real playmaker. I don't think Monk will ever necessarily be a pass first PG, but I do believe he is perfectly suited to be next in line of this generation of great scoring PGs. 

Frank = Shump? :nerd:

He pretty much is. Higher IQ and less explosive though. Shump shot 36% from 3 this year, Frank will probably be around the same. Their inconsistency and lack of ability to finish around the rim is very similar too.

For one, it's a scoring PG league right now and Monk is perfectly suited for that. Curry/Westbrook/Lillard all faced similar questions to Monk coming into the draft, Harden was never thought to even potentially be a PG, and today they make up most of the game's elite PGs. Monk is a similar kind of player with great range, a killer instinct and a similar ceiling imo. 

In addition to that, I watched a lot of UK basketball during that stretch when Fox went down. Imo people are downplaying Monk's PG potential because he plays off the ball so well and was forced to do so a lot with Fox running point and not able to play off the ball whatsoever. But I saw a much more complete Malik Monk in Fox's absence. Particularly in his 31 point 2nd half outburst vs Florida in February. Fox was out that game and Monk was just unstoppable. Couldnt miss a shot, took it to the hoop at will, finished through traffic, dunks, and he looked like a real playmaker. I don't think Monk will ever necessarily be a pass first PG, but I do believe he is perfectly suited to be next in line of this generation of great scoring PGs. 

I got you.

If he could be an above average playmaker that raises his ceiling significantly.

So we signing D-Will as our starting PG for next year right? 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom