Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Frank is for sure not a point guard.
Frank's basketball IQ/passing vision in the pick and roll and transition are his best qualities outside of his defense. Dude is definitely a PG and there werent even questions about that until he started hitting his 3 ball this season.

Frank is for sure not a point guard.
Frank's basketball IQ/passing vision in the pick and roll and transition are his best qualities outside of his defense. Dude is definitely a PG and there werent even questions about that until he started hitting his 3 ball this season.

I dont see it. He's too slow, doesnt really create for others, and his handle is average at best. I guess in the triangle you just have to bring the ball up and go to your spot to play the point.

Last edited:
I don't think I've really stated my preference for this upcoming draft, except making it clear that we need to draft a guard. However, I think I'm down to DSJR or Fox. I am A LITTLE concerned about DSJR's knees, but I like his game and he has a bit of Russ in him. I prefer Fox, but his jumper needs a bit of work. He actually talked about it in a recent video, stating that he had a "down" year shooting. IMO, his form is the issue, bc his elbow is too bent, which creates more room for an inconsistent release trajectory.

I'm not as high on Fox as most others. Similar to Jahil Okafor in 2015, I'm 100% down with him being gone by our pick and choosing between Monk, Smith Jr, and Nlitikina. Although I don't dislike De'Aaron as a prospect as much (or at all really, just not as high on him as most) as I did with Jahil.

No need to move up. We're in a good spot.
we'd be in a much better spot if we didnt win stupid *** meaningless as games at the end of the season. **** makes me so angry man. jim jones on hate me now remix level angry

I guess I just personally love Fox and what he would bring to this squad and it makes me sad as hell we cant get him. 

I'd trade Willy in a heartbeat if it meant we got into the top 5
hell no. I think Willy can be a cornerstone at center, thats not worth 3 spots

hell no. I think Willy can be a cornerstone at center, thats not worth 3 spots
Willy's ceiling is most likely a strong second center or average starter

He doesn't have the kind of game for today's NBA as a center and as of now I don't really see him being able to develop a consistent jumper 

That combined with how poor a defender he is which is usually something players will never get better at makes him expendable to me

No reason why Willy can't be an Enes Kanter-type player
Exactly

If that's his ceiling then he's totally tradable if the right deal presented itself

If we could package him with our #8 pick for Josh Jackson or Fox it'd be a no brainer IMO

Exactly

If that's his ceiling then he's totally tradable if the right deal presented itself

If we could package him with our #8 pick for Josh Jackson or Fox it'd be a no brainer IMO
as much as I love Fox I wouldnt do that. Willy is more valuable than youre projecting him imo. guy already exceeded expectations last season. someone on this team needs to know how to REBOUND. tired of getting embarrassed on the boards night in night out

He has a high IQ and has gotten much better defensively. Plus he's working on his 3 ball. Not ready to give up on WIlly yet.

Back
Top Bottom