Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

It's not that THjr isn't a welcome addition to the team, I hope he balls out. But why go so much above his market value? If he turns out to be a star, great, but that doesn't change his value right now. Even 4/55 I think he would've signed.

It's not that THjr isn't a welcome addition to the team, I hope he balls out. But why go so much above his market value? If he turns out to be a star, great, but that doesn't change his value right now. Even 4/55 I think he would've signed.

Hawks were preparing to match any offer for THJr. They expected the maximum at $50 mill

Last edited:

I feel you, it's just tough being the Knicks. They have literally no leverage, ever. :lol:

THJr the reason we have KP anyway, yall need to thank that man!
JJ Redick got 23m a year at 32
Otto Porter getting 9 digits
Yall seriously upset that THJr getting 17m a year? Plus we had to steal him from Atlanta hence the jump in his market value. Let it all play out, we're still Knicks fans who wont win anytime.

Yeah C. Lee definitely getting traded at this point. Melo is still up in the air though 

Had Lee going to the Celtics for Smart but who knows now. Maybe they try to package him with Melo to get better assets back in return

:lol: it's funny reading the responses and seeing how nobody has a clue what's going on including the knicks themselves.

4/55 would be more reasonable. I'm not mad at it though. Just surprised a free agent wanted to sign here.

Getting ok players like Tim does nothing to help you build toward a championship, and gives Frank 0 help at PG still.

Should have gotten Hill for less money and 1 less year to show him the ropes and split ball-handling duties with and just re-signed Holiday.

We clearly have zero direction as a franchise. What's the point of getting young players just for the sake of youth and in the process overpaying?

The best way to build in NY is how the Cavs did it. Lose games for good picks, and before it's time to pay your young guys and get capped out you bring in a star FA or 2. Getting Tim does absolutely nothing to help for that type of plan.

Last edited:
Flyeed, I know what you mean

I suspect Steve Mills wants the team president position. I suppose this off-season is his best chance to show Dolan that he can run the team instead of Griffin

Even if the Knicks have the money, you don't just throw it at anyone. Knicks should be trying to rebuild. But who knows anymore what they are doing. There are other guys who can have the same production as hardaway and be signed for less. Has Hardaway improved? Sure. Is he worth close to 20M a year though? Does anyone really think he is?

Players are getting overpaid because that's what the market is dictating. Does that mean we have to do the same thing? Is Otto Porter worth a max? No. Common sense says don't sign him. But so many GMs are just trying to piss on each other and think that overpaying someone willl work. When has it? I can't think of one situation where someone who most people knew were overpaid from the jump, lived up to the contract. Half these GMs don't have a clue what they're doing.

If we know we are not a playoff team, why not just wait and build through the draft. If no one wants to sign with us at a fair price then so be it. We wait. It doesn't mean to throw all our money away. Portland out here trying to get rid of all those guys they recently signed because they realized they overpaid. Portland does not have the financial flexibility to do anything and they are trying to fix it. Eventually these bloated contracts are going to be what they are. Bad contracts.

I respect Phil because he tried to not let the players take control of his situation. As president of the Knicks, he did what he had to do. Unfortunately for him, the media spun things out of control. This dude Melo, single handedly, made us trade away all our assets for him, fire pringles for him (who he now wants to play for again), and fire our team president because he called him out. He literally ran through the Knicks entire organization. Then we give Melo all the power again by giving him a no trade clause. That Knicks front office so soft, they really need to clean house and start fresh.

This was just another mistake by a poorly ran franchise. But you guys can learn the Hardaway.

We clearly have zero direction as a franchise. What's the point of getting young players just for the sake of youth and in the process overpaying?

The best way to build in NY is how the Cavs did it. Lose games for good picks, and before it's time to pay your young guys and get capped out you bring in a star FA or 2. Getting Tim does absolutely nothing to help for that type of plan.
Lmao Cavs aint build **** tho. Bron left, they became trash and got some young talent and Bron came back. Knicks are not getting Bron. George Hill is 30+ injury prone and did not want to come here man. Plus im cool with throwing Frank into the fire, fugg getting another pg

I like hardaway just wish we didn't have Lee on our team already that's all. And I wanted hill to be our pg but scrap that plan lol

Last edited:
Not to say its 100% healed but the main reason FA's didn't wanna come here a week ago was because of Phil and the Triangle but with him gone now we shouldn't have nearly as many issues getting people to play here

Especially if we get a competent GM like Griffin in here

In order for us to sign "Star" players. There has to be mutual interest. Have y'all forgotten that nobody wants to come here and the reasons why?

This is still the same franchise that disrespected its past, present, and future over the course of the season. Phil is gone, great. Dolan is still here. Rambis is still the "defensive" coach and Mills is on the sideline laughing at our best players workouts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom