Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

So everyone says is a dumb *** idea. Why? Someone give me a reason as to why making him stay with the team and not playing is a good move.

Who says if he is not traded that he doesn't play?

I see a lot ppl mentioning sitting him but that's not even an option to me in any of these scenarios. It makes absolutely no sense.

You gonna not trade Melo and sit him the whole season? That benefits no one.

He will stay and play. Now if he wants to protest he better have a doctor's note for an injury or be prepared to be fined in to Bolivia.

This isn't even a Starbury situation where the coach is stupid and dislikes the star player and it fit with the tanking plan. The team literally just fired Phil over buying him out so if they don't get a good trade on the table he will continue to earn the rest of his contract like every other player in the league.

Exactly f that. Ima pay 30 mill and have count toward my cap.
Better get your *** out and win some ball games and earn that.
I guarantee you he won't sit out and risk getting fined every game he sits out for 82 games. Will only hurt himself .
I think we should shut down trade talks and have him play thru the season and we revisit his trade value and the deadline. Enough of the distractions heading into training camp

Ya if we don't trade melo and he opts out in the summer I don't see why he wouldn't play. There really is no incentive to trade him if your not getting value back. He will not get the starbury treatment. He won't like it but he will play and it's important for him to take this year seriously since he will be a free agent

Thats another thing. Rather trade him before training camp. Never know if an injury will happen and his value plummets even more.

As long as we dont add bad contracts past 2 years i'm fine with any package.

Rather have the young guys grow together instead of having this shadow of a melo trade all season long. Similar to that whole kobe retirement parade the lakers had for 82 games. Dragging this out is just not good no matter how you look at it.

Thats another thing. Rather trade him before training camp. Never know if an injury will happen and his value plummets even more.

that's another good point. either way you look at, there are more negatives than positives if a trade actually goes through. we already know that we're not getting equal value back and it's inevitable that we're going to take back a bad contract bc of his salary. the only trade that actually works out is if we get a young talent and expiring contract after this season. Houston, Portland, and Cleveland don't meet both of those conditions, so we're taking a L. as much as i want him to retire a Knick, he's dipping out after this season anyway. letting him walk at the end of the season or buying him out now is the same thing. he's gonna be on our books for this year, and since y'all wanna tank so much, having him will result in more wins.

Seems like some of you just want Melo gone so bad that you'll willingly get fleeced just to move him.

we're getting fleeced regardless bro

A trade with Portland 100% works. We wont be taking back any bad contracts. He just needs to sign off on it.

Harkless + Aminu + Collins/1st rounder for Melo + Randle works.

Go to a team where you can actually compete?

Its only for 1-2 years also. He's literally an idiot for wanting to drag this out and be a part of this mess.

Would you choose Portland over Cleveland or Houston? One of the few guys in the league who actually wanted to be here. You give him a NTC and then try to chase him out, but you want him to go wherever is most beneficial to you? :lol:

Knicks gonna Knick.

He has a player option. He can go where ever the hell he wants after this year if Portland doesnt work out.

It hasnt worked here. Before Phil Jackson and after Phil Jackson. Plain and simple. On top of that he hinders the growth of our young players on the court. Even the crowd starts a count down every time he touches the ball.

Strike while the iron is hot, and in terms of his value right now, the iron is hot.

Would you choose Portland over Cleveland or Houston? One of the few guys in the league who actually wanted to be here. You give him a NTC and then try to chase him out, but you want him to go wherever is most beneficial to you? :lol:

Knicks gonna Knick.
When have the Knicks ever NOT gotten fleeced in a trade?

Would still prefer to let Carmelo play out this season. Then if he wants to pick up his option trade him next season. Either way he fits perfectly into their starting lineup. All they need now is a pg and a healthy Noah. They should've been trying to trade for Rubio instead

Just because he has a player option next year doesn't mean he wants to waste a year in Portland to appease us. Bottom line is the organization handcuffed itself and we have to take whatever trash package we get in return or he plays. A buyout would be a classic Knicks move

Back
Top Bottom