Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

if the knicks get kyrie it will set the franchise back another 20 years. we seen what happens when the knicks have a score first pg.....anybody remember stephon marbury? kyrie is no different,well actually he is...smaller and more injury prone. good luck knicks fans

All of this is a reach

All of this is a reach

elaborate? im saying do knicks fans want to see NY bring a championship home or are yall content with having "diet" kobe in a pgs body? For all the flash kyrie brings there is no substance behind him at all...we already seen what kyrie is capable of with the keys in his hand from 2011-2014..didnt come close to getting to the playoffs in the WEAK east (was really weak then too). i mean if u fine with that thats cool i just expected more from knicks fans.

Changed my mind about Irving. This is straight up history repeating itself. I hope we learned our lesson from trading away our assets for Melo 6 years ago. Unless its a Melo + Lance/Kuz swap for Kyrie, i'm not pulling the trigger.

We could of waited to sign melo instead of trading the kitchen sink. The same can't be said about Kyrie since he's still under contract and it's not like he has a NTC so cavs can trade him anywhere. I would give up anything except KP obviously for him. Melo, frank and a protected top 5 pick should be enough. Throw in Lee also if it helps. We can win with kp and kyrie you just have to build around both of them. Iversion is just a scorer and same as dirk but with the right coach and right pieces I don't see how we can't win with those 2 guys being the center piece of a franchise

We could of waited to sign melo instead of trading the kitchen sink. The same can't be said about Kyrie since he's still under contract and it's not like he has a NTC so cavs can trade him anywhere. I would give up anything except KP obviously for him. Melo, frank and a protected top 5 pick should be enough. Throw in Lee also if it helps. We can win with kp and kyrie you just have to build around both of them. Iversion is just a scorer and same as dirk but with the right coach and right pieces I don't see how we can't win with those 2 guys being the center piece of a franchise

did this ninja just put dirk,iverson,and kyrie in the same category? "scorers" lmao

bruh its not dirks scoring that made him special.........IT WAS THE FACT HE WAS 7 FEET AND HAD RANGE FROM HALF COURT( he was a mismatch for opposing pfs and centers because they had to guard him on the perimeter).....kyrie is a barely 6 feet PG with a SG skill set......u dont win championships with players like him and history backs that up....look at how many uber flashy,athletic guards have come before him and failed miserably trying to lead teams(marbury,francis,ai,etc) u cant build around kyrie because he isnt a pass first pg.....u put kyrie on a team like the cavs,warriors or spurs...a team where he has no choice but to BLEND IN and have A ROLE. Giving kyrie the keys to a franchise is like giving a crack head a gram of blow and not expecting them to not smoke it.

Im trying to save u knicks fans the heartache but yall seem like yall really want him when yall have seen this narrative before. Having kyrie and KP on the same team is going to stunt KP's growth. Knicks should clean house and build around KP. Yall got time...no one is beating the warriors the next 3-4 years so there is no "rush" to build a contender for pretty much any east team ESPECIALLY IF KYRIE GOES WEST...take your time, make moves, quietly build and as the warriors start aging,lebron start aging the knicks will be ready to compete with a young squad centered around a "dirk" type player

There's a reason Melo ain't moved yet. There's no package that's both beneficial to the future of the team and that Melo's willing to accept. Kyrie is the most attractive thing floating out there thus far. The only thing attractive. Only other option is let Melo ride the year out.

When we traded all of our assets for Melo he was clear cut top 10 player in the league. Kyrie isnt even top 20, yet ya'll wanna trade picks and young players for him.

I'd welcome Kyrie as a Knick, but def not if unprotected picks/Frank/Willy are involved.

I don't even think we even need to do much as far as young players or picks, he wants to leave CLE and we still got a bonafide star who sees them as an option who's new guard he already has a relationship with.

Cavs will trade Kyrie for the best package given to them regardless of the team. We'd be stupid to offer the best package.

Kyrie in free agency would be nice. Trading valuable assets for him is a no go imo. Been down that road before but we'll see what Perry and co decide. Maybe Kyrie proves us wrong and plays like a multi faceted player wherever he goes.

Def don't gut the team, but I feel like we have an edge where we won't have to. Aside from their dysfunction, they're in that "win now" phase like we've been in forever, they'll likely ultimately be the losers in a trade unless they just say **** LeBron. They need a known name to replace a known name, unless there's another move out there brewing or Cavs fans will cause a knicks riot.

Changed my mind about Irving. This is straight up history repeating itself. I hope we learned our lesson from trading away our assets for Melo 6 years ago. Unless its a Melo + Lance/Kuz swap for Kyrie, i'm not pulling the trigger.

Yep.

"Who cares about trading a late lottery picks, we got Melo!"

*6 years later Denver takes Jamal Murray with our pick*

Melo and Frank NT is far from gutting the team :lol: You'll def need the 2018 picks to cash in on this seasons losses tho..

LeBron
KD
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Kawhi
Wall

Are probably the only players you can clear cut say are better than Kyrie in today's NBA. boogie? No. Unibrow? Nope. Hasn't done anything for this franchise. CP3? Nope. Griffin? Nope.

Y'all foolish if you think NT and first round draft picks are more valuable than a 25 year old superstar point guard running and gunning with KP.

LeBron
KD
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Kawhi
AD
Giannis
Wall
Paul George
Jimmy Butler
CP3

Are all better than Kyrie. If you swap Kyrie with any of those guys teams, that team will not be better. If IT or Dame played with Lebron they'd be champions too, would look just as good as well.

You really going to use that melo draft pick as an example? Jamal murray for prime melo yes I would do that trade again. Melo who's as good as gone with Frank and top 5 protected pick is good for Kyrie. You can't expect to give up melo straight up to get the deal done plus the lottery pick would be protected

Kyrie doesn't move the needle. If we were a piece away from contending for a championship, sure, trade the picks.

We're winning ~30 games without Kyrie & maybe 35-37 with him. Difference is, we'll have draft picks to continue to build for the future.

Don't know why some of y'all wanna be the 7 seed so bad.

I am okay if the pick is protected. If the pick isn't protected, then no thanks. I know it sounds silly. I don't care if we will be good or not. It is because we keep feeding the cycle alive. We have to break it first. We just started changing our way

Kyrie doesn't move the needle. If we were a piece away from contending for a championship, sure, trade the picks.

We're winning ~30 games without Kyrie & maybe 35-37 with him. Difference is, we'll have draft picks to continue to build for the future.

Don't know why some of y'all wanna be the 7 seed so bad.
we become a 45 win team but it's worth it. You aren't drafting anyone better. We complain that no one wants to be here now someone does and we don't want him. We'll never be good because of **** like this.

IMG_2387.jpg

Back
Top Bottom