Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

While I agree, I could also say that the Knicks don't owe him anything either. While I love Melo's loyalty to the franchise, he signed a very nice contract to play here. The Knicks don't HAVE to trade him to where he wants to go. They could just keep him. I don't think either side is a victim in this situation, but hopefully they can figure something out to where both sides are happy.
IMO, they shouldn't have given the NTC in the first place. They only owe Melo the terms of his contract which unfortunately includes the right to veto a trade he doesn't agree to. So they dont have to trade him but if they are its going to be one that Melo is comfortable with. Only other option besides keeping him is cashing him outside. Even some practice film of frank NT would be a welcome distraction at this point :lol:

Kyrie is cool but he doesn't move the needle at all if he is your best guy. Big pass on giving up real assets for him.

No defense, black hole on offense, below-average playmaker. He's a chuck (an amazingly talented one at that) and I'm good on those types of guys being on this team.

I'd be happy to sign Kyrie outright in a couple year but breaking the bank for him is stupid.

idk why some of y'all really want Kyrie. he's just like Rose. another score first PG, that doesn't pass, and doesn't defend. even though he's probably the best player we'd get, in a hypothetical trade for Melo, he isn't gonna make us better.

idk why some of y'all really want Kyrie. he's just like Rose. another score first PG, that doesn't pass, and doesn't defend. even though he's probably the best player we'd get, in a hypothetical trade for Melo, he isn't gonna make us better.
BEEN saying this from the jump

What's funny is when those who want Kyrie so bad will be crying about how we don't have any picks for the next two years. Knicks fans gon Knicks fan.

So y'all aren't gonna take into account the level of talent that Kyrie had to play alongside before Lebron re-entered the picture? Dion Waiters was the second best player on the team. You don't think Kyrie, KP, and THjr and Willy is a good young core?

Crazy part is Kyrie is 25. He's literally young talent. Y'all could keep that 14th pick next 2 seasons though lol

IMG_1490.jpg

Nah it's his style of play/cost that people are worried about.

Kyrie is an elite talent for sure but a #1 option is iffy especially playing the 1.

exactly. he's one the best scorers in the league, no doubt. however, he doesn't pass or play defense. he doesn't make his teammates better. those are really important qualities of a point guard. a starting backcourt of him and THJR would be HORRIBLE defensively. i can also guarantee that Kyrie would average more shots per game, than Melo did. this also hinders KP's development. don't you also find it odd that he would rather be the #1 option, than go to the Finals every year (until Bron leaves) with Cleveland? that sounds hella selfish to me. he averaged 25ppg and more shots than Bron. what else does he want? he makes it seem like he's playing in Bron's shadow, when he's already putting up more shots than him. what else does he want? 30 shots per game? again, great talent, but not someone that i want on our team. if he was a 6'6 SG/SF then hell yeah, but not as our PG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom