Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo better open his eyes and realize if we get Kyrie the Knicks will actually be worth a hoot so he better stay his *** in position if he knows what's good for him.

We're not getting Kyrie without giving up Melo, Frank, Willy, or pick(s). It would be nice to see Kyrie, Frank, THJR, Melo, and KP on the floor though. At this point, Melo won't even waive his NTC for Cleveland, so we're definitely giving up a couple picks and Frank for him.

Wouldn't doubt at this point if we come to an agreement with Houston and Melo says "Nah I'm good, I'll just ride out my contract".

What if Melo refuses to play for the remainder of his contract can he do that?

I will never forget that play of him laying on the floor in Denver while he was still playing there and they kept it pushing and even brought the ball back down the floor with still laying there I think :lol:

We can keep Melo and add Kyrie. Just include Frank and two #1s in the Suns' haul

Attachments

• IMG_3545.PNG
    IMG_3545.PNG
    256.2 KB · Views: 12
We not getting Kyrie. I think a lot of your are fantasizing about the idea, rightfully so. But gutting the team again would really hurt the future of team and get us no where. The Knicks don't even have a good trade package to offer Cleveland.

Meh

When we have a better record next year without Melo, whats gonna be the narrative then?
So you're saying this current squad without Melo will have a better record?

Just ignoring the emphasis on the triangle (something all of yall whined about being a problem) being gone?

I don't see this squad really flourishing past 31 or 32 games and if they do not by much.

Some of yall have deluded yourselves on why the Knicks have been bad.

Last edited:
regardless if we have a better record its not like we making the playoffs... and gutting the team who is valuable on this team besides kp? hardaway is good but really overpaid and willy is ok but not consistent enough to say hes untouchable to trade... i doubt the kyrie trade happens because melo wants to go to houston so badly but you make it seem like if kyrie was traded here its a terrible trade that would set us back... kyrie, kp, and hardaway if we dont trade him would be a good core and would attract free agents something we cant do because phil ruined this franchise as far as guys wanting to come here...and its not melos fault we suck... hes not the problem really even clyde cosigned :lol:

regardless if we have a better record its not like we making the playoffs... and gutting the team who is valuable on this team besides kp? hardaway is good but really overpaid and willy is ok but not consistent enough to say hes untouchable to trade... i doubt the kyrie trade happens because melo wants to go to houston so badly but you make it seem like if kyrie was traded here its a terrible trade that would set us back... kyrie, kp, and hardaway if we dont trade him would be a good core and would attract free agents something we cant do because phil ruined this franchise as far as guys wanting to come here...and its not melos fault we suck... hes not the problem really even clyde cosigned :lol:

i agree with you, for the most part. however, a lot of us don't want to trade Willy for a few reasons. he's young and his contract is next to nothing are the biggest reasons. he's also a good big man for his age, exceeded a lot of expectations, and is one of KP's best friends. i wouldn't say his untouchable, but trading him would be blatantly stupid IMO. you're not going to get another big man like him for that price or intangibles.

Apparently we've already made offers for Kyrie but Cleveland wants a package like what we gave away for Melo with win now veterans and a bunch of draft picks

FOH

Back
Top Bottom