Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Whatever we get for Rose will determine if that trade was a fail. Without that trade we wouldn't have gotten stuck with Noah's contract.

Last edited:
I always liked Houston and I hated that he got so much flack for that contract. Like who tf gonna really turn down $100 m's?

I remember when MJ had his bags packed to go to NY but the Bulls decided to pay that man his worth.

I thought that was a silly rumor

Plus we ended up with Allan Houston
It's true, but different year. The year Allan Houston robbed the Knicks, it was Reggie Miller who was about to sign. 

Robbed the Knicks? He did ok when he first signed. We got Chris Childs and traded Mason for LJ. John Starks became our sixth man. Our team looked really good on paper.It was a deep team.

I don't think I've ever hated a player for getting their paper. Management on the other hand is dumb as **** for offering Noer 72 mil and I didn't agree with the Houston contract. Everyone in this thread would be lying if they said they'd turn down money from their employer. The Knicks make money despite our record so they're a little loosie with the checkbook. :lol:

Would you take any of these trades? or are they too lopsided... I just want rose shipped off before the deadline

Nope. Why would we move Rose if that's 21 mil off the books? The only one that might get us something in return is the Wolves since this thread is so convinced Rubio is the savior. :lol: Even then we'd be stuck paying Pekovic not to show up since his career is over

Last edited:

Robbed the Knicks? He did ok when he first signed. We got Chris Childs and traded Mason for LJ. John Starks became our sixth man. Our team looked really good on paper.It was a deep team.
I say robbed because I remember the Pistons version of Allan Houston...he went to the basket and dunked the ball in addition to shooting 3 pointers, a complete 180 from the Knicks version. He wasn't a bum but the Knicks def overpaid to get a softer version of his former self. You said he did ok when he first signed...doesn't sound like he was worth the contract amount 
laugh.gif

It's true, but different year. The year Allan Houston robbed the Knicks, it was Reggie Miller who was about to sign. 
It was more so about him being offered the contract than him turning it down.
I recall a lot of people felt that way
Yes, they were upset. It's more on management offering that money though. Still robbery 
laugh.gif

I'd trade Noah for gonorrhea.
It's gotten that bad huh? 
laugh.gif

Porzingis liked a tweet from Rubio that said 'Never stress over what you can't control' :nerd: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom