Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I think Boston, Cleveland, and LAC could all really use Melo to get to the next level (if Cleveland doesnt win again that is). Of all 3 Boston could definitely get us the best haul although there is 0% chance we are getting that Nets pick from them. But if we are lucky I'm sure guys like Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Crowder, and possibly even Avery Bradley if they end up drafting Markelle Fultz, plus other draft picks they have other than the Nets ones might be available to us in a Melo deal, especially if they lose in the first round (not all of them obviously).

IMO the most realistic option/what I think will most likely happen if Melo gets dealt is that the Cavs fail to repeat and Lebron convinces the Cavs to go after Melo and Melo to come to Cleveland. Melo is a MUCH better fit in Cleveland than Love, especially if they lose to the small ball Warriors in the Finals and Love is minimized again because its so tough to play him and TT together vs the death lineup. Plus you know Lebron likes Melo alot more than Love and he has always enjoyed playing with friends and I'm sure he would love to change Melo's narrative much like he has sort of done with that mental ******* ****** Earl Joseph Smith III. I just hope that if Melo is dealt to Cleveland that there are other teams involved because I want no part of Love in NYC. Maybe we can combine the 2 teams and revisit those Melo to Cleveland, Love to Boston, young Celtics assets to the Knicks talks that were rumored last year before the Cavs won the title.

Last edited:

I think Boston, Cleveland, and LAC could all really use Melo to get to the next level (if Cleveland doesnt win again that is). Of all 3 Boston could definitely get us the best haul although there is 0% chance we are getting that Nets pick from them. But if we are lucky I'm sure guys like Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Crowder, and possibly even Avery Bradley if they end up drafting Markelle Fultz, plus other draft picks they have other than the Nets ones might be available to us in a Melo deal, especially if they lose in the first round (not all of them obviously).

IMO the most realistic option/what I think will most likely happen if Melo gets dealt is that the Cavs fail to repeat and Lebron convinces the Cavs to go after Melo and Melo to come to Cleveland. Melo is a MUCH better fit in Cleveland than Love, especially if they lose to the small ball Warriors in the Finals and Love is minimized again because its so tough to play him and TT together vs the death lineup. Plus you know Lebron likes Melo alot more than Love and he has always enjoyed playing with friends and I'm sure he would love to change Melo's narrative much like he has sort of done with that mental ******* ****** Earl Joseph Smith III. I just hope that if Melo is dealt to Cleveland that there are other teams involved because I want no part of Love in NYC. Maybe we can combine the 2 teams and revisit those Melo to Cleveland, Love to Boston, young Celtics assets to the Knicks talks that were rumored last year before the Cavs won the title.
Cavs not gonna trade soon to be 33 Melo for 28 Love. Lebron wasn't really down to play with he's bff Wade when he was aging. Cavs need as much rebounding in which Love is better at. From GM's perspective, added to how much phil wants to get rid of him, knicks are gonna get lowballed 

Phil set Melo up....
500x1000px-LL-3d2d8f5f_IMG_0661.jpeg

If the Cavs somehow get Melo and keep love. :x
Imagine being able to choose between Bron, Kyrie, Melo, or Love to take your last shot. :x :x

I doubt Phil will be able to trade Melo for anything good. He's killed any chance of people wanting to play here, and he's had to drop Melo's stock as well.

Cavs not gonna trade soon to be 33 Melo for 28 Love. Lebron wasn't really down to play with he's bff Wade when he was aging. Cavs need as much rebounding in which Love is better at. From GM's perspective, added to how much phil wants to get rid of him, knicks are gonna get lowballed 
Age doesnt mean **** to Cleveland right now, if it did they wouldnt have traded Wiggins for Love in the first place. Cleveland knows that their championship window = Lebron. So as long as Melo is still Melo while Lebron is still the best player in the NBA, a few years doesnt make a difference to them. They know that by the time Lebron is either done using them or retires they are going to have to rebuild around Kyrie and by then Love will probably be well past his prime anyway. 

Besides, Cleveland will do whatever Lebron wants them to do. We all know that hes the real GM. And if the Cavs dont repeat and Love struggles again vs the Warriors or some **** and Lebron wants Melo and sees him as a better fit than Love especially vs the team they need to dethrone who he already has struggled with and now added KD, you damn well better believe that Cleveland will make it happen as long as they can make a deal agreeable to us.

Last edited:

Age doesnt mean **** to Cleveland right now, if it did they wouldnt have traded Wiggins for Love in the first place. Cleveland knows that their championship window = Lebron. So as long as Melo is still Melo while Lebron is still the best player in the NBA, a few years doesnt make a difference to them. They know that by the time Lebron is either done using them or retires they are going to have to rebuild around Kyrie and by then Love will probably be well past his prime anyway. 

Besides, Cleveland will do whatever Lebron wants them to do. We all know that hes the real GM. And if the Cavs dont repeat and Love struggles again vs the Warriors or some **** and Lebron wants Melo and sees him as a better fit than Love especially vs the team they need to dethrone who he already has struggled with and now added KD, you damn well better believe that Cleveland will make it happen as long as they can make a deal agreeable to us.
Cleveland will do whatever Lebron says, but LeBron is not dumb enough to give up Love for Melo. lmao 'agreeable to us' my ***. we don't have that kind of leverage especially with phil 

Cleveland will only accept Melo if we agree to take back Frye, Anderson, Dhantay Jones, Kay Felder and Richard Jefferson :lol:

Same goes with the Clippers or whoever else needs a scoring forward.

Last edited:

Cleveland will do whatever Lebron says, but LeBron is not dumb enough to give up Love for Melo. lmao 'agreeable to us' my ***. we don't have that kind of leverage especially with phil 
Giving up Love for Melo would make Cleveland a better team... Giving up Wiggins for Love was dumb and they did that ****. 

And we may not have much leverage with Melo's NTC and everything but its still not like were going to trade Melo if a deal isnt agreeable to us. He is still under contract.

At this point Melo might have to waive his ntc and go to a lower profile team just to keep his sanity. Phil, the NYC media, LaLa separation, etc. Dude needs to go to Minnesota or back to Denver or some **** and just live without all this hyper negativity.

Cleveland will only accept Melo if we agree to take back Frye, Anderson, Dhantay Jones, Kay Felder and Richard Jefferson :lol:

Same goes with the Clippers or whoever else needs a scoring forward.

Worst thing is, I think we will take a trash package for Melo from whoever it may be anyways.

Eff the TWolves! So the Knicks should get a pass because the Wolves effed up twice? :lol: What exactly does Frank do well, he seems very mediocre. He's a Euro tho so we will probably take him :frown:
Better question is what doesnt Frank do well? Guy has all the tools in the world, a vast skillset on both offense and defense, and he is the youngest player in the draft at 18. Dude is the Porzingis of this draft class. Id bet you havent watched a lot of his film or read scouting reports on him if you think he looks mediocre, or you just prefer the Knicks to take an American but dont want to say that outright like all the people who thought it was foolish to think Porzingis was a better prospect than Jahil Okafor in 2015.

Luckily there isnt a PG in this draft I feel the way I felt about Okafor back then about, where I just wanted no part of him on the Knicks. I would be very happy with anyone of the top 6 PGs (including Monk), as long as we dont **** it up and finally solve this team's decades long PG crisis.

I am so over these Felton/Calderon/Derrick Rose stop gap PG solutions. I dont get how people are now starting to get excited about potentially signing Jrue Holliday thinking its going to be any different. All these guys do is make a ton of money to play just mediocre enough to keep us out of getting a great draft pick. This is the draft where no matter what happens we need to draft our franchise PG so we can build around him and KP. 

All I'm saying is dont sleep on the Frenchie though. IMO he may have more upside than any of the others excluding Fultz.
I haven't watched much film on Frank. What I've seen was not very impressive at all. No ability to get to the basket, an inconsistent jump shot, no court vision and pretty raw defensively. This is why I asked but no response still from anyone who may have seen otherwise. Our last couple of picks have been euro players which is why I feel well pick one. PJ is hung up on the triangle and his thought is that US players lack the fundamentals to succeed in it. I'm not against it, if the players a player, but it seems to be PJ's direction to find players for his system.

Last edited:
I do think we will draft Frank although Draft Express has us taking Lauri Markkanen which i'm unsure about. We don't need a PF really.

Back
Top Bottom