Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy how the scoring has changed from the 2001 season(left) compared to the 2017 season(right)
DGwAlOkWsAA_Zrj.jpg

DGwAlOkWAAA46qg.jpg

The 2016-17 Orlando Magic would've had a top 5 offense in 2001.

But I was told basketball was better back then...

The 2016-17 Orlando Magic would've had a top 5 offense in 2001.

But I was told basketball was better back then...
It's really just a product of the 3 point shooting culture now. Teams on average are almost attempting twice as many 3s per game as they did in 2001.

I've come to accept that I will never agree with Addict4Sneakers' Giannis takes. Still my guy though

He clearly is. Shot blocking, steals. Defends both wings positions and 4s. And he guarded the best player on the other team every night.

Danny Green took the tougher matchups this season
We went over the last part though before. This is the same thing with Steph Curry. Danny Green is also an elite defender and doesn't have the same offensive responsibility he should be taking those assignments. But in crunch time situations Kawhi and him often switched.

We went over the last part though before. This is the same thing with Steph Curry. Danny Green is also an elite defender and doesn't have the same offensive responsibility he should be taking those assignments. But in crunch time situations Kawhi and him often switched.

And I clearly understand this concept. It allowed him to have his best offensive season.

But Giannis was locking down 3 positions and leading his team in every category. He's a legit rim protecting 2 way player. Have we seen this at the wing position?

He clearly is. Shot blocking, steals. Defends both wings positions and 4s. And he guarded the best player on the other team every night.

Danny Green took the tougher matchups this season

AD is a much better scorer and rebounder than Giannis, and they are about the same on blocks (AD slightly better) and steals (Giannis slightly better) so how is Giannis clearly better than AD?

AD is a much better scorer and rebounder than Giannis, and they are about the same on blocks (AD slightly better) and steals (Giannis slightly better) so how is Giannis clearly better than AD?

Giannis' playmaking evens out the scoring advantage plus AD's usage is way higher.

If Giannis plays the 4 full time this season, he's getting double digit rebounds.

Giannis' playmaking evens out the scoring advantage plus AD's usage is way higher.

If Giannis plays the 4 full time this season, he's getting double digit rebounds.

I don' think that's the case, Giannis was near 30% usage this year as well, doubt his numbers go up that much more. And a lot of your stuff is projection, cause the production this past season and numbers outside of assists (like you used for steals and blocks vs Kawhi) don't favor him over AD at all.

I don' think that's the case, Giannis was near 30% usage this year as well, doubt his numbers go up that much more. And a lot of your stuff is projection, cause the production this past season and numbers outside of assists (like you used for steals and blocks vs Kawhi) don't favor him over AD at all.

And AD's numbers are going go down with a full season next to DMC.

Plus I'd rather have the guy that can stay on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom