Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 'Peace' after Meth drops a bomb always stings a bit more :rofl:.

i dont even know if he means it lol. Like actually means it. 'peace'. It's more like his finishing move now. His trademark. Like the spark of an L before lil wayne hops on a track.

Look tough guy, your avy is something I could give 2 flips about.
This is about me, you and what matters to you, man whatever. Talk your tough stuff though, but get a new avy.
You take it up with Meth.
He banned it.

That 'Peace' after Meth drops a bomb always stings a bit more :rofl:.

i dont even know if he means it lol. Like actually means it. 'peace'. It's more like his finishing move now. His trademark. Like the spark of an L before lil wayne hops on a track.

Bruh, I wasn't even part of this thread, homie @ me and I had no clue what was goin on. Next thing I get a PM from Meth and I'm like (??????)

Your avy sucks, had it ten years, Peace.

Like.......wait, wut? The **** just happened? :lol:

I wasn't even part of this thread. "How the **** you gon get fired on your day off?" :lol: :rofl:

kobe and shaq. perfect analogy i had. CP legit caught a stray from the street. Dude wasnt even watching. He was in the cafe around the corner ordering his latte with extra soy milk when a slug came through the drywall.

Latte, soy milk....aye, you tryna help me here or hurt me? :lol: Damn man, I ain't been thru enough tonight? :lol:

dang..now i really wish those posts werent erased. Everybody else needs to see what went down. This is so funny. Hella entertainment in the off-season. Better than reiterating who kobe is better than.

Like, I'm not trying to laugh at CP pain..but what happened to him has to be top 5 funny occurrence of at least the first 8 months of 2017. My guy literally did nothing wrong hahahaha.

All because KD went to the Dubs...

UnconsciousHighGroundbeetle.gif

lowkey....highkey....all this animosity...started...July 4, 2016

We've had these rules in place for ages now:
https://niketalk.com/threads/reminder-nsfw-content-is-not-appropriate-for-niketalk.516943/

It's nothing new. I've tried to be patient. I've tried to be understanding. If people don't understand where the line is drawn, then I have no problem deleting MORE content rather than LESS to make that distinction clearer. I get that everyone wants to be treated fairly. If you get your avatar deleted and you say "well what about so and so!?" I'll delete their avatar, too, if it's in violation.

Let me keep it :emoji_100: here:

I'm tired of getting complaints from people who can't view our forums from work or home because they're worried that a lewd image will pop up in a thread about sneakers or sports.

I'm tired of coming across support requests from women whose pictures have been uploaded without their consent by some lonely NikeTalk member.

Saving NikeTalk from the discontinuation of the previous platform cost us more money than most of our members probably spent on college tuition. It was not cheap. It cost a lot of money to convert the data from a proprietary format to that of the new platform. It cost a lot of money to build out our hosting infrastructure and provide storage for all the images everyone's uploaded over the years - along with the redundancy and regular backups required to protect it all. It cost a lot of money to create a custom design. It cost a lot of money to custom develop features just for us. (Twitter/IG embeds, name change, pending navigation and content discovery tweaks.) It cost a lot of money to provide professional support services for our community and our fellow members.

We pay for this site with ad revenue. That's also how we fund our donations.

We moved almost a month ago, but we're STILL waiting for approval from ad networks - that should've taken under 24 hours and were no problem for other sites - over concerns about raunchy images that have NOTHING to do with our core subject matter.

This is a VERY minor concession.

You had the same avatar for 10 years? Great. I don't know many people who, as adults, would want to be associated with the poster they hung up in their locker in sixth grade, but whatever.

We need ads to maintain the site. We need ads to host your avatars.

So the choice is this: follow the rules and enjoy the types of content that brought us all here in the first place, and that bring you here day after day.
Post the type of tawdry, lascivious images you'd have no trouble finding elsewhere on the Internet and lose NT entirely.

These policies are in place for a reason. They help us make NikeTalk safer and more welcoming for a diverse audience, and they help us keep the site online.

I have little sympathy for those who have no interest in either.

If you want to argue about it, hit my inbox. It's been one of the most dramatic offseasons in league history. There are far more interesting things to occupy NBA fans' time than gripes about avatars.

You ain't really have to type all that. I'm not in your inbox, nor will I waste my time doin so. I know how it goes with you.

But a-friend, yeah I'ma let it be known for his skinned knee act and him getting someone else clipped over his BS. That's broad ****, he ain't dodgin that rap.

But no prob from me, I didn't mean to single handedly prevent your ad revenue from pilin up.

You ain't really have to type all that. I'm not in your inbox, nor will I waste my time doin so. I know how it goes with you.

But a-friend, yeah I'ma let it be known for his skinned knee act and him getting someone else clipped over his BS. That's broad ****, he ain't dodgin that rap.

But no prob from me, I didn't mean to single handedly prevent your ad revenue from pilin up.
If it wasn't that serious, you'd be over it already. It's been HOURS and you're still talking about it. I felt some statement was required to eliminate any lingering confusion over the reasoning and get things back on topic.

It's time to move on.

Saving NikeTalk from the discontinuation of the previous platform cost us more money than most of our members probably spent on college tuition. It was not cheap.

Would love to see what this number was/is if possible.

Thread descended into chaos as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom