Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't know if I should put this here or the fools wylin thread.

Funny enough if I were looking at a way to market kawhi it would be like how nike did with penny where he was the straight man and then they had Chris rock as lil penny actually being entertaining

Cause ain't like penny had a ton personality either.. just hadmore flash to his game before injuries got the best of him

That footlocker ad with Duncan and Derrick rose was hilarious.. but not sure how many times you can go to that well

But dude is easily a top 5 player right now.. just has zero personality, that we know of and doesn't seem to have any desire to be bout that life

Didn't know if I should put this here or the fools wylin thread.

it sounds like truth though. there's more to being a superstar than just being a good player. 'Star' power is an intangible thing. I think if Anfernee said 'Great' player, people would have less issue. Dude isn't a superstar. Having a lot to do with his quiet demeanor and personality. Not a shot to him. It's fact. He is a phenomenal player though.

Kiwi is definitely a superstar just as Duncan was based solely on his on court performance. He's just not a megastar in that MJ, Shaq, Bron, Kobe, Magic frame.

it sounds like truth though. there's more to being a superstar than just being a good player. 'Star' power is an intangible thing. I think if Anfernee said 'Great' player, people would have less issue. Dude isn't a superstar. Having a lot to do with his quiet demeanor and personality. Not a shot to him. It's fact. He is a phenomenal player though.
so in other words you agreeing with shotsrangout in that he isnt attractive enough? :emoji_thinking:

Kiwi is definitely a superstar just as Duncan was based solely on his on court performance. He's just not a megastar in that MJ, Shaq, Bron, Kobe, Magic frame.

dang it Mamba. Bringing back the superlatives conversation to confuse people :lol:. There's levels to this **** lol. Superstars are bags of reggie these days.

Curry a megastar? hyperstar? infernostar? what's the top?

dang it Mamba. Bringing back the superlatives conversation to confuse people :lol:. There's levels to this **** lol. Superstars are bags of reggie these days.

Curry a megastar? hyperstar? infernostar? what's the top?

He's a megastar.

there's like 3-4 actual superstars are any given time. its a tough thing to quantify. Because you have on court success and then off court success. Not you may have a play that is phenomenal on court but then dry as tortoise coochie off court. Flip side, you can have a guy that is borderline. Really good but not great on court, but hella likeable and magnetic in between games. Then you have the special ones. That ball out and are studs off the court too. it's a tough task to put it all together. If you ball out, then a good PR person can make you likeable to the public.

I think Curry is probably big enough to avoid this but wonder if KD will take some of his shine away like Bron did with Wade.

double

Attachments

• IMG_7562.JPG
    IMG_7562.JPG
    345.7 KB · Views: 20
I legit don't think Steph cares about "who's team it is". He didn't seem salty about Iggy winning a chip. He was perfectly fine letting Durant have the shine this year. Heck, in college he didn't mind when teams forced the ball out his hands and they still demolished opponents. He's about winning. Plus I think KD will make sure he gets one anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom