Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a shame they got you banned from the Lakers thread.

Lulz were had reading this.
They called me names. Not once did I ever insult anyone there, not once did I ever call any one derogatory names yet I got booted because I made the the Laker Thread Fraternity super uncomfortable with my non-conformist views. 
And that's really the messed up thing about it. You got booted for offering a new, refreshing take from the daily shoot-for-the-moon comparisons and weekly circle jerk.

Man I always rocked with Whip in there, he at least wasn't redundant and was entertaining
laugh.gif

Might not always agree with dude but I think I'm the only Laker fan that rocks with him on here
laugh.gif
You were one of the dudes who just rolled with it. I appreciated that man. Truly.

Remember when they always used to call me all kinds of names and I'd keep telling them "I'll make you famous" 
laugh.gif

The problem with the dudes in that thread was that if you disagreed with popular fraternity opinion, they'd go above and beyond to try and rip you to shreds and then go out of their way to report you for not fitting in with the status quo. Like straight up high school **** you dig.

They called me names. Not once did I ever insult anyone there, not once did I ever call any one derogatory names yet I got booted because I made the the Laker Thread Fraternity super uncomfortable with my non-conformist views. 

And that's really the messed up thing about it. You got booted for offering a new, refreshing take from the daily shoot-for-the-moon comparisons and weekly circle jerk.
That's some fake news. He engaged in some taunting and trolling of his own in the Laker thread that led to his ban. You can ask the mods why.

Man I always rocked with Whip in there, he at least wasn't redundant and was entertaining :lol:

Might not always agree with dude but I think I'm the only Laker fan that rocks with him on here :lol:

You were one of the dudes who just rolled with it. I appreciated that man. Truly.

Remember when they always used to call me all kinds of names and I'd keep telling them "I'll make you famous" :lol:

The problem with the dudes in that thread was that if you disagreed with popular fraternity opinion, they'd go above and beyond to try and rip you to shreds and then go out of their way to report you for not fitting in with the status quo. Like straight up high school **** you dig.

While I agree with you there on a lot of fronts, I do get why you got kicked out :lol: NT has it's levels you can take **** too :lol:

Right on
smokin.gif
Salesian smoked us in high school
laugh.gif
, I graduated 08. Always knew about dude since I was like a freshman though, was kind of cool to see him on the Lakers at one point.
Haha that's dope. bay bidness haha

I met Jabari when I was like in 8th grade or something. He was my teammate at Kobe's camp in like 07' at LMU. Spencer Dinwiddie my bro was there too. Mark Jackson's Son was in there too. Hella lit and fun.
pimp.gif

From there it was all love so when he transferred to Missouri I caught them a lot and that's when I got put on to Jordan Clarkson and thought he was going to be a steal in the league for whoever got him lol

There may be some truth to what whiplash is saying. I remember during our 10-10 start, there was a time where I said to myself that Clarkson has gotta better defensively, mainly because the effort was there.

But as the season went on, we started playing trash and he got terrrrrrrible defenisively as well. Not sure if it's fatigue.

It can be fatigue, but like whip said, it can also be a team thing. The team sucked so bad defensively it was easy to point out Clarkson and Russell were terrible defenders, and it was easy to point out that Ingram was a decent or had potential to be a great defender because we were comparing his defense to the other bums on our team.

About DLo, im not even disappointed at all that we traded him. I blame Mitch and Jim for putting us in that situation to get rid of Mosgov contract. I just never saw the potential there with Russell.

I ranked our young Assets as

Ingram
Russell
Randle/Clarkson

That's some fake news. He engaged in some taunting and trolling of his own in the Laker thread that led to his ban. You can ask the mods why.
So criticizing DLo's performance every bad game he had is considered trolling? So posting screenshots of the Trade Machine just like others were doing is considered trolling? Fact of the matter is....the majority of games DLo played, he flat out stunk up the joint. So I called it like I saw it and tore DLo to shreds. But the majority of Laker fans who rode Dlo like Stephen A rides Mayweather couldn't handle the heat and instead said I was trolling. LOL

Not to mention, the times DLo actually had a good game, I went out and said he performed well. Same thing with Randle. But yet I was trolling. 

Last edited:

Man I always rocked with Whip in there, he at least wasn't redundant and was entertaining
laugh.gif

Might not always agree with dude but I think I'm the only Laker fan that rocks with him on here
laugh.gif

Remember when they always used to call me all kinds of names and I'd keep telling them "I'll make you famous" 
laugh.gif

While I agree with you there on a lot of fronts, I do get why you got kicked out
laugh.gif
NT has it's levels you can take **** too
laugh.gif
What ain't right is that I was called derogatory names (literally) by some NT'ers on that thread but they still there to this day chillin in the cut with Hollywood Russell.

I'd like to see anyone here pull up a post I made on that thread where I spoke to someone in a derogatory manner.

So criticizing DLo's performance every bad game he had is considered trolling? So posting screenshots of the Trade Machine just like others were doing is considered trolling? Fact of the matter is....the majority of games DLo played, he flat out stunk up the joint. So I called it like I saw it and tore DLo to shreds. But the majority of Laker fans who rode Dlo like Stephen A rides Mayweather couldn't handle the heat and instead said I was trolling. LOL

Not to mention, the times DLo actually had a good game, I went out and said he performed well. Same thing with Randle. But yet I was trolling. 
I'm not referring to the DLo hate. I was referring to when you started getting personal in convos and would go off topic in derailing any meaningful discussion before you met your demise in the Laker thread. If you were thinking you got banned for your DLo criticism, the two Laker fan mods would have done it months before.

Man I always rocked with Whip in there, he at least wasn't redundant and was entertaining :lol:

Might not always agree with dude but I think I'm the only Laker fan that rocks with him on here :lol:

Remember when they always used to call me all kinds of names and I'd keep telling them "I'll make you famous" :lol:

While I agree with you there on a lot of fronts, I do get why you got kicked out :lol: NT has it's levels you can take **** too :lol:

What ain't right is that I was called derogatory names (literally) by some NT'ers on that thread but they still there to this day chillin in the cut with Hollywood Russell.

I'd like to see anyone here pull up a post I made on that thread where I spoke to someone in a derogatory manner.

I hear you on that, I got ripped the last two days for supporting the Russell trade :lol: Name calling was rampant for anyone on my side but I didn't stress it. Once you're outnumbered on supporters as marginally as you were though, the line gets a little thinner no doubt. But you can get a little personal too man, I've been giving leemelone hell for the way he's handled his wager for you but that Watts shot was a low blow too. Plenty of good folks struggling in situations they can't handle, not saying he's good or broke but you feel me? I don't remember what exactly got you kicked from the Laker thread though either to be fair, I tend to check out during the season for team threads these days outside of a biweekly check in or so. I know eddie is a regular and he's pretty fair so you might've took it there man.

There may be some truth to what whiplash is saying. I remember during our 10-10 start, there was a time where I said to myself that Clarkson has gotta better defensively, mainly because the effort was there.

But as the season went on, we started playing trash and he got terrrrrrrible defenisively as well. Not sure if it's fatigue.

It can be fatigue, but like whip said, it can also be a team thing. The team sucked so bad defensively it was easy to point out Clarkson and Russell were terrible defenders, and it was easy to point out that Ingram was a decent or had potential to be a great defender because we were comparing his defense to the other bums on our team.

About DLo, im not even disappointed at all that we traded him. I blame Mitch and Jim for putting us in that situation to get rid of Mosgov contract. I just never saw the potential there with Russell.

I ranked our young Assets as

Ingram
Russell
Randle/Clarkson
We on the same page bro.

Stars in this league gonna be stars. Elite level players gonna make other players better. Championship level leaders gonna elevate the play of everyone around them. But at the end of the day, it's a team game. 

Ain't no secret as to why James Posey shined with the Heat and the Celtics from '05-'08 as the perfect complementary role player on championship teams but no one ever heard about him from '99-04 or '09-'11 when he played for mediocre ball clubs.

I hear you on that, I got ripped the last two days for supporting the Russell trade
laugh.gif
Name calling was rampant for anyone on my side but I didn't stress it. Once you're outnumbered on supporters as marginally as you were though, the line gets a little thinner no doubt. But you can get a little personal too man, I've been giving leemelone hell for the way he's handled his wager for you but that Watts shot was a low blow too. Plenty of good folks struggling in situations they can't handle, not saying he's good or broke but you feel me? I don't remember what exactly got you kicked from the Laker thread though either to be fair, I tend to check out during the season for team threads these days outside of a biweekly check in or so. I know eddie is a regular and he's pretty fair so you might've took it there man.
Eddie G a good dude. I never had any issue with him because for the most part he is fair like you said, in spite of the fact he disagreed with my viewpoints roughly 100% of the time.

There ain't even a need to mention other dude though. Bet is over, he lost, if he don't pay I ain't trippin. It's only money. But I feel you, maybe I shouldn't given that low blow, but sometimes one low blow deserves another. He should've taken his loss fair and square.

And if LAL drafts Ball tomorrow, I'll be the first one here to say I'm wrong as soon as I get the chance. And if Ball ends up being a star, I will once again be the first to say I underestimated the man and will root for him to lead the team to greatness. 

I try to be a fair man.
WavyCrockett, a Nuggets fan, who slandered DLo all season long, is still not banned from the Laker thread, and its because he kept it basketball talk strictly.

So next time whip, just remember if you get unbanned in the next Laker thread, keep it basketball and you don't risk getting banned.

Clarkson had no vision at all. It would be a horrible situation to have him as a starting PG.
This may be true. I was leaning towards the fact that Clackson look more of a scoring threat while on the floor as pg. 

Y'all still doubting the Lakers Insider aka Whip aka The Thousand Dollar Man?

What else you got for us, Whip?

For several months, they laughed and mocked and insulted me every time I clowned D'Angelo Russell saying he would eventually be traded sooner than later. I coined the nickname Hollywood Russell and D'AngeNo Hustle and they said I was a foo. I put screenshots involving Russell and Randle on the Trade Machine and they told me to take a hike.

So I told them to just wait. He wouldn't last another season. They called me names. Not once did I ever insult anyone there, not once did I ever call any one derogatory names yet I got booted because I made the the Laker Thread Fraternity super uncomfortable with my non-conformist views. Obviously I didn't fit in with the crowd 'cause they were too cool for school - just like D'Angelo. :lol:

And where is Hollywood Russell now? Traded to BKN and hanging out with the frat boys in the Laker thread. Shoutout to the homie @Essential1
Mr. Basketball Reference.com, the king of Analytics, Laker Thread regular, and President/CEO of the DLo Fan Club.

:pimp:

Talk your sht!

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/DuncanSmithNBA[/URL]"]
 @DuncanSmithNBA 42m42 minutes ago

If the Clippers are actually trying to do this, the Pistons should at least seriously consider it (and say yes) http://pistonpowered.com/2017/06/21/detroit-pistons-clippers-trade-deandre-jordan-andre-drummond/ …

Still trying to put together a package for PG
[/quote]

Told yall Dre and DJ were pretty damn similar, minus some semantics, i.e. defense. Yall wanna say how much better DJ is. Clippers saying lets just trade straight up, this for that.

Told yall Dre and DJ were pretty damn similar, minus some semantics, i.e. defense. Yall wanna say how much better DJ is. Clippers saying lets just trade straight up, this for that.
Idk the article pretty much says they're nothing alike which I tend to agree with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom