Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
dudes talking like all of these old free agents aint gon be washed in the next year or two.

36 yr old wade (injury prone)
33-34 yr old bron
33-34 yr old cp3 (injury prone)
33-34 yr old melo

come on man. nobody is scared of that lineup. Bron would STILL have to carry those boys.

Well the old *** 04 Lakers still made it to the finals.

Doc looked for Austin.
Austin played well enough to get paid.
Doc didn't want to trade his son.

I think everyone was correct in some way
When he traded for Austin you could make that argument that Doc looked out for his son.

But that deal that Austin got wasn't because of Doc. That was right in line with what back up guards were getting, and the Clippers weren't the only suitors for Austin.

dudes talking like all of these old free agents aint gon be washed in the next year or two.

33-34 yr old bron
33-34 yr old melo

come on man. nobody is scared of that lineup. Bron would STILL have to carry those boys.

Well the old *** 04 Lakers still made it to the finals.

who besides Karl, Glove and Horace/Fox were old though? Their best players were young. Kobe was 25, Diesel was 31.

Last edited:
They even got Diddies fat legs
Where you at Wavy and Rolaholic ?

Dog....you just made excuses for Phil :lol:.

The damn president of basketball operations was forcing the coach to run his dated offensive system. Imagine RC Buford telling Pop to run the offense thru LMA :lol:.

He hired Kurt Rambis to "run their defense)....Kurt Rambis has the worst winning percentage of all time. He's a notoriously horrible coach....but he's a Laker and one of Phils guys...so he has a job.

Phil hired ***** Derrick Fisher. That's a bad hire no way around it. Idc about "novice coaches". There are plenty of them that are good when they are allowed to....you know, "coach".

Phil's stubborn insistence of using the triangle...and forcing players to play in it severely handicaps the knicks offensive potential...and leads to chaos. There's a reason D Rose said he wanted more P&R. Kristaps isn't even being used to his maximum potential. Team chemistry is bad because the damn GM wants to coach without coaching.

And he alienates his star player from the jump. Phil's dislike of Melo impacted his ability to build or effectively trade for him. Not to mention publicly floating trading away Kristaps. That's just dumb man.

No way you can spin it. Phil **** up in NYC. You gotta be the only person in the world that thinks he did a good job.

Last edited:
mean.gif

Doc looked for Austin.
Austin played well enough to get paid.
Doc didn't want to trade his son.

I think everyone was correct in some way
When he traded for Austin you could make that argument that Doc looked out for his son.

But that deal that Austin got wasn't because of Doc. That was right in line with what back up guards were getting, and the Clippers weren't the only suitors for Austin.
So basically Glen Big Baby aired out Austin for saying he only got paid cause of his daddy and CP3 somewhat saying the same. But yall saying he deserved it while only being a reserve. So let me get this skraight, Austin Rivers is worth more than Lou Will, Patrick Beverly, and Eric Gordon? Idk famb Doc got just what he wanted to coach his son but that ***** damn near about to get fired 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

So basically Glen Big Baby aired out Austin for saying he only got paid cause of his daddy and CP3 somewhat saying the same. But yall saying he deserved it while only being a reserve. So let me get this skraight, Austin Rivers is worth more than Lou Will, Patrick Beverly, and Eric Gordon? Idk famb Doc got just what he wanted to coach his son but that ***** damn near about to get fired 
laugh.gif
Fam all i'm saying is that look at Austin's age and production in the year prior to him getting his deal.

Look at Delly's, look at Jerryd Bayless deals the same season, then look at what they got. He didn't get a crazy nepotism based deal. What he got was right in line with what back up guards were getting, then on top of that he outperfomed that deal this past season.

And Big Baby wasn't saying none of this smoke when he was with LAC, when Doc gave him a job. And honestly, I'm not sure that what Michael Eaves was saying is 100% true. If it is then that's weak but some of those things are hard to believe so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

mean.gif

laugh.gif
Fam all i'm saying is that look at Austin's age and production in the year prior to him getting his deal.

Look at Delly's, look at Jerryd Bayless deals the same season, then look at what they got. He didn't get a crazy nepotism based deal. What he got was right in line with what back up guards were getting, then on top of that he outperfomed that deal this past season.

And Big Baby wasn't saying none of this smoke when he was with LAC, when Doc gave him a job. And honestly, I'm not sure that what Michael Eaves was saying is 100% true. If it is then that's weak but some of those things are hard to believe so I'll leave it at that.
Good points. But to be fair if Austin turns out to be fire at that price tag it's actually a bargain. Guess Doc finally wanted to give his lil ***** the starting PG spot. I just think it's pretty ridiculous to have around $40 mill per year tied up in guards CP3, Jamal, and Rivers where there is a clear hole at the 3 spot for their team. Can't eem be mad at that but I'd be pissed if my team signed him for $35 mill is all im saying. Goodluck Clips

Last edited:

33-34 yr old bron
33-34 yr old melo

Warriors going to wipe the floor with this squad. Maybe they'd have a chance if this were 2010.

So.

Pat Bev/Lou
Austin Rivers/Crawford
Dekker/Luc/?
Blake/Harrell/?
Jordan

:nerd:

YYYYYIIIKKESSS, this team wouldn't even be a playoff team in the east. Offense gonna be nothing but blake backing down people from 19 feet out and clanking mid range jumpers

Someone dig up the corpses of sam cassel and michael olowokandi to help the clips

Last edited:
Dog....you just made excuses for Phil :lol:.

The damn president of basketball operations was forcing the coach to run his dated offensive system. Imagine RC Buford telling Pop to run the offense thru LMA :lol:.

He hired Kurt Rambis to "run their defense)....Kurt Rambis has the worst winning percentage of all time. He's a notoriously horrible coach....but he's a Laker and one of Phils guys...so he has a job.

Phil hired ***** Derrick Fisher. That's a bad hire no way around it. Idc about "novice coaches". There are plenty of them that are good when they are allowed to....you know, "coach".

Phil's stubborn insistence of using the triangle...and forcing players to play in it severely handicaps the knicks offensive potential...and leads to chaos. There's a reason D Rose said he wanted more P&R. Kristaps isn't even being used to his maximum potential. Team chemistry is bad because the damn GM wants to coach without coaching.

And he alienates his star player from the jump. Phil's dislike of Melo impacted his ability to build or effectively trade for him. Not to mention publicly floating trading away Kristaps. That's just dumb man.

No way you can spin it. Phil **** up in NYC. You gotta be the only person in the world that thinks he did a good job.
Several people have repped me over the time I come in here and defend Phil. I'm not the only one. Then again, NY fans would blame they own Mama for the Knicks shortcomings.

Good points. But to be fair if Austin turns out to be fire at that price tag it's actually a bargain. Guess Doc finally wanted to give his lil ***** the starting PG spot. Can't eem be mad at that but I'd be pissed if my team signed him for $35 mill is all im saying. Goodluck Clips
That's the market for back up PGs. He got exactly what back up pgs were getting. He was going to get that bag either from LAC, or from NYK, or from Portland, or somewhere.

And I've read reports and heard with my own ears that Doc rides Austin harder because that's his son. So I mean, i'm not saying Michael Eaves report isn't true, but

1) IMO I don't believe doc is that inept to say no to that trade. Hell nah. If he is then good riddance
laugh.gif
I don't believe that though

and

2) This was way more about Ms to me than Favoritism with the GM and his son.

Several people have repped me over the time I come in here and defend Phil. I'm not the only one. Then again, NY fans would blame they own Mama for the Knicks shortcomings.

So after every thing I laid out....your response was "several people have repped me"

[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Why do I engage :lol:.

So after every thing I laid out....your response was "several people have repped me"

[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

I want to know who is agreeing with him on defending Phil

aint even worth it. This dude trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom