Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They beat the 2 time defending champs, the team that won the next 2 and Russ. KD and Harden.

Who went through more in recent history?

No argument from me it was as an improbable run as one could have seen. As close to cinderella as you can get in the NBA. Dirk got all the respek from me for that one.

Yeah he was great but dudes over hype it when they say "one of the best runs ever". Chill.

It absolutely was one of the best finals runs ever. I mean....he put up

-Godly numbers
-Hit multiple game winners
-Dropped 48 in Ibakas grill
-Went through Brandon Roy, Kobe/Pau, KD/Harden/Westbrook, Bron/Dwade/Bosh

And he did that playing with out of their prime role players.

Exactly.

But hey, let NT do what they do. Have no problem slurping Chris Paul but hate on Dirk.

:lol:

Dirk as a PF > Duncan as a PF

Last edited:
He was number 10 in the 2010 season. He was in the top 15 the year before that. We were discussing his Denver tenure in relation to Paul George 7 of those 9 have been since he became a Knick man. That's what happens when you jump in info the middle of a conversation.

Edit found it:

2008 he was number 10 with Denver
2009 he was 11
2010 he was 10.

That's borderline is it not in the contest of the discussion we were having.

He was top 10 period. The one year he wasn't, he was 11. Also, only 2 of those seasons are in New York genius. He didn't get there until 2011.

Yeah he was great but dudes over hype it when they say "one of the best runs ever". Chill.

-Godly numbers

If it's one of the best it's way at the bottom of that list. Just in the last 15 years Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, KD this year, Wade in 06 all played better while winning the title.

-Godly numbers

If it's one of the best it's way at the bottom of that list. Just in the last 15 years Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, KD this year, Wade in 06 all played better while winning the title.

WADE IN 06

LOL

He was top 10 period. The one year he wasn't, he was 11. Also, only 2 of those seasons are in New York genius. He didn't get there until 2011.

9 appearances in the top 10. 2 in DEN in 7 years. That was the discussion dude. Just drop it seriously.

Its not even fully about the Finals. Dirk swept the defending champs and beat a really good Thunder team. Then demolished the superteam.

The type of playoff run he had was one of the best ever. Dude was dominating every singe player and defense thrown at him.

Except he didn't dominate in the finals. Timely shooting yes, Dominating nah.

KG never in his career pulled off what Dirk did in Game 2 of the 2011 Finals.

Hell even Game 1 or 4 of the WCFs

Ehh Idk if that's fair. I feel like this game gets overlooked. The Game 7 when he had the pump and the uzi and was loading up clips.

They really are completely different players. Just comes down to what playing style you prefer...

Pretty much this.

You talking about the Finals or the entire playoffs? Dirk put up 28/8/3 on 49% shooting and the competition that he went through, it's gotta be #1 or #2.

You talking about the Finals or the entire playoffs? Dirk put up 28/8/3 on 49% shooting and the competition that he went through, it's gotta be #1 or #2.

Entire playoffs.

New it was coming. One of my favorite NT pastimes :pimp:

Duncan played the Majority of his minutes at PF from 97-07. Something like a 60-40 majority [emoji]128526[/emoji].

Wish the numbers from 97-2000 were available to drive home the point further.

-Top5 player of all Time Timmy
-GOAT post Jordan

-Greatest PF ever

[emoji]10024[/emoji]

Let's not go brazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom