Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not even fully about the Finals. Dirk swept the defending champs and beat a really good Thunder team. Then demolished the superteam.

The type of playoff run he had was one of the best ever. Dude was dominating every singe player and defense thrown at him.

Except he didn't dominate in the finals. Timely shooting yes, Dominating nah.

KG never in his career pulled off what Dirk did in Game 2 of the 2011 Finals.

Hell even Game 1 or 4 of the WCFs

People overrate that one Dallas ring cuz they beat the dudes ya'll hate. Kobe and Lebron.

It's like "thank you Dirk we've had to watch Kobe win 5 of 'em and you got in Lebron's way for one year."

:lol:

They really are completely different players. Just comes down to what playing style you prefer...

Dirk took a team that started Desagna Diop and Adrian Griffen to the Finals.

Diop and Dampier bruh
mean.gif
man i was rooting for that mavs team in 06 but the damn refs had to cheat and give dwade and shaq a ring 
mad.gif

dirk should be 2x nba champ but i guess his legacy is still amazing regardless

He's at 4 because he has 9 top 10 finishes not because he's sold the 4th most jerseys. His peak was at 1st for his first full season after becoming a Knick which I also said. His average was outside of the top 5. Again reading comprehension.

[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️ The article is from 2013. In his 10th season 3 players sold top 10 all those years. The NEXT PERSON was Carmelo. You said he was barely top 10. I'm showing you he's BEEN top 10. And you're still not getting it. Give. Up. No matter how you wanted to quantify it, Melo has been a superstar. Period. Next topic.

[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️ The article is from 2013. In his 10th season 3 players sold top 10 all those years. The NEXT PERSON was Carmelo. You said he was barely top 10. I'm showing you he's BEEN top 10. And you're still not getting it. Give. Up. No matter how you wanted to quantify it, Melo has been a superstar. Period. Next topic.

He was number 10 in the 2010 season. He was in the top 15 the year before that. We were discussing his Denver tenure in relation to Paul George 7 of those 9 have been since he became a Knick man. That's what happens when you jump in info the middle of a conversation.

Edit found it:

2008 he was number 10 with Denver
2009 he was 11
2010 he was 10.

That's borderline is it not in the contest of the discussion we were having.

Last edited:
Its not even fully about the Finals. Dirk swept the defending champs and beat a really good Thunder team. Then demolished the superteam.

The type of playoff run he had was one of the best ever. Dude was dominating every singe player and defense thrown at him.

Except he didn't dominate in the finals. Timely shooting yes, Dominating nah.

The man averaged 26 and 10. Jason Terry averaged 18 and 3

Last edited:
Told that man he couldn't guard him for a whole series then went out and outplayed him.

If anyone wants to slander Lebron this should be the first thing brought up.

Dude let Jason Terry take his soul with a ring on the line.

Terry was out of his mind that whole series. I remember he hit like 5 threes in the first quarter of one the games. :x

Last edited:
Dudes still in here low-balling Dirk's teammates to keep up that "Dirk won it by himself" storyline huh?

On below average efficiency. He was timely, clutch or whatever you want to call it but he didn't dominate.

Dominating is what KD did the past finals or what Bron did the year before.

Last edited:
Dudes still in here low-balling Dirk's teammates to keep up that "Dirk won it by himself" storyline huh?

They rode 2 months of hot shooting. They even dusted off Peja for a series. :lol:

Dirk was awesome tho.

Yeah he was great but dudes over hype it when they say "one of the best runs ever". Chill.

They beat the 2 time defending champs(swept), the team that won the next 2 and Russ. KD and Harden. (Backdoor sweep)

Who went through more in recent history?

Last edited:
Yeah he was great but dudes over hype it when they say "one of the best runs ever". Chill.

It absolutely was one of the best finals runs ever. I mean....he put up

-Godly numbers
-Hit multiple game winners
-Dropped 48 in Ibakas grill
-Went through Brandon Roy, Kobe/Pau, KD/Harden/Westbrook, Bron/Dwade/Bosh

And he did that playing with out of their prime role players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom