Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You joking. :lol: They wasn't beating Kobe and nem.

***** were 2 inbounds passes, and a STUPID Kenyon Martin foul away from bouncing Hobe....then inevitably Dwight in '09.

Nuggets was hungry in 2010. Even had Bron Bron crying.

[Video]

LOOK AT HIS FACE at 12:48. Look at eeeeeem!!! That day, he decision was made.....essentially stalling the careers of Melo, Dwight and Deron Williams. Them ****** got so thirsty to follow LeBron and try to form their own "big 3s" in big markets....and it backfired.

**** Kobe too btw.[/Video]
[Video]

Huh? Denver got smacked around in game 6 in Denver. :lol:[/video]

Last edited:
KG would not get to the finals with a past prime Kidd, Terry, Marion, even Josh Howard in 06. I cant even imagine how many rings Dirk would have with Pierce, Ray and Rondo

Probably none given the kind of defense Boston played.

Its really based on your preference. I dont think KG would be able to beat any team in the FInals as the #1 option. Surround him with a past prime Marion, Kidd, Terry. Cant see it happening. That team was tailor made for Dirk though. Plus they beat some crazy good competition that year.

Terry was really underrated in those finals and Dirk was a little overrated in those finals. I have no doubt KG coulda gave the mavs the same production probably even better.

KG has trouble in the clutch in his prime but he was going to do it at 35?

Do we have to compare Dirk and KG? Both have different play styles but were great at what they did as a 2.

I'd rather talk about this than compare jersey sales
True, but I find the whole "who's better overall as a player" to be hard to argue when they both have had an impact on the team(s) they played.

One can say Dirk was a better shooter and scorer than KG though, but can also say KG was better than Dirk at defense and rebounding.

It would also depend on what team you form around them. KG won a championship surrounded with shooters and a crafty PG. Dirk won with a bunch of defensive stalwarts and also an old but crafty PG.

Hard to say imo.

i remember living in Germany and hearing about this 13 year old kid who could play. Ended up being Dirk. Saw some clips and thought he was just a Euro player who would never last. Wrong.

KG would not get to the finals with a past prime Kidd, Terry, Marion, even Josh Howard in 06. I cant even imagine how many rings Dirk would have with Pierce, Ray and Rondo
Probably none.

KG basically gave the team it's identity.

i remember living in Germany and hearing about this 13 year old kid who could play. Ended up being Dirk. Saw some clips and thought he was just a Euro player who would never last. Wrong.

I thought Dirk and Nash would never be **** after their first year in Dallas

Looks at average number (6.3). Hmmm seems in line with what I said about consistently being in the top 5.

And look:

http://www.nba.com/news/jersey_080326.html?rss=true

Look who's on both lists. Those are your superstars.

Kobe, Bron, Wade, AI, Shaq as far as popularity and merits. Others in like TD, KG, Dirk more on merits.

As for that 2013 year that's about as close as he got to superstar level I'll admit but they got bounced in the 2nd rd. As for the finish in voting eh, Joakim was 4th the very next year. Guess he was a superstar too.
Carmelo Anthony was drafted in 2003. From 2003 to 2013 he was fourth overall in NBA jerseys sold.

Using a list that starts in 1998 to counter that claim is super intellectually dishonest. Do better.

Its not even fully about the Finals. Dirk swept the defending champs and beat a really good Thunder team. Then demolished the superteam.

The type of playoff run he had was one of the best ever. Dude was dominating every singe player and defense thrown at him.

KG is definitely the more complete player, but I think Dirk can carry you further as the #1.

Uh KG was the Celtics best player in 2008 when they won the chip.

They woulda had a great offense but Dirk was always soft on defense so probably none. People forget how important Tyson Chandler was to that Mavs team.

Last edited:
Its not even fully about the Finals. Dirk swept the defending champs and beat a really good Thunder team. Then demolished the superteam.

The type of playoff run he had was one of the best ever. Dude was dominating every singe player and defense thrown at him.

Except he didn't dominate in the finals. Timely shooting yes, Dominating nah.

Last edited:
My dude Dirk is about to retire. Play 20 years in the NBA and the best scorer he played with was either Michael Finley or Monta Ellis.

Monta was godly during his stint in Dallas tho. Like Lou Williams with Kobe Bryant's skill set

That 2013-2014 Mavs team is one of my favorites.

When healthy they were the 2nd best team in the West. Hell maybe the NBA because the Spurs destroyed everyone in the league after them :lol:

Carmelo Anthony was drafted in 2003. From 2003 to 2013 he was fourth overall in NBA jerseys sold.
Using a list that starts in 1998 to counter that claim is super intellectually dishonest. Do better.

He's at 4 because he has 9 top 10 finishes not because he's sold the 4th most jerseys. His peak was at 1st for his first full season after becoming a Knick which I also said. His average was outside of the top 5. And I think it says his resurgence is do to being a Knick when the way back initial discussion was about his Denver tenure. Again reading comprehension. Y'all making up arguments with yourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom