Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why it seems like the East teams just sitting back like they don't need to make any major moves to compete with the Cavs

the most exciting thing is how as all the stars are moving around we still waiting on wiggins, kat,jabari,booker,porzingis,embiid,simmons etc.......breakout years....

nba lit 

Nah. Tatum going to be the goods and we'll get a top 5 pick next year because the Lakers are going to be awful in a stacked West.

The ol Buc Em special. Ask him how that worked out the past two years.

What I don't understand is why it seems like the East teams just sitting back like they don't need to make any major moves to compete with the Cavs
Most teams in the East (outside of Boston) don't really have a combination of good talent AND cap space.

If the rumor of the Bulls offering Butler for the Celtics 3rd pick was true and the Celtics turned them down.... that was dumb.... you're not beating the Cavs with a rookie

@KevinOConnorNBA: Three league sources sense the current favorite for Gordon Hayward is Miami. Reasons: better lifestyle, Spoelstra, "feature scoring role."
:nerd:

Dude already has the south beach look :lol:

Last edited:
Where he goofed was in not wanting to look like he gave PG exactly what he wanted. They could have had Clarkson and the two late round picks from the draft and likely a future unprotected first in 2020 if they were really about rebuilding at not such a premium cost, but actually trading PG13 to his preferred destination would have been bad optics. But it's still bad optics now.

Atlanta offered 4 picks for BGH and they turned it down. Seemed like they didn't want him in the East more than not wanting him with the lakers.

to take less money and get swept by lebron in the 2nd round?

yea, makes sense.
He's not really taking less money

He won't sign a 5 year deal (I don't think) which severely limits the financial advantage that Utah has in this Gordon Hayward FA.

4 year deal with an opt out after 3 I'd think. Wants to get back into FA sooner rather than later.

Atlanta offered 4 picks for BGH and they turned it down. Seemed like they didn't want him in the East more than not wanting him with the lakers.

I can bet you 100k they weren't all unprotected picks. Nobody would do that for a rental. And that was before the trade deadline. They weren't even in discussions the past couple weeks. All of the rumored deals that have leaked since the trade to OKC have essentially amounted to the same thing.

Last edited:
Hope Lonzo has a good first season he already a rivalry with ol boy De'Aaron Fox

Last edited:
If the rumor of the Bulls offering Butler for the Celtics 3rd pick was true and the Celtics turned them down.... that was dumb.... you're not beating the Cavs with a rookie

And you're not beating them with a 2 year rental "I'm the man" guy either

Hayward just go to Boston. Makes the most sense.

to take less money and get swept by lebron in the 2nd round?

yea, makes sense.

Boston is a 2/3 seed in the East. So he'll have a better chance at making conference finals or the finals. He isn't even an All-Star anymore if he stays in the West.

He already got swept in the 2nd round this year by the Warriors. That won't change if he stays in Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom