Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about? He said it publicly and completely screwed the Pacers. He literally did the exact opposite of helping them.

Well what they got was better than the nothing they would have gotten next year

They got a decent but nothing special 25 year old and a guy who stunk as a rookie last year, and didn't even get one draft pick. For a guy who's a top 10-15 player. That's a terrible haul.

At a hefty contract no less. Someone gotta break down the Pacers logic here.

At a hefty contract no less. Someone gotta break down the Pacers logic here.

Nuggets deal. They get one player in Harris who's a RFA this summer, Indiana has to match his offer (which should be 15-20 mil as well) otherwise they'd be better off just letting PG walk and keep that cap space. A protected 1st rounder even if it conveys is it that much better than Sabonis who was a lottery pick? It's essentially the same deal. And could be worse if the protections don't even allow Indy to get the pick.

Last edited:
The Pacer organization clearly acted out of spite. The only kind of logic I see with that trade is Oladip played for Indiana when he was in college. So maybe trying to bring a fan favorite back hoping to keep up attendance while they tank.

I get not wanting to trade PG to the Celtics but he they were offering two players and a couple 1sts :x

The Pacer organization clearly acted out of spite. The only kind of logic I see with that trade is Oladip played for Indiana when he was in college. So maybe trying to bring a fan favorite back hoping to keep up attendance while they tank.

Pacers pulled a reverse-Arsenal :lol:

Shipping your best player away from where they could come back to haunt you quick

Last edited:
Paul Millsap has a meeting lined up with the Minnesota Timberwolves today, league sources told Basketball Insiders.

Celtics were offering protected 1sts aka the Pacers wouldn't have gotten them more than likely so hey they stuck with Crowder and Bradley who's about to make 20 mil. Again it's pretty much the same deal.

Celtics were offering protected 1sts aka the Pacers wouldn't have gotten them more than likely so hey they stuck with Crowder and Bradley who's about to make 20 mil. Again it's pretty much the same deal.

Oladipo at $21mil a year for the next 4 years without any picks... yup same deal :lol:

if Hayward goes to the Miami first, I don't see how he leaves without a deal unless Stevens gets down on his knees

I hope Boston at least comes out of this with Hayward...that would be some **** if they didn't even get him nor use a single one of their assets

Where he goofed was in not wanting to look like he gave PG exactly what he wanted. They could have had Clarkson and the two late round picks from the draft and likely a future unprotected first in 2020 if they were really about rebuilding at not such a premium cost, but actually trading PG13 to his preferred destination would have been bad optics. But it's still bad optics now.

If you wanna compete against the Cavs you need a serious inside presence. Hayward aint gonna go from Gobert to horford :lol:

I still think passing on Fultz for 1 protected 1st rounder is going to haunt them for years
Nah. Tatum going to be the goods and we'll get a top 5 pick next year because the Lakers are going to be awful in a stacked West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom