Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free agent Jose Calderon has agreed to a one-year minimum deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league source tells The Vertical.

I don't know how you can look at Boston's offseason so far and see it as anything but an abject failure. The only way for Ainge to salvage this offseason is to sign Gordon Hayward.
I would agree. IT just flew in to the city to be a part of the meeting.

If they sign Hayward, great. Still not beating the Cavs, but they will have gotten better and have plenty of assets to make a move at the trade deadline and even more for next offseason.

If they don't sign him and they passed on Fultz, Tatum better be the second coming of PP.

All this player movement and we're still getting Cavs/Warriors part 4 next year
Exactly
laugh.gif

Our year??
laugh.gif
To set yourself up for the future while also contending now. That option is out of the window.

If you don't sign Hayward, this is an abject disaster. Not only did you not sign or trade for any stars to compete for the East crown, those vaunted top 5 picks you hope to get from the Lakers and Nets are in serious jeopardy. Because by trading Jimmy and PG to the West, you've allowed the Bulls and Pacers to go full tank mode. And if Milsap goes to Denver that's another one as well in the Hawks, the odds of the Nets and Lakers being worse than all of those teams in addition to the Suns, Magic and possibly Knicks if they get rid of Melo allowing you to get another number one pick from Brooklyn and a top 5 from the Lakers are pretty slim. 

And that's not even getting into the free agent conundrum y'all have for next summer if that takes place. 

Last edited:
Our year?? :lol:
To set yourself up for the future while also contending now. That option is out of the window.

If you don't sign Hayward, this is an abject disaster. Not only did you not sign or trade for any stars to compete for the East crown, those vaunted top 5 picks you hope to get from the Lakers and Nets are in serious jeopardy. Because by trading Jimmy and PG to the West, you've allowed the Bulls and Pacers to go full tank mode. And if Milsap goes to Denver that's another one as well in the Hawks, the odds of the Nets and Lakers being worse than all of those teams in addition to the Suns, Magic and possibly Knicks if they get rid of Melo allowing you to get another number one pick from Brooklyn and a top 5 from the Lakers are pretty slim. 

And that's not even getting into the free agent conundrum y'all have for next summer if that takes place. 

To think that for a little while, Danny Ainge had us fooled into thinking he was good at his job.

no way. i told yall he was a fool. hell a few us us told yall the last couple years as he's been stacking the pix that he was gon drop it like its hot. he's not that bright. this was a no brainer. he had all of the cards. and he let his greed turn into absolutely nothing. Zero return on nvestment. He's a fool. As an owner you almost have to fire him. There's no real option for this incompetence. He probably won't get this lucky again with this many picks and assets and he squandered it all away. A week ago he had multiple All-Stars on their way to Bean town. Now...potentially nothing. Nothing fam. Dawg I'm not even a boston fan and i want to hit him with a wet towel. No excuse.

Now that they missed out on both Butler and George, the trade that sent the #1 pick to Philly makes little sense.

this whole defending boston for sitting on their hands because they arent getting past cleveland is ******* stupid

atleast try to do something instead laying down like ******* idiots

if they had added pg or butler and got hayward i like their chances against the cavs

no way. i told yall he was a fool. hell a few us us told yall the last couple years as he's been stacking the pix that he was gon drop it like its hot. he's not that bright. this was a no brainer. he had all of the cards. and he let his greed turn into absolutely nothing. Zero return on nvestment. He's a fool. As an owner you almost have to fire him. There's no real option for this incompetence. He probably won't get this lucky again with this many picks and assets and he squandered it all away. A week ago he had multiple All-Stars on their way to Bean town. Now...potentially nothing. Nothing fam. Dawg I'm not even a boston fan and i want to hit him with a wet towel. No excuse.

I feel the same way, I'm pissed at him too for sitting on his hands and my team is in their division :lol: I wanted to see them be great and put together another legit contender with PG and Hayward being added. Celtics fans will try to spin it by saying they're building for the future while still contending and that Tatum and Jaylen Brown are both future 20 PPG All Stars but you gotta be delusional to not realize they missed out on their chance to be a legitimate contender right now instead of just being a good regular season team with a bunch of assets.

To think that all it took for OKC to land PG was Oladipo and Sabonis, makes Ainge look that much worse.

To think that all it took for OKC to land PG was Oladipo and Sabonis, makes Ainge look that much worse.
They tried to at least "defend" Ainge/Celts a little bit on Rachels Draft show last night.

Made it a point a couple of times to say something along the lines of "I'm hearing the Boston offer was much better but GM's don't/won't trade with him out of Fear of ppl saying they lost the deal and Celts won"

If Miami doesn't land Hayward I think it's time for the organization to change our direction and take the re-build route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom