Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

repped

Don't say that to the youngsters these days.  They think anything past 2010 doesn't exist.

Shaq would have the entire GSW team in foul trouble by the 6 minute mark of the 1st quarter.
shaq would be so tired running up and down, if these 2 teams played a series, GSW in 5. 

holy **** homie is 36???
THat's exactly what I said a few pages ago 
laugh.gif

shaq would be so tired running up and down, if these 2 teams played a series, GSW in 5. 

:lol: Lakers dictate pace not the other way around (just ask the Kings). And that defensive switch that the Cavs couldn't find for the playoffs, the Lakers actually did that season. Went from a middling defensive team to the best in the league by far in the playoffs.

laugh.gif
Lakers dictate pace not the other way around (just ask the Kings). And that defensive switch that the Cavs couldn't find for the playoffs, the Lakers actually did that season. Went from a middling defensive team to the best in the league by far in the playoffs.
I agree with this Mamba.

But the claim that the 2002 Kings' pace and 3 point shooting was anywhere close to the 2017 Warriors was, is idiotic.

laugh.gif
Lakers dictate pace not the other way around (just ask the Kings). And that defensive switch that the Cavs couldn't find for the playoffs, the Lakers actually did that season. Went from a middling defensive team to the best in the league by far in the playoffs.
yeah shaq would score whenever he wants, but the warriors can get open 3 all game, if kobe is guarding steph, who got kd and klay? they would both avg 30

yeah shaq would score whenever he wants, but the warriors can get open 3 all game, if kobe is guarding steph, who got kd and klay? they would both avg 30

Again depends on what rules are being played. I think the likely matchup would be Kobe on Steph, Fish on Klay and Pretty Ricky on KD. Klay ain't averaging 30 he was at 16 on 42% against the Cavs and they don't have any defenders. Kobe put up 29 a game that playoffs with early 2000s rules (35 against Christie, 33 against Bowen). I can't imagine what he'd do in this era. He and Shaq would be at 35 a piece easy. With the way you aren't allowed to play defense now Shaq really would have the whole team in foul trouble within the 1st qtr.

Lakers in 6.

Last edited:
I hate the new school thing of recording your workouts.  I put no weight into those videos.  Bc of instragram, Nick YOung is the hardest working player ever.  D'angelo too.  Also, the worst is when they recording themselves making 10 3's in a row and people go crazy saying damn he's a great shooter.  

I suck a basketball and I once got hot and made like 7 threes in a row in shootaround at 24hr fitness...had everyone thinking I was gonna ball but turns out I was the second coming of Zaza pachulia when the game started.

Russell? I follow him on IG and I've barely ever seen him post anything at the gym. It's usually him making some stupid face in his car, listening to Drake, playing 2K or doing some dumb **** with his friends. I've followed him for like 2-3 years and I can remember maybe two vids of him actually in the gym.

And with Simmons he's busting his *** in the weight room too. I'm sure there's other guys out there in gym when nobody else is til 2-3AM but Simmons got a rep of not being a hard worker during that year at LSU but he's been the opposite since he got drafted. And he reps the hell out of Philly. So he's cool in my book.

Again depends on what rules are being played. I think the likely matchup would be Kobe on Steph, Fish on Klay and Pretty Ricky on KD. Klay ain't averaging 30 he was at 16 on 42% against the Cavs and they don't have any defenders. And again it depends on what rules are being played. Kobe put up 29 a game that playoffs with early 2000s rules. I can't imagine what he'd do in this era. He and Shaq would be at 35 a piece easy.
laugh.gif
 yeah this is only good for debate, even if the warriors won 5 straight, ppl still wont say they can beat 96 bulls and 01 lakers. like steve kerr said, guys in the 50s would destroy everybody lmao

Last edited:
Cavs being 43 million in the luxury tax with their roster is insane. :wow:

Do they even generate a profit? Seems like hustlin backwards to me.

so basically there is Kobe and the rest of the history of the NBA is a bunch of average/overrated players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom