Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing George Hill would be the best move the Lakers have made in a loooong time. I just don't understand how the Lakers two options are signing him or a terrible option signing Rondo and Waiters :lol:

What are they paying those dudes in the Big3?

BIG3 players will each receive $100,000 once they make one of the league’s teams, with additional money available as they advance through the playoffs.

If the Dubs get Crawford
sick.gif

Yeah he looked good. Will be nice if he immediately has an impact. We need shooters BAD. Especially if GH ends up staying in SLC.

Warriors lucky as hell that KD is generous. Takes balls to even approach dude with those numbers.

That 10 mill he's leaving on the table can be recouped ten fold through tech deals. KD knows wassup. Same reason Iggy will never leave.

What do those tech deals have to do with leavings that money on the table.

Dudes bringing this up like it could only be done if he was in the Bay area.

Signing George Hill would be the best move the Lakers have made in a loooong time. I just don't understand how the Lakers two options are signing him or a terrible option signing Rondo and Waiters :lol:

1 year deals, just like Redick was for the Sixers.

adding Danillo and getting rid of Jamal? YES

I don't know about just being relevant. The next 5 years are a wrap. Better to rebuild than be relevant.

If George Hill signs a 1 year deal with the Lakers, he by far the biggest FA loser.

Uh how? He was injured for half the season and the PG market is dried up. He'd get to live in LA for a year, get a nice payday, and be right back on the market for a multi year deal after hopefully a healthy season.

Uh how? He was injured for half the season and the PG market is dried up. He'd get to live in LA for a year, get a nice payday, and be right back on the market for a multi year deal after hopefully a healthy season.

Very true, but when you are a 31 year old pg, you're hoping to get a least a minimum 3 year deal when its your time. He was expecting that. So in basketball terms, he lost. In real life terms, he still won.

No guarantees next season. There's no "auditioning" when you're 31 and a pg. Anything can happen. I hope he does well, even on the Lakers.

Wonder if Hill will regret not taking the extension offer the Jazz were likely offering him before free agency started. They had $16M in cap space.

That 10 mill he's leaving on the table can be recouped ten fold through tech deals. KD knows wassup. Same reason Iggy will never leave.

KD still has the big shoe deal with Nike,

They all know Andre ain't getting anything like that from Nike.

If this was the NFL, then yeah get your money. No signature shoe deals come out all the time in the the NFL.

Very true, but when you are a 31 year old pg, you're hoping to get a least a minimum 3 year deal when its your time. He was expecting that. So in basketball terms, he lost. In real life terms, he still won.

No guarantees next season. There's no "auditioning" when you're 31 and a pg. Anything can happen. I hope he does well, even on the Lakers.

32 isn't a death sentence either. He'll get a multi year deal next summer. Hell he may still get one now via S&T if Hayward stays in Utah.

Which by the way I had one of my weird premonition dreams about, he picked the Celtics.

The point guard market drying up before he signed is exactly why he's the biggest loser of free agency.

Before FA started I guarantee he didn't envision himself signing a 1 year deal. On top of that you could make the case that two inferior PG's got more money than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom