Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe Bryant @kobebryant

The cap rules players have to be "selfless" on To "help" BILLIONAIRE owners R the same cap rules the owners LOCKED US out to put in #think
10:25 PM · Nov 26, 2013

Old tweet from Bean. Others superstars still haven't figured it out

3/60 was never an option though. Minny was offering him a longer term deal but at 14 or 15. 2/28 or 3/45 is what he was looking at (what they ended up giving Taj Gibson). He'll make way more than that after this season.

Who was offering JJ 3/60 though? He probably got offered 3/45 somewhere. Sure it's risky but I would probably do th same.

1/23 then 3/40

That's 4/63

If he signed 3/45 he'd basically be out of the league at the end of the contract. Or he'd get offered like 7mil annually.

You can't just make up these 3/60 numbers to make your argument sound better :lol:

Kobe Bryant @kobebryant

The cap rules players have to be "selfless" on To "help" BILLIONAIRE owners R the same cap rules the owners LOCKED US out to put in #think

Players making sacrifices instead of billionaire owners :smh:

So white Gordon Hayward's trainer just followed The C's ,IT,Horford,Jaylen Brown, and Tatum looks to fishy

Yes, JJ lost big time. He cost himself by being awful at the end of the season. He was looking at a min 3/$60 deal.

Saying he's a loser is a bit harsh. Nobody is saying loser as in loser in everyday life. None of these guys are losers. They play ball for checks,

And you nailed it on the head with the 9 year comment. That's exactly why he needed to get a longer deal. When you've played 5 years, taking a one year deal isn't as risky. But you're a 9 year vet. One year deals should make you panick unless you've made $100m in your career or have huge endorsements.

Both hill and JJ lost and took risks this off season, plain and simple. Only you and his agent would try and spin that as a positive. His agent don't even feel good about a 1 year deal. And next years class is way bigger than this year with the cap being unchanged? Even riskier.

Agreed. For non mega star players, when you hit a certain age, 30-32yo, you should be trying to secure your last long term contact. Anything less is kinda losing out. Yes, the salary cap will go up a few mil next year, but for a shooting league, there wasn't much interest in redick for that price. He'll never be paid 20+ mil a year again.

Who was offering JJ 3/60 though? He probably got offered 3/45 somewhere. Sure it's risky but I would probably do th same.

1/23 then 3/40

That's 4/63

If he signed 3/45 he'd basically be out of the league at the end of the contract. Or he'd get offered like 7mil annually.

You can't just make up these 3/60 numbers to make your argument sound better :lol:

Correct. 3/$60 was what was estimated for JJ. He obviously wasn't worth it so it dropped.

Nobody is saying he passed on that for the one year deal because he wouldn't have. We are just talking about who lost. That's it. If you think JJ thought he would sign a 1 year deal, then well, I don't know what to say to you.

We are just discussing who lost. And yes, redick and hill lost because they did 1 year deals.

Free agent George Hill has reached agreement on a three-year, $57M deal with the Sacramento Kings, league sources tell The Vertical.

Kobe Bryant @kobebryant

Yeah I know it's crazy and gets murky even bringing up "slave mentality" when we're talking millions here, but it really is. Don't leave money on the table, the owners certainly aren't and i'm sure winning means a lot to them too. Especially someone like KD who has all the power right now.

Last edited:
Agreed. For non mega star players, when you hit a certain age, 30-32yo, you should be trying to secure your last long term contact. Anything less is kinda losing out. Yes, the salary cap will go up a few mil next year, but for a shooting league, there wasn't much interest in redick for that price. He'll never be paid 20+ mil a year again.

Why is this so god damn hard to understand?

He got the same deal Teague did. I think Minny should have went with Hill instead of Teague personally.

Good job hill.

But wait, it would have been better had he signed the 1 year $20 mil deal with the lakers, right?

From G Hill's perspective, this is great. Was looking at 18M per going into FA, ended up with 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom