Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

What other cities besides la has the type of trannies that could entice pg to commit long term? Geographical advantage
Atlanta?
I literally typed this and then told myself to chill 
laugh.gif
 I'm proud of you Nick.

I agree you gotta go for him now, without giving up too much. Maybe involve a 3rd team. This is literally the Melo situation all over again.

What? The Melo situation is exactly why you don't make the trade now. Why give up assets for something you're going to get anyway?

Last edited:
What? The Melo situation is exactly why you don't make the trade now. Why give up assets for something you're going to get anyway?

This isn't the same. Lakers wouldn't be gutting the team for PG mainly because he killed his own trade value and any leverage Indy had.

I just don't get it.

Say the Cavs offer Love for PG. That swap would actually open up a couple mill in cap space. Wade opts out this summer, signs a two year deal with them to finish his career. LeBron and PG are walking away from playing with that team and a prime Kyrie to head somewhere else next year?

Kyrie
Wade
PG
LeBron
TT

There's nobody coming close to stopping that team besides the Warriors over the next two years. And no team is coming close to stopping a trio of Bron, PG and Kyrie for a while besides the Warriors.

And if the Celtics were to throw them some picks for PG and he joined a team coming off winning 53 games and the #1 seed in the East and being in the Conference Finals and adding him to it and they go to the Conference Finals again or even possibly upset the Cavs to go to the Finals......you're telling me he loves California, Kobe and the Lakers that much that he would peace out to go play with a rebuilding team that doesn't even currently have enough to offer him a max contract?

This isn't the same. Lakers wouldn't be gutting the team for PG mainly because he killed his own trade value and any leverage Indy had.

Why do they need him this season? You're giving Indiana back leverage by trying to trade with them

Why do they need him this season? You're giving Indiana back leverage by trying to trade with them

To get his bird rights, possibly get rid of one of our bad contracts, and be able to offer him that 5th year.

I just don't get it.

Say the Cavs offer Love for PG. That swap would actually open up a couple mill in cap space. Wade opts out this summer, signs a two year deal with them to finish his career. LeBron and PG are walking away from playing with that team and a prime Kyrie to head somewhere else next year?

Kyrie
Wade
PG
LeBron
TT

There's nobody coming close to stopping that team besides the Warriors over the next two years. And no team is coming close to stopping a trio of Bron, PG and Kyrie for a while besides the Warriors.

And if the Celtics were to throw them some picks for PG and he joined a team coming off winning 53 games and the #1 seed in the East and being in the Conference Finals and adding him to it and they go to the Conference Finals again or even possibly upset the Cavs to go to the Finals......you're telling me he loves California, Kobe and the Lakers that much that he would peace out to go play with a rebuilding team that doesn't even currently have enough to offer him a max contract?

:nerd:

Where are y'all getting this misnomer that Lakers don't have cap space to offer him a max deal next summer? They only have 47 mil in committed salary now + #2 pick (5 mil and JR cap hold around 10 mil) that's 62 mil. The cap is at 108, his deal starts at 30.6 that's plenty of room.

He's not resigning in Boston :lol:

Last edited:
I just don't get it.

Kyrie
Wade
PG
LeBron
TT

Wade starting? dude is washed bro. not saying he still can't play but he's a nice 6th man at this point especially on a team where he doesn't have to pay 35 min a night then MAYBE move him to starting lineup for the playoffs depending on how well he does during the season shooting wise

To get his bird rights, possibly get rid of one of our bad contracts, and be able to offer him that 5th year.

Getting rid of a contract and getting George without trading anything valuable sounds very optimistic to me

To get rid of one of those bad deals

And if they don't trade for George they still have to find a way to move deng or mozzy (or clarkson) to have room for PG next summer

Unless they think about stretching deng and mozzy

Getting rid of a contract and getting George without trading anything valuable sounds very optimistic to me

Value is relative to what leverage the entity who has the best asset wants. PG has killed that for Indy. The #2 pick/D'Lo/Ingram are off the table. They are the most important pieces going forward and thanks to PG they will be there when he comes whether it's via trade or FA. The ball is in the Pacers court to whether they want to lose him for nothing or get something in return. A decent young piece in Clarkson plus picks will likely be the offer.

What if the Sixers offer them Covington and our pick next year? We sign Redick.

Fultz
Redick
PG
Simmons
Embiid

You literally couldn't ask for more talent and better fit in a starting lineup than that, you could compete with anybody in the whole league and none of those guys will be washed by the time you're ready to retire.......and you're telling me this man is walking to go play with Lonzo, Russell and Julius Randle cause he wants to live in LA and play for his favorite childhood team THAT bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom