Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me understand why teams don't want Kevin Love.  I mean he is owed 22 million a year for the next 4 years and I feel like he is still a very good player whose skill set are being hindered by the constraints of the Cavs offense.  

I say this because  Allen Crabbe and Deng make 18 a year.  Danilo Gallanari just signed a deal worth 21.6 million a year.  and Kevin Love is lightyears ahead of those guys.  Hes an all star..a champion..three point threat, great rebounder.

Sometimes perception of players can weigh a player down I guess.

Because Kevin is the epitome of empty stats. Even when he was in Minny, dude was top 10 in overall scoring, but like 30th in 4th quarter scoring. When the going gets tough, he disappears. he's good as a 2nd or 3rd option, but you don't want to have to rely on him in close games.

Yeah, and as it is today is more than fair for a second or third option. I think it also has a lot to do with his defensive deficiencies, he was really exposed during the finals.

Don't feel like backtracking 40 pages, but did Boston already renounce guys and ship dudes how to make room for Hayward?

not yet but they are looking at acquiring Marc Gasol

Hmph, well in that case, I hope they make that trade and kill off Memphis

We can't still think playing alongside Lebron would have done anything for Wiggins.

He already doesn't do anything else but score. He wouldn't have been able to do that freely in Cleveland

I don't know why people keep bringing up Wiggins/Love. Cavs got a proven commodity and won a title the year after the trade. For all we know, Wiggins' ceiling could be Demar Derozen in 3 years, and it's possible Lebron would not have gone back to the Cavs without ensuring that trade.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a player

you know what, the Kid can play. The Celtics are significantly better especially if Brown improves and Tatum plays up to his potential.

Everyone here keeps criticizing Ainge for not making moves, but he just landed a franchise cornerstone without sacrificing any of his assets. I say they are in a great spot. They still have some work to do to be considered real contenders, but who knows, maybe this is enough for things to click, I mean no one expected GS to be serious contenders during their first championship run.

As cliche as it sounds, people are just haters. you've got Knicks, Lakers and Jazz fans in here talking reckless about the Celtics. :lol:

lol that's true. Let's especially not get started with Laker fans. :lol:

Philadelphia 76ers President of Basketball Operations Bryan Colangelo announced today that the team has signed guard-forward Furkan Korkmaz. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Teodosic is obviously not on Chris Paul's level but the Clippers are gonna be good again.

45+ wins if everyone stays healthy

Lonzo Ball family signing on for reality TV
laugh.gif

Yeah Lakers ain't about s**t.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised with the Warriors/Cavs game on Christmas day. 

Because it opens up the door for more progress.

________ fans really mad that Boston fans are happy.

Really a bunch of miserable dudes on here :lol:

Seriously..dudes are crying way too much

Because I guess being excited about your favorite team is a violation according to NT

Nice to see Boston get their man.
They were receiving so much criticism and or rehashed opinions aimed at them.

Not sure what folks expect, but at least they made one move they wanted.

Free agent guard Nick Young has agreed to a one-year, $5.2M deal with the Golden State Warriors, agent Mark Bartelstein tells ESPN.

Swaggy getting a chip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom