Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Rondo signing for NOLA as long as holiday can stay healthy

still not convinced with Gentry as the head coach still think the last guy did a much better job with far less

It may have been a 3/$45 or something like that. He feels he's worth $20 per. Only way I can see him betting on himself to get what he wants next year.
The Rockets didn't have more than the full MLE ($8.4M), which they spent on PJ Tucker's four year-$32M contract.

The Rockets didn't have more than the full MLE ($8.4M), which they spent on PJ Tucker's four year-$32M contract.
Maybe he's talking about 4/32 which is laughable since that's not better than 1/23. I think JJ is just full of **** here.

Read in another forum that JJ was offered 3/50 with the last year being a partial guarantee. The clippers woulda had to agree on a SNT.

Do know how true it is but it sounds feasible.

That jersey link someone posted actually might be very very similar to what Nike will come out with.

Peep the Warriors and Kings jerseys that were recently previewed. Damn near identical.

Read in another forum that JJ was offered 3/50 with the last year being a partial guarantee. The clippers woulda had to agree on a SNT.

Do know how true it is but it sounds feasible.

sounds realistic. I can see why he passed on that though.

Last edited:
The pelicans are essentially a 4 man team, any signing for them would help. I can't think of a more imbalanced team than them. They are who they are with little to no room for growth.

i couldnt be any happier to see Cousins wasting his NBA career on losing teams. At least he's getting paid. Winning is overrated.

Last edited:
The pelicans are essentially a 4 man team, any signing for them would help. I can't think of a more imbalanced team than them. They are who they are with little to no room for growth.

They'll be set once they trade AD to the Celtics and build around two top 5 picks next year and Cousins

this legit sounds way better than them having AD. they should have done this and not sign Holliday. See you in 5 years.

It's legit the only way they'll be able to build a real team. Otherwise they're stuck in salary cap hell and they probably won't even be a playoff team built around two centers and the most overpaid average point guard in the league.

Getting two top 5 picks from the Celtics will allow them to build around possibly Porter and Donic on their rookie deals and Cousins in the prime of his career. It'll open up cap space to put some actual decent players around them too.

I'm not sure I give up two top 5 picks in next years draft plus other players for AD. IT would probably have to be part of that deal, no?

Those two picks are looking sexy right now.

If Davis is gone before next summer (unlikely), Boogie sure as hell isn't sticking around long term.

If you're willing to trade AD then I think ya no question you trade Cousins and go full on rebuild. Don't even waste Cousins time.

It's legit the only way they'll be able to build a real team. Otherwise they're stuck in salary cap hell and they probably won't even be a playoff team built around two centers and the most overpaid average point guard in the league.

Getting two top 5 picks from the Celtics will allow them to build around possibly Porter and Donic on their rookie deals and Cousins in the prime of his career. It'll open up cap space to put some actual decent players around them too.

100% agree plus it will turn the Celtics into overnight contenders. It's a win won for everybody including the league and fans

AD is signed through the '20-'21 season. He'll only be 28 years old at the conclusion of the contract. NO is taking ever single asset and then some from any team trading for him.

AD is signed through the '20-'21 season. He'll only be 28 years old at the conclusion of the contract. NO is taking ever single asset and then some from any team trading for him.
Don't overestimate GMs in today's league. Especially the current one in new Orleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom