Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that you shouldn't judge him based on his pre-LeBron days as that team was straight garbage.

BUT there were signs that shows he is not the best #1 option out there. Dude get's tunnel visioned, plays no defence, questionable leadership attributes and now will be seen as prioritizing being the "man" over winning. Joe Johnson, Bledsoe, Reggie Jackson Melo, Butler and many other players chose this path and a 2nd round exit, while not being close to a contender, was the best they could do.

You could argue that Beard was an exception but actually wanted to stay, the money just didn't work out.

In order for a Kyrie lead team to be somewhat successful, they need to construct a team similar to the 01 Philly team or today's Boston team. Both very hard to do.

The issue with Kyrie has nothing to do with the team before LeBron, like you said.

You can watch him the past couple of seasons when LeBron's on the bench, and see his propensity for going into iso after iso. LeBron is the glue that keeps the ball moving and holds the team together. I'm not sure that Kyrie has the court vision to be "the guy" on a winning team.

As my inaugural post in the new forum, I just want to comment that Rose is currently discussing maybe being offered a $2.1mill vet minimum for 1 year in Cleveland.

And people here said I was a "hater" for saying his talent level is on the league fringes in 2017.

From wanting a Max contract to discussing a Vets min... Life comes at you fast...

The money dried up and it wasn't a big market for PGs anyway.

Considering his past injury history, i understand his value being low. He has a chance to make up for it this season

Lol @ Kyrie leading a team as far as Hairline Hayward and Judas Butler can. Come on man. Yall stay being so extra.

Kyrie is a scorer. That's literally the full depth of his game. No Bron, How will he handle those double teams? Dude is still only 6'2-6'3. Injury prone. In a system by himself, he won't last. And I love kyrie. But come on. Keep it funky.

Last edited:
Lol @ Kyrie leading a team as far as Hairline Harward and Judas Butler can. Come on man. Yall stay being so extra.

Kyrie is a scorer. That's literally the full depth of his game. No Bron, How will he handle those double teams? Dude is still only 6'2-6'3. Injury prone. In a system by himself, he won't last. And I love kyrie. But come on. Keep it funky.

Both those dudes won 41 games last year. Let's be real. The bar is low. And it's the east

As a secondary ball handler he was getting 6 apg. He can pass, he just doesn't choose to. Can't knock him for what he did 3 years ago on a trash roster when he was 22 either. If Myrie stays east, he should be able to make the playoffs

Kyrie is my boy, and I understand if you don't hold pre-LeBron years against him, but honestly what has he shown since then that says he's ready to lead a team anywhere? He's an iso offensive juggernaut that's not good at making plays for others. Sounds like a great complementary player

IT lucked out by landing on the celtics
the way they built that team
and hes 5'6

Free Myrie. That boy is special. 3 level scorer, capable passer. Cavs were a iso heavy team but that's all on Myrie?

Free Myrie

wild overrated. Beautiful handles, elite finishing at the rim, teardrop, midrange pullup, free throw, 3 ball. Scoring savant. Literally NOTHING else.

Yeah he averaged 6 ast as a secondary ball handler for cleveland last year. I'm not looking at his time pre lebron as a valuable indicator because of his age along with his teammates. I mean Luke Walton and CJ Miles and Samardo Samuels were real players for them.

At the end of the day, he's probably better in his role as a 2nd option than a lot of guys are as first options. Him giving you 25/3/6 on 47/40/90 is really good. In fact, forget options, ANYONE that puts up those kinds of numbers is borderline fantastic, especially if he's a 2nd option. Now I get why people say he's overrated, but he's bordering on Underrated for me.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that if you make Kyrie a #1 and pair him with a decent team, that they could finish 6 to 8 in the east. Kyrie is that good of a scorer and a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom