Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't impressed with Zion. Dude has a decent game but he's just physically bigger than these other kids. Need to see him play against some men.
I wasn't either he got the W, however when he plays against like competition what will he do. Everyone in college is good and big.

Zion has skill. He's not ranked as high as he is off pure athleticism. He's really really really freaking good

I saw Zion play in person. His athleticism is as real as it gets. I don't know what he's going to be able to do at the next level or even what position he plays.

He's like 6-5 though.

I try not to get too high on the hoop mixtape highlight thing. I have to legit follow the guy for months on end to form a solid opinion.

Let Hoop Mixtape tell it and Seventh Woods is supposed to be the GOAT.

Watched 3/4 The game Zion has good handles and insane athletic abilities with a huge frame but that's about it can't shoot that well isn't that tall/long isn't that good of a finisher he's just so physically imposing at that level

Lamelo has terrible shot selection but he seems like he's a good finisher projects to be a good shooter too can pass with either hand he just needs to get stronger take better shots and grow a couple inches but he's the goods

What position will Zion play at the next level? Who would you all compare him to? I just can't get a read on the kid

Watched 3/4 The game Zion has good handles and insane athletic abilities with a huge frame but that's about it can't shoot that well isn't that tall/long isn't that good of a finisher he's just so physically imposing at that level

Lamelo has terrible shot selection but he seems like he's a good finisher projects to be a good shooter too can pass with either hand he just needs to get stronger take better shots and grow a couple inches but he's the goods

Pops is the coach. Lamelo will be nice with a real coach to get on him.

If Zion comes grows a bit and continues to improve I could see him being like a Miles Bridges or Larry Johnson type player.

I'm guessing Zion's floor is better than someone like Wiggins. Zion's ceiling...who knows? I love his aggressiveness. I'm just as impressed with his layups as I am with his dunks. He has that next level soft touch with his layups.

I'm not that concerned with his lack of shooting. A lot of nba stars that age don't really have a J that young, and they only acquire it after some time in the NBA...especially when they're really athletic. Like the more athletic you are the longer it takes to develop a J. Of course some athletic ppl may never develop jumpers. Hopefully zion is not one of them. Cuz I'm a fan.

I don't know about Lamelo, again going off of tapes. He might be a good shooter with better shot selection. Not sure about his athleticism translating.
I think he's gonna improve a lot athletically just based of his body because it's like he has never lifted weights. He looks about 6'3-6'4 and is apparently born 2001 he might get to the 6'6-6'7 height since everyone in has family is tall if he grows to that height he's gonna be a real problem

I'm guessing Zion's floor is better than someone like Wiggins. Zion's ceiling...who knows? I love his aggressiveness. I'm just as impressed with his layups as I am with his dunks. He has that next level soft touch with his layups.

You really think he is that good? That would be a super high floor. Is he seen as a surefire college star at this point? (honest questions)

I saw Zion play in person. His athleticism is as real as it gets. I don't know what he's going to be able to do at the next level or even what position he plays.

He's like 6-5 though.

He's only 6'5"? Could have sworn he was like 6'7ish. Gonna have to grow a few inches in order to be an impact player (at the highest level of course).

I'm not that concerned with his lack of shooting. A lot of nba stars that age don't really have a J that young, and they only acquire it after some time in the NBA...especially when they're really athletic. Like the more athletic you are the longer it takes to develop a J. Of course some athletic ppl may never develop jumpers. Hopefully zion is not one of them. Cuz I'm a fan.
his floor if everything goes wrong is a shorter worse passing but more athletic and a better finishing Julius Randle

What position will Zion play at the next level? Who would you all compare him to? I just can't get a read on the kid

From watching the guy he seems more like a point forward than a guard. Going to need to grow a couple inches though. Right now he is just way bigger than his competition so its hard to tell.

Zion is #12? I was expecting a Aaron Gordon looking kid with all this athletic talk.

Not that impressed. He's a big kid. Is he really 6'7"? Looked shorter than that. Looks like a major tweener for the NBA

All these celebrities came out to watch that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom