Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would that be the case after fighting Thurman of all people?

Then taking the Ríos fight :lol:

Errol Spence was in ESPN this morning. Hmm I don't think he would be there if ESPN doesn't benefit in some way. There could be something brewing

I'm fine with this as his retirement/passing of the torch fight. Should be a lot more competitive than a Pac-Bud fight.

^^^

http://www.boxingscene.com/lipinets-trained-with-one-hand-begged-stay-garcia-fight--124377

lipinets-hand.jpg

Lomachenko is heading up to the lightweight division in the near future and the unbeaten boxer's father and head trainer did not want him moving up too high for that fight,

"There had been discussions to fight Lomachenko but the father of Lomachenko didn't want him to jump two weight classes. Lomachenko will fight first at lightweight and then what we're trying to do is have Manny fight a keep-busy fight and then fight Lomachenko in the fall," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

Cuz of all the leeches hes surrounded by. Dudes too naive/stupid to change any of that.

But he still made multiple millions throughout his career. Can't call a man who had nothing in the beginning and ended up successful financially; stupid. Besides, I'm sure you'd want to be one of his leeches. :lol:

why is manny pacquiao still boxing?

Same reason Shane Moseley, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Zab Judah, Antonio Margarito, Paulie Malignaggi all still fight. Because they make good money doing it. Pretty sure , Klitschko, Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather have a bit of an urge on the back of their ears on wanting to fight again.

Errol Spence was in ESPN this morning. Hmm I don't think he would be there if ESPN doesn't benefit in some way. There could be something brewing

That’s a game changer if that came to fruition.

It’s ridiculous that Spence only fought once last year. These Haymon guys need to be willing to jump ship...

why is manny pacquiao still boxing?

Same reason Shane Moseley, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Zab Judah, Antonio Margarito, Paulie Malignaggi all still fight. Because they make good money doing it. Pretty sure , Klitschko, Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather have a bit of an urge on the back of their ears on wanting to fight again.

Yup. Plus, I think the concept that the only reason boxers are in the prizefighting business is to fight for titles or be the absolute best is a bit of a romanticized idea. There's hundreds if not thousands of full-time fighters in this world, and only some are good enough to realistically compete for real titles. For the rest, it's a job and hopefully one they're passionate about. If you don't want to quit ur job, and u still can get paid good money for doing something you love why would u quit? For Pacquiao, yea there's nothing left to prove and he'd admit himself he's not near the highest level anymore, but if he enjoys it and can still put on entertaining fights, it makes sense to keep going as long as u dont get in the ring with a killer in his prime (ex. Crawford)

If that something I loved could get me permanent brain damage yes, yes I would quit, dude isn't playing golf, I'd hope he isn't doing it still because he's broke.

I've never been a fan of dude, but I hate seeing dudes get taken advantage of in boxing.

You gotta also think about the fact that boxing has probably been their life since they were a kid. They gotta find something else to keep them occupied and more than likely whatever they choose ain't paying the same and doesn't come with the same adrenaline rush, fan love, etc.

Some dudes you know it's mainly about the bread but other guys like rjj, hopkins, possibly pac, you get the idea that they're just addicted to fighting and all the things that come with it.

But he still made multiple millions throughout his career. Can't call a man who had nothing in the beginning and ended up successful financially; stupid. Besides, I'm sure you'd want to be one of his leeches. :lol:

You cant tell me all those cats in his entourage were down with him since day 1. Not everyone with money is smart.

And nah im the last person to be anyones groupie, i work for my ****.

Back
Top Bottom