Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welterweights are all loud mouths avoiding each other.
Crappy promotores/managers/advisors/crooks like haymon ruining the sport

Reactions: OTG
I'm geeked for DSG/Porter tomorrow and then Week 1 games Sunday :evil::evil::evil:

I'm riding with DSG Split Decision, would love to see him by stoppage tho

Last edited:
I don’t hate the Charlo’s but them dudes seem like they’re on 100 literally every second of the day :smh:. Just watching them do all that screaming is tiring.

Hopefully Hurd does his thing tho. Until the day that his (lack) of defense eventually catches up to him, dude is must see TV

I saw that jacket at Forever 21
00278206-01.jpg

All these haymon fighters are loyal to a dude who does nothing but keep them inactive during their prime years lol

Some of them like it tho, I’m pretty sure Danny has said that he’s happy to be a two fight a year guy.

If the point is to make the most money as possible, I don’t get not trying to optimize your athletic prime to it’s fullest extent, but it’s these guys careers.

Yeah some guys love it.

Gary Russell apparently doesn’t give a **** about getting in the ring more often, although apparently even his pops wants him to fight more often. Trying to limit his damage and invest his money he says.

I’m not gonna tell a dude who makes his living getting punched in the face and risking CTE that he needs to do it more. If he’s happy then good for him.

Being a boxer is insane physically what they have to do just to make weight and absorb them blows

I’m not gonna tell a dude who makes his living getting punched in the face and risking CTE that he needs to do it more. If he’s happy then good for him.

This. If he makes good money and manages it well while taking less punishment, why not?

Honest question for the thread

Would being active and retiring early (late 20's) or being relatively inactive and fighting until you're in your mid thirties be the better play? I'd go with the former, but i'm interested in hearing the reasoning for the latter.

Your reflexes are sharper and it's easier to recover physically when your young, and there's also the added benefit not needing these 10-12 week camps to get ready since your not blowing up in weight, and there's no rust to shake off.

Would being active and retiring early (late 20's) or being relatively inactive and fighting until you're in your mid thirties be the better play? I'd go with the former, but i'm interested in hearing the reasoning for the latter.

Your reflexes are sharper and it's easier to recover physically when your young, and there's also the added benefit not needing these 10-12 week camps to get ready since your not blowing up in weight, and there's no rust to shake off.
Most good black boxers don’t really see huge $$$ until they hit 30 perfect example is Floyd..

So they kinda have no choice to fight until
Mid 30s, Hispanic boxers like Chavez JR could have retired years ago and been set for life at the end of the day all they care about is the money...

Most boxers hit their PRIME PRIME early to mid 30s. Your always learning when your boxing. Yea you can probably recover easier in your earlier years but most elite guys aren’t killing themselves to begin with. It’s not like UFC where most of their champions need to work day jobs. Boxing is as much mental as it is physical. I’m only referring to the highest level.

Most good black boxers don’t really see huge $$$ until they hit 30 perfect example is Floyd..

So they kinda have no choice to fight until
Mid 30s, Hispanic boxers like Chavez JR could have retired years ago and been set for life at the end of the day all they care about is the money...

Today, which speaks to the problems in the way these guys are developed and promoted now.

Foreman retired the first time at 28 and already had a HOF worthy career, SRL's fight against Hagler was when he was 31, and could have and probably should have retired that night. Hagler wasn't much older that night at 32, and that actually was his last fight.

Hitman Hearns lost to Barkley the first time when he was 29, and that should have been his last fight realistically.

Back
Top Bottom