Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless GGG takes a dive, I could potentially see him with a stoppage. Idk, just judging off training camps and open workouts, Canelo looks slower and more lethargic this go around. Meanwhile, Golovkin looks sharper with his punches and very strong. I think Golovkin gets it done inside 12. Dont forget, Canelo is on a year layoff as well, that'll be interesting to see how quickly he gets going in the fight.

I could easily see him getting robbed in two weeks if the fight goes the distance but GGG's been way too emotional to think he'd take a dive. No one is that good of an actor.

I’m actually looking forward to Porter Garcia more than this rematch.

It should be fun, but there are no real stakes in that fight. One is going to go on and be food for Spence most likely, and the other is relegated to gate keeper status.

It should be fun, but there are no real stakes in that fight. One is going to go on and be food for Spence most likely, and the other is relegated to gate keeper status.

It's a fresh matchup, it should be fun, I have no idea who's gonna win, and somebody might get stopped. And the fact that one of these guys goes on to a unification bout with Spence while the other basically becomes gatekeeper status is pretty important too. I wouldn't say there's no stakes.

On the flipside, unless Canelo really was on roids, I don't know if GGG vs Canelo 2 ends up much different than the last match. And I don't think anybody is getting stopped. I think Canelo probably scrapes a decision by being just a little busier than the last time and Oscar having the judges in his pocket, which I'm not really that hype for tbh. It'll still be good, I'll watch, but I feel like I already know how it's gonna go down. But who knows, maybe it's a whole different fight this time

Winner of Garcia and Porter will probably try to get a Thurman rematch first before fighting Spence

Thurman wants a couple tuneups before he comes back, and Al doesn’t seem like he wants to budge on what he wants to give him for those fights.

Rematches with either of those guys aren’t happening anytime soon.

Kenny keeps mentioning that Shawn beat Usyk and Jacobs in the Amateurs, does anyone know how that happened?

Porter fought at 160 as an amateur. I’ve heard of him fighting Jacobs before but not Usyk.

Maybe Usyk had a big growth spurt as a teen?

E6B3ED31-A9C4-4C33-9C8A-EB48A3DBEFE4.jpeg
New pair to bust up

If Danny can keep his distance I can definitely see him outboxing Shawn. Career defining fight for both.

I know we’ve talked about this before but the whole welterweight division is full of clown. Enough talk, it’s tike we see some action. I don’t want to see the winner of these two fight Thurman again. Keith really disappointed me. Matter of fact I ain’t trying to see “Part time” again unless it’s against Spence or Crawford.

If Danny can keep his distance I can definitely see him outboxing Shawn. Career defining fight for both.

I know we’ve talked about this before but the whole welterweight division is full of clown. Enough talk, it’s tike we see some action. I don’t want to see the winner of these two fight Thurman again. Keith really disappointed me. Matter of fact I ain’t trying to see “Part time” again unless it’s against Spence or Crawford.
The talent pool in the welterweight division has been overrated for the last couple years anyway. I even thought the Cruiserweight matchups in the WBSS that completed were just as if not more intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom