OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently this is targeting, too ....

upload_2017-9-23_22-15-26.png

Apparently this is targeting, too ....

by rule it is.

"No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder."

Wait that FSU was called targeting???? How??????

Because we're terrible. Lol

According to the announcers, the player was defenseless in a throwing motion or something like that lol. I'll have to look it up and find the commentary because I was perplexed at the time, too. If I recall correctly, the officials didn't even throw a flag, came from upstairs and they Zebras couldn't access the yardage, but the ejection still stood. BLUF, beats the hell out of me, man. Dude wasn't even the QB either. It was a trick play.

I'm all for player's safety, but it's getting really dumb this season.

Last edited:
man, we should be winning by 14. been controlling the whole game but 2 big plays got us ****** up.

by rule it is.

"No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder."

I vaguely recall them reciting that, but regardless, still lame. I wish they called down from the booth more often when guys are trying to rip someone's head off by their face mask or if they see a dirty play. The spirit of the rule is starting to affect the game in a really bad way IMO. If you're deliberately head hunting, trying to injury a player or they're a habitual offender, by all means, have them sit out a game. Otherwise, assess the 15 yards and keep it moving.

Because we're terrible. Lol

According to the announcers, the player was defenseless in a throwing motion or something like that lol. I'll have to look it up and find the commentary because I was perplexed at the time, too. If I recall correctly, the officials didn't even throw a flag, came from upstairs and they Zebras couldn't access the yardage, but the ejection still stood. BLUF, beats the hell out of me, man. Dude wasn't even the QB either. It was ok a trick play.

I'm all for player's safety, but it's getting really dumb this season.

Say what you want, but Trump wasnt wrong on that one

He was talkin bout football in Alabama the other day and said

20170924_013437.jpg

Thanks for the context. Only thing I've heard about Trump was the whole kneeling for the National Anthem and rescinding the invitation to the GSWs to the White House.

Btw, anyone else's CFB season over like mine? Lol

And now that we're 4 weeks in, who y'all have in the NCG? 'Bama and Clemson for the third year in a row? Haha

I vaguely recall them reciting that, but regardless, still lame. I wish they called down from the booth more often when guys are trying to rip someone's head off by their face mask or if they see a dirty play. The spirit of the rule is starting to affect the game in a really bad way IMO. If you're deliberately head hunting, trying to injury a player or they're a habitual offender, by all means, have them sit out a game. Otherwise, assess the 15 yards and keep it moving.

yeah, I agree it's lame.

Back
Top Bottom