OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like I said before the season. He's overrated as hell. Sorry Ike.

Rosen is better now and will be better at the next level.

Last edited:
Like I said before the season. He's overrated as hell. Sorry Ike.

Rosen is better now and will be better at the next level.

Since Sam Darnold took over as starting QB, USC hasn’t trailed at halftime. Not once. USC IS 13-1 in that span, winning the last 13.

He’s not overrated.

Rosen may throw the better deep ball right now but he’s not better than Darnold. Maybe at anything really. He’s still my dude though.

Since Sam Darnold took over as starting QB, USC hasn’t trailed at halftime. Not once. USC IS 13-1 in that span, winning the last 13.

He’s not overrated.

Rosen may throw the better deep ball right now but he’s not better than Darnold. Maybe at anything really. He’s still my dude though.

USC has better overall talent than UCLA. Rosen has the same completion percentage, more yards, TDs and far less INTs. Overrated in what he was built up as before the season and the surefire #1 pick. He's made a lot of bad reads and decisions this season.

USC has better overall talent than UCLA. Rosen has the same completion percentage, more yards, TDs and far less INTs. Overrated in what he was built up as before the season and the surefire #1 pick. He's made a lot of bad reads and decisions this season.

UCLA’s last 4 recruiting classes were ranked 18th, 12th, 13th and 20th. The talent argument is weak. UCLA is stacked.

In his first 13 starts Rosen threw for 3669 yds, 23 TDs, 11 ints, and a QBR of 134.3 while completing 60% of his passes.

In his first 14 starts Darnold has thrown for 4,311 yards, 40 TDs, 16 ints, and a QBR of 157.4 on 67.2% passing.

They’re not the same.

UCLA’s last 4 recruiting classes were ranked 18th, 12th, 13th and 20th. The talent argument is weak. UCLA is stacked.

In his first 13 starts Rosen threw for 3669 yds, 23 TDs, 11 ints, and a QBR of 134.3 and completed 60% of his passes.

In his first 14 starts Darnold has thrown for 4,311 yards, 40 TDs, 16 ints, and a QBR of 157.4 on 67.2% passing.

They’re not the same.

What's USC's recruiting rankings been in that same time period?

I'm talking about their performances this season? Rosen has been a better QB that's indisputable.

Given the hype Sam had coming into this season he's been looking funny in the light... hence being overrated. Almost positive he'll continue the succession of overrated and overhyped USC QBs when it comes to the next level.

Last edited:
Rosen has been indisputably better?

The 4th quarter of the UW game last year and the end of the Texas game this year compared to Rosen’s play at the end of every 4th quarter (aside from TAMU should be all you need to see to compare the two.)

In the streak SC has beaten UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Texas and Penn State (and WMU if you wanna throw that in.)

During the same span of time UCLA has lost to the last 5 or 6 ranked teams they played. Go look at Rosen’s stats in those games.

This argument is silly though. If your team is down a score and needs to go 80 yards to win who would you rather have?

I already said USC has better talent. And I found the composite rankings for their recruiting classes 10, 4, 10, 2. Their margin for error is bigger than UCLA is with Rosen which is why Sam can be at 9 TDs and 7 INTs so far this season and still be undefeated and Rosen can be at 16 TDs and 4 INTs and they be 2-2.

Sam actually outchea looking like Josh in his freshman year with his decision making.

That recruiting argument is dumb considering USC’s best WR is essentially a walk on and Sam himself was basically an after thought.

You quoting those stats let’s me know you don’t watch UCLA (or SC for that matter) games.

Sam could be at 10 Picks already because of his decision making but he could also be at 3 picks total considering 4 of his interceptions were off tipped or dropped balls.

Likewise Rosen could also be at 10 picks based on some of the ****** decisions he’s made and gotten away with.

This convo is silly though. You’re talking just to talk. I’m gonna stop taking the bait.

Last edited:
Shout out to whoever said GA was go do work vs State. :rolleyes:rolleyes
I don't even really care about the bet. I just wanted to prove a point. The only reason MSU was ranked so high and so hyped was because they beat a bad LSU team last week. Our defense is elite and getting Malcolm Parrish (our top corner) back from injury only improves things. Our offense looked good, I was skeptical of Jake Fromm hype from Spring but I'm beginning to see it. His 3 incompletions were 2 drops and a throw away. It'll be interesting to see how he responds to his first SEC road game next week @ Tennessee.

Under Mark Richt, this is the game that UGA loses (referring to next week's game against Tennessee), once UGA has expectations and the media gets behind them, they always started playing poorly. Mark Richt was a great coach (and an ever better person) for us but he was fired for 2 major reasons IMO:

1. We always laid an egg against a clearly inferior team (Kentucky, Vandy, etc.) every year
2. We looked unprepared in big games. I know we can't expect to win every game, there are teams that are just better and more talented than us, but sometimes we looked lost in big games against Bama, Florida, LSU.

what was this cat even expecting :lol:

DKdXfB1XoAA4cAI.jpg:large

Previous
Next

Rosen will be better than Darnold at the next level. I know he is right now too, but its unfair to compare because Darnold is playing lights out since he stepped in.

The whole talent argument is ridiculous because Darnold is playing with MUCH better talent. Thats not even a question. WR's and RB;s are far ahead better than what UCLA has. Hell, USC has two starters at WR and RB who would start at UCLA. Who's running the ball for UCLA? Sosa Jamabo? Come on. We wouldn't be talking about Darnold much if he were the QB at UCLA. He'd be looking at playing his senior year next year at UCLA, not entering the draft as the #1 prospect.

And lets not forget the offensive lines both players have. UCLA's is HOT GARBAGE. Rosen only wishes he could have half of USC's line.

Rosen single handedly carrying the Bruins. He has to make stupid throws. Its the only way they stay in any game. What are they going to do, run the ball? USC's talking about being a run first team. Why is that? Because they can run the hell out of the ball. Us fans even admit its a running team.

I wouldn't even think about Darnold with a top 10 pick.

Reactions: MVP
Again the recruiting argument is stupid because I’m pretty sure Jamabo was ranked higher than RJ3 coming out of the same league. Texas and UCLA didn’t even want Ronald.

And Deontay was a 3 star blue shirt.

Darnold was ranked below Rosen too. UCLAs defense is full of players that would start on USC. Caleb Wilson, Rosen’s best target WAS getting run at USC and would be starting today. Theo Howard would be the #4 or 5 guy on our depth chart.

Have SC’s players developed better? Yes. But to say UCLA is MUCH less talented is arguing the results. All you’re doing is pointing out that UCLA’s coaching is garbage. They’ve had the averaged 15th best class over the past 4 years and haven’t beaten a ranked team in how many years?

And arguing Rosen is better than Darnold today is asinine. Rosen loses and Darnold doesn’t against even better competition. Say what you will but with absolutely stacked teams with players like Myles Jack, Rosen still manages to lose games he shouldn’t.

Anyways you still haven’t told me what you’ve seen from Rosen that tells you he’s better than Darnold’s right now. Sam’s rose bowl tape alone >>> Rosen’s entire career so far.

ok, so the coaching argument is being used. That still means he has less talent because they haven't been coached up, no? With better coaching, they would be better? Ok, but thats not happening. So the end result it he has inferior talent. Saying Theo Howard would be #4 or #5 on the depth chart pretty much sums it all. And i think you're being generous with that, to prove your point. He's UCLA's #4 guy. UCLA is averaging 45 points per game but he can't get more than 4 receptions and 50 yards a game? But he might be #4 on USC's depth chart? Which means he's practically next man starting if someone gets hurt? Come on, you don't believe that. Now Darren Andrews, that kid is a baller. Had you said that about him and i would have agreed.

And yes, Soso was a top recruit, but he hasn't even come close to panning out. Schools never whiff? But if he had a good coaching staff, we'd be putting him alongside Ronald and Carr? Of course not. Why? Because he isn't as good.

Back
Top Bottom