OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to imagine. I'm hearing two families of current USC players on the hoops team received benefits.

mcnulty.gif

But they’re saying for SC it’s two players who haven’t played at all while ineligible. SC basketball may self sanction. Sucks in a year they’re projected to be a top 10 team.

I root for Duke BB though and they don’t cheat

But they’re saying for SC it’s two players who haven’t played at all while ineligible. SC basketball may self sanction. Sucks in a year they’re projected to be a top 10 team.

Except for Maggette, Duhon, and Lance Thomas :lol:

Rumor Is MG3's name popped up in relation to that case :nerd:

Do you root for any local teams outside of the Jets :lol:?

i'm hearing it was Melton and an incoming freshmen, which, if i had to guess, was the O'Bannon kid. I'm posting up in the college b-ball thread. Dis gonna be good, even if my program goes down. We have a 30 for 30 coming on this subject.

Except for Maggette, Duhon, and Lance Thomas :lol:

Rumor Is MG3's name popped up in relation to that case :nerd:

Do you root for any local teams outside of the Jets :lol:?

Die hard rooting interests are the Knicks first and foremost, but I hate them, and the Jets. My college teams are completely based on schools older family went to and put me on to (or I attended.)

I didn't move to the US til I was 9 so "local" is relative. I was a soccer fan before everything (United.)

At least we know Ohio states bum *** bball program isn't involved with this :lol:

Could've been decent if they were

As long as your not compromising the health and safety of the athletes, and the rest of the student body and community, the W's are all that really matters. You don't get extra points for being clean, and assuming you actually get caught, vacated W's is a meaningless punishment. We know who won the games, and we know how these sports operate by and large.

I appreciate what JB's done for the program but Fisher >.

I want Michigan to have "clean" programs in the sense of not covering up serious crimes , and making sure these guys at least leave the school with a decent education. I couldn't care less about everything else.

As long as your not compromising the health and safety of the athletes, and the rest of the student body and community, the W's are all that really matters. You don't get extra points for being clean, and assuming you actually get caught, vacated W's is a meaningless punishment. We know who won the games, and we know how these sports operate by and large.

I want Michigan to have "clean" programs in the sense of not covering up serious crimes , and making sure these guys at least leave the school with a decent education. I couldn't care less about everything else.

Fab Five were quintessential '90s. Miss those days, crooked or not.

On the same note, this NCAA bball FBI saga is playing out like a soap opera.

ZmL17.gif

How much are legitimate agents and shoe guys actually involved in the recruiting process though? The 7 on 7 circuit is the only thing remotely resembles the AAU circuit in basketball, and because of the nature of the sport, an agent going after a kid as HS senior is much more of a risk.

I'm sure the agent thing has happened with some elite kids, but I doubt it's anywhere as widespread as what is happening in CBB.

How much are legitimate agents and shoe guys actually involved in the recruiting process though? The 7 on 7 circuit is the only thing remotely resembles the AAU circuit in basketball, and because of the nature of the sport, an agent going after a kid as HS senior is much more of a risk.

I'm sure the agent thing has happened with some elite kids, but I doubt it's anywhere as widespread as what is happening in CBB.
v4sjzanardpsunxa7vbx.jpg

Good question for Sony Vaccaro. Been around for a while. I believe there's a documentary on it on Netflix, too, regarding sneaker companies and college athletics.

As Bomani said, the only issue I take with it all is the coaches, who in exchange for kick backs, are setting kids up with money handlers who may not have their best fiduciary interests at heart and may even be seeking to exploit them.

As Bomani said, the only issue I take with it all is the coaches, who in exchange for kick backs, are setting kids up with money handlers who may not have their best fiduciary interests at heart and may even be seeking to exploit them.

The whole system of men's basketball and football are massive exploitations. There is no doubt they are seeking to exploit them.

Back
Top Bottom