OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So this years team was young and lost 4 games... Fine... What about last year with a team that sent the most players to the NFL and still lost 3 games??? Just a little tired of his act and the on field production isn't anything to write home about... Best option this team has but he hasn't won a damn thing in 3 years here... Beat Wiscy with Hornibrook starting his first road game as a Frosh and beat a PSU team that was killed with injuries... I don't throw in the towel with this team because it is the team I follow closer than anything else but he has major flaws with his staff and his in game adjustments (or lack thereof) and I don't see him changing anything... Not in his nature... And if you listen to guys like Kovacs who said the GA's and analysts watch the film and the coaches don't listen to what tendencies are shown in film study( said it with a laugh but still said they don't listen)... Or when JOK says the team let their foot off the gas... That tells me the team has zero dog is them which is apparent when you watch them.

Last edited:
So this years team was young and lost 4 games... Fine... What about last year with a team that sent the most players to the NFL and still lost 3 games??? Just a little tired of his act and the on field production isn't anything to write home about... Best option this team has but he hasn't won a damn thing in 3 years here... Beat Wiscy with Hornibrook starting his first road game as a Frosh and beat a PSU team that was killed with injuries... I don't throw in the towel with this team because it is the team I follow closer than anything else but he has major flaws with his staff and his in game adjustments (or lack thereof) and I don't see him changing anything... Not in his nature.

Dang man you give up easily. Offensive changes are coming after the bowl game,

My hot take, I actually like Schiano to Tennessee. Wonder what his OC and offensive staff looks like though.

Schiano worked at Rutgers so it’s prob not a sure thing that he’ll stink @ Tenn.

At least you can be assured that the defense will be competent

So this years team was young and lost 4 games... Fine... What about last year with a team that sent the most players to the NFL and still lost 3 games??? Just a little tired of his act and the on field production isn't anything to write home about... Best option this team has but he hasn't won a damn thing in 3 years here... Beat Wiscy with Hornibrook starting his first road game as a Frosh and beat a PSU team that was killed with injuries... I don't throw in the towel with this team because it is the team I follow closer than anything else but he has major flaws with his staff and his in game adjustments (or lack thereof) and I don't see him changing anything... Not in his nature.

That team still had major deficiencies at QB and on the OL that was going to keep it from ever seriously contending for a NC. And despite that they still were an OT L in Cbus away from probably going to the playoff.

I don't think a resurrected Bill Walsh could have gotten much more out of JOK or Speight. Whether he's lost his touch in developing QB's or not should be judged with Peters, McCaffrey, and the two kids in this class. OL wise, it's not a position you normally see young guys excel at for a reason. They did get better as the season went on on the ground, but pass pro is going to take time and hopefully an infusion of talent.

They have a roster now of a bunch of solid G/C types, but no real OT's. Part of that is the previous staffs fault, but this staff did drop the ball with not having a reliable back up plan in place for Devery Hamilton's decommitment, knowing that kid was gone as soon as he got into Stanford.

I mean he won’t run him 30 times a game so that’ll be a nice change. I would love to see Martell in our offense TBH but not sure how he stacks up next to Haskins passing wise

Schiano worked at Rutgers so it’s prob not a sure thing that he’ll stink @ Tenn.

At least you can be assured that the defense will be competent

He worked at Rutgers? How ? In the big least?
What did he win?
He had some 9 win seasons ... and?
Please let me hear the good...

Dan is a good coach that'll probably get us to Atlanta like Mac before him and proceed to get washed. Oh well at least the O will be watchable now.

If Schiano is smart he takes Larry Johnson with him and makes him his DC, even if it's in name only. Tom Bradley and that old *** C3 D is no bueno.

My condolences, Gunna.

Funny thing, is I replied to Simmons with the schiano stink job he did at Rutgers. Everyone is/was fooled by a couple seasons and one perfect storm season where they won 11 games and were ranked top ten mid season (and then subsequently lost to cinci)

Schiano... :smh:

If A&M can’t lure Jimbo like they think they can, this ****’s gonna get real funny. :lol:

And why do you like it? Expound...
Bc he left your rival school? What as a head coach makes you say “good hire”?
He brought a program out of complete irrelevance to the national stage. Rutgers is an awful program and it went back down to the dumpster after he left. He's a really good defensive coach and recruits seem to like him as well. Definitely seems to be able to motivate his guys and get them to play hard for him.

I think that Rutgers win % is a little misleading too given how bad things were when he first got there.

Who did you want them to get? Mullen or Taggart? Maybe they didn't think Brohm was ready?

Back
Top Bottom