OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TBH the game should have never been as close as it was today. I thought they did a good job getting open looks for JOK, but he just couldn't hit any them. The OL held up decently as well considering they were playing against a DL full of future pros.

Rivalry wise, last years game was really the only so far during his tenure he SHOULD have won, but even that came down to the wire in OT. They were competitive with a guy under center who makes Reggie Ball look competent. I can't really be mad at that.

Bowls are usually meaningless, but I'd like to see what Peters looks like with a couple bowl practices with the ones against what should be at least competent team before I make an opinion on next years squad.

If there's one thing this staff deserves to be criticized for, it's for the handling of Peters. Aloof or not, the kid should at least have been the second stringer coming in to this season. You have to think getting second team reps during spring and fall camp and being the guy to replace Speight, would have had a big impact on his development so far.
You are spot on sir:smokin
People are overreacting right now but this team is literally all sophomores and freshmen. Can't fault him on the OSU game last year between refs and speight or MSU game with the punt. They have two seriously good running backs, a young qb in Peters, DPJ will be a stud, top ten defense who replaced their entire secondary this year. This team will lose one game next year if the players keep projecting up.

You are spot on sir:smokin
People are overreacting right now but this team is literally all sophomores and freshmen. Can't fault him on the OSU game last year between refs and speight or MSU game with the punt. They have two seriously good running backs, a young qb in Peters, DPJ will be a stud, top ten defense who replaced their entire secondary this year. This team will lose one game next year if the players keep projecting up.
Tough to say they'll lose 1 game with three rivalry games on the road, but I agree that they should be better. I expected 3 losses looking at the schedule this year. The problem is the Michigan State game really, but can't control the conditions that it ended up being played in. The OLine has to get better though. That's the most glaring issue outside of QB.

Tough to say they'll lose 1 game with three rivalry games on the road, but I agree that they should be better. I expected 3 losses looking at the schedule this year. The problem is the Michigan State game really, but can't control the conditions that it ended up being played in. The OLine has to get better though. That's the most glaring issue outside of QB.
I think that defense will be crazy good next year and the running game should be one of the best in the BIG. Michigan will be fine everyone needs to just relax. Harbaugh just needs to move on from Speight who's below average and open up the playbook more next season.

They were dominating ****** teams on the ground by the end of the year. Unsurprisingly that disappeared against Wiscy and OSU, but still it was a positive sign going forward for guys like Onwenu, Ruiz, Bredeson, and Spanellis. The OL's main problem was pass pro and specifically picking up stunts, which comes down to technique and mentally picking up assignments.

They're not soft, 2014 they were but this group wasn't. More than anything they were either raw, or just not very good (JBB and Kugler). JBB got a decent push in the run game which was a positive sign for a guy whose toughness was questioned by the staff coming in, but he just does not have the feet to survive at OT. At most next year he should be a G or the 6th OL in their heavy sets.

How O handles this hire is probably going to determine whether his tenure works out or not.

Leach at UTk would be so lit :pimp:

I'm fully expecting them to hire Schiano though.

If Lane gets the Arky job, hopefully he continues to be himself. I lowkey kind of like dude now, and he actually seems like he's having fun coaching now unlike his tenures at SC and Bama.

As a USC and Arkansas fan I never in a million years thought I’d want to see my other team be coached by Kiffin after his tenure at SC. Starting to sing a different tune now. The Gus to Arkansas is all likely done now that they beat Bama

They were dominating ****ty teams on the ground by the end of the year. Unsurprisingly that disappeared against Wiscy and OSU, but still it was a positive sign going forward for guys like Onwenu, Ruiz, Bredeson, and Spanellis. The OL's main problem was pass pro and specifically picking up stunts, which comes down to technique and mentally picking up assignments.

They're not soft, 2014 they were but this group wasn't. More than anything they were either raw, or just not very good (JBB and Kugler). JBB got a decent push in the run game which was a positive sign for a guy whose toughness was questioned by the staff coming in, but he just does not have the feet to survive at OT. At most next year he should be a G or the 6th OL in their heavy sets.
Teams flat out didn't respect their passing game and rightly so. I've never seen a team pass up 1 on 1 opportunities as much as this team. I was like every now and just throw one up for goodness sake. I think harbaugh got caught up in his own hype a little too much this year instead of making smart football decisions.

that staff Chip is putting together seems light.

I love Kiffin at Arkansas.

Besides Azzinaro, it doesn't scare me at all. Besides Heyward, no one on that staff can recruit and scheme wise they are what they are. Where I'm worried is with all the firings coming soon that better/scarier assistants become available for Chip to snatch up.

I guess the reason I'm not too concerned with Chip is it's just more of what we've been facing already over the past 10 years in the conference, just now in our division. If Chip Kelly is what leads to the failure and downfall of this staff, then good. Get them up out of here, they were never gonna win a NC anyway then.

Sumlin's meeting with A&M brass this morning. So that’ll be done soon, too.

Their fans on Twitter are pissed at the idea of Sumlin going there.

Legit consider him a significant downgrade from Graham. :lol:

God, Kiffin in ASU would be fun.

I'm interested what happens with Kiffin this year. As of last year's coaching cycle, it was very very apparent he'd been blackballed by the Pac12 and other P5 schools though. Tedford has worked out for them but Kiffin was begging for that Fresno State job (his alma mater) and they wouldn't seriously consider him.

-Good game, Michigan fans. Nothing but respect as AA is one of my favorite college towns in the country. Great times at Charley's and Brown Jug, sandwiches at Maize & Blue, tapas at Aventura.
-RIP, T.G. That W was for you. One of the most enjoyable offensive players to watch in Buckeyes history.
-K.J. Hill provides a spark for the offense. Would like to see him get more touches like against PSU and Nebraska.
-Nice to see Mike Weber's hammy isn't bothering him. When healthy, creates two-headed monster with Dobbins. Both will have to be patient against Wisconsin's stout run D. Jim Leonhard has done a splendid job in his first year as DC in Madison.
-Curious to see how well the front seven limits Jonathan Taylor in Indy.

Favorite all-time offensive Buckeyes:
1. David Boston
2. Ted Ginn
3. Maurice Clarett
4. Terry Glenn
5. Eddie George
Honorable Mention: Santonio Holmes/Joey Galloway

Favorite all-time defensive Buckeyes:
1. Malcolm Jenkins
2. Chris Gamble
3. Mike Doss
4. Nate Clements