OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
great move by UF to grab Mullen. To me, better than their top 2 choices. He's in the Petersen category. Not sexy but hell of a coach. Corral should be stoked too.

Schiano would be an awful move for Tenn. Condolences to Gunna if it happens.

I also don't get Frost wanting the Nebraska job, NOW. Yeah, he played there. But he's young. Is he planning on being there for a long time? Thats a job he could have taken once he got into his late 40's, 50's.

:lol:

How did that conversation go?

“Hey Dan! We got turned down by our first and second choice, and our fans and money men still kinda hate your ***. But, uh... how bout coming home?”

Hawkins Sr. on the Kelly hire's effect on recruiting (when asked by another poster what the Ground Zero kids think about it)

Are you talking Ucla?? My kids that are there know absolutely nothing about Chip Kelly. I was speaking with them today in group text and they are just looking him up on internet to try and get his resume. Most recruits don't care who the coach is going to be as long as they feel they will get a fair chance.

Mullen doesn't seem like he cares. Dude was at Mississippi State.

You know UF spun it somehow.
He had been begging to be rescued from Starksville every offseason. :lol: Badly wanted the Miami job when it was last open.

UF couldn't even get a meeting.

He had been begging to be rescued from Starksville every offseason. :lol: Badly wanted the Miami job when it was last open.

He wanted it the time before too right? He was the backup plan at Michigan if Harbaugh didn't work out. Seems likes he's been the bridesmaid in a lot of these searches but never the bride.

He'll do fine at UF. MSST is one of the worst jobs in the country and he's taken them to 7 straight bowls.

I don't think UF ever had a real chance at Frost. There were guys dating back to the AD's firing saying that Frost to Nebraska was basically already a done deal. UF sources circulating his name around was probably just an effort to get him to change his mind.

D315770A-65DD-4970-BA83-96B48657C607.jpeg
:lol:

Forgot that he called his DC Geoff Collins moving to UF a lateral move a few years back too.

Def a good hire, but more funny to see their fan base freak out after not getting Chip or Frost. Wonder if he keeps Shannon on? DC and his staff hires will be important to see.

Forgot that he called his DC Geoff Collins moving to UF a lateral move a few years back too.

Def a good hire, but more funny to see their fan base freak out after not getting Chip or Frost. Wonder if he keeps Shannon on? DC and his staff hires will be important to see.

Who are you speaking of?

Back
Top Bottom