OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, probably one of the top two QB’s in last years class.
His tape was unreal, dime after dime. Absolutely shredded the elite 11.

Sucks but we have McKee coming in and Jack West is okay

You know McKee is going on a 2 year mission right?

Correct, 2020 kid but by then KJ will be gone and it'll either be Mills or West if things work out.

OT but if any of y'all have access to any of Willett or Elmer T Lee or any other good Bourbons at a decent price, shoot me a PM... Cannot find any of these around Michigan

What was there whole deal? I remember hearing they used to basically live together?

From what i remember Lindsey got injured his senior year and he was upset because he felt tO$U started recruiting other guys harder than him and were not really giving him the attention he wanted after he commited. Eventually he decommitted but he lived with Tate’s family for a while in HS sonthey are like brothers and were supposed to be a package deal to whatever school they chose. Tate felt Tyjon was breaking their pact and they started shading each other publicly on twitter and Tyjon went to I think Nebraska.

I’m embarrassed I know all of that smh.

From what i remember Lindsey got injured his senior year and he was upset because he felt tO$U started recruiting other guys harder than him and were not really giving him the attention he wanted after he commited. Eventually he decommitted but he lived with Tate’s family for a while in HS sonthey are like brothers and were supposed to be a package deal to whatever school they chose. Tate felt Tyjon was breaking their pact and they started shading each other publicly on twitter and Tyjon went to I think Nebraska.

LOL... It is addicting as hell to follow these kids recruitments... I remember the Ronald Johnson fiasco like it was yesterday... So much drama... Hahaha.

Jimbo being a good sport. I'm gonna miss that man, even though the last season was a rollercoaster. At the end of the day, time heals all. Most fans will appreciate what he did for us a few seasons from now. Just wish the ending was a bit more graceful.

I laughed out loud and was embarrassed you knew this as well, but i've been there

Hate that they stole our AD but Texas just made a really solid hire with Chris Del Conte.

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/12/10/college-footballs-declining-ratings-2017-media-circus

You guys catch this article about College Football ratings being down? Honestly, I'm not suprised. Part of the issue is that alot of the best teams are concentrated in one part of the country. Teams from states in the deep south with small populations dominating year after year is not good for the sport, the viewer base is concentrated in one region of the country. There's a reason that the 4 out of the 7 highest rated games this season featured Ohio State and the highest rated football game ever was Texas-USC.

I grew up in Georgia and live in California now. Once you leave the South you realize how little other parts of the country care about college football, especially when teams from their area aren't relevant. The best thing for college football is a dominant Southern Cal, Ohio State and Texas to go allow with good southern teams.

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/12/10/college-footballs-declining-ratings-2017-media-circus

You guys catch this article about College Football ratings being down? Honestly, I'm not suprised. Part of the issue is that alot of the best teams are concentrated in one part of the country. Teams from states in the deep south with small populations dominating year after year is not good for the sport, the viewer base is concentrated in one region of the country. There's a reason that the 4 out of the 7 highest rated games this season featured Ohio State and the highest rated football game ever was Texas-USC.

I grew up in Georgia and live in California now. Once you leave the South you realize how little other parts of the country care about college football, especially when teams from their area aren't relevant. The best thing for college football is a dominant Southern Cal, Ohio State and Texas to go allow with good southern teams.

Cord cutting.

Sounds like Alex Grinch may be Jimbo's DC at A&M.

Memphis OC Darrell Dickey is Jimbo’s OC

Don't ever recall hearing either name brought up as possible replacements when a staff overhaul was brought up at FSU and not that it had to either. Either way, I’m curious how far down the list he went to get his guy(s) or if they were at the top.. Can't say I know much about either (did read Grinch was a Broyles Award nominee for the past 2 seasons though. And Dickey has Texas/TAMU ties)), but hopefully they're solid for him.

Last edited:
Bobby Layne Bobby Layne thoughts on Shea Patterson?

I've always really liked his game, so great pickup IMO if they can get him eligible. Ceiling is rich man's Manziel without the off the field issues.

Michigan is going to have to adjust the offense to make use of his abilities, but Harbaugh has proven that he is willing do that with what he did in SF with Kap. With guys like McKeon, Gentry, and Evans, Michigan can still utilize traditional personnel groupings in spread formations much like NE.

I like Peters and think he's talented, but I really disagree with the take that he should still be presumed the favorite for next year. There was a reason why he was behind Speight and JOK. Shea would have likely beaten both those guys out if he came here in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom