OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Michigan's 2018 recruiting class is a head scratcher for me... They slow played some very top end guys and now are throwing out offers to MAC level kids... Maybe they pull something out of their butts late, but this could be a weak link on the roster looking down the road.

I don't have a problem to the offer to the kid out of Essexville. Plus athlete for FB, and I wouldn't surprised at all if ends up as a WDE with his athletic profile, and Don Brown's history turning athletes like him into productive pass rushers. He's the type of high upside guy that is worth taking a flyer on at this point in the process.

The kid out of MO is another story, and hopefully just a contingency plan. Even then I'd probably argue that they should just bank it for next year, and invite a 5th year guy back for depth purposes.

Dudek needs to stop responding to trolls tho, not a good look.

Last edited:

Get'em Willie (don't think it will happen, but amazing he got them on campus only a few days after offering)

I don't have a problem to the offer to the kid out of Essexville. Plus athlete for FB, and I wouldn't surprised at all if ends up as a WDE with his athletic profile, and Don Brown's history turning athletes like him into productive pass rushers. He's the type of high upside guy that is worth taking a flyer on at this point in the process.

The kid out of MO is another story, and hopefully just a contingency plan. Even then I'd probably argue that they should just bank it for next year, and invite a 5th year guy back for depth purposes.

Dudek needs to stop responding to trolls tho, not a good look.

Takes his lead from Jim... Unfortunately

Dre : If I jump on the bandwagon would you welcome me with open arms ?

Let's go Willie

Last edited:

Hmmm. Is this typical for other recruits to call someone out on the same team/class? Or is he joking?

Last edited:
Kids take free trips every year b. Y'all are better than this. :lol: Especially when a bunch are signing and enrolling next week.

I don’t blame them. Plus it’s graduation weekend so it’s prob crazy. Too bad FAMU is out of session

I'd take some freebies if I were them, too. Who knows, maybe we get lucky. If not, oh well. Surprised they're even there TBH. Great way to kick off the Willie era nonetheless.

BTW, an anyone shed some light on Venables? Saw some talk of him to Arky or TAMU (2 different places) Seems odd. I figured he’d only be leaving if he got a HC gig. Anyway ...

Also kinda interesting. Forgot about some of these guys being at LSU at the same time:

Last edited:
BTW, an anyone shed some light on Venables? Saw some talk of him to Arky or TAMU (2 different places) Seems odd. I figured he’d only be leaving if he got a HC gig. Anyway ...
Is he a head coach?

He turned A&M down apparently.

Is he a head coach?

He turned A&M down apparently.

Even if he's not, chances are he's going to take a job eventually.

If TT doesn't improve under Kliff next season I could see him taking over there. Him an Holcutt the AD were former teammates at KSU and are still very tight. He's making really good money at Clemson, and is comfortable there, so it's probably going to have to be a place that is the perfect fit.

Think he made it pretty clear that he was staying put though. Getting a HC job may be another thing, he's not leaving for a lateral move.

:lol: He was a candidate for A&M’s DC gig too.

Must know something we don’t about Schiano?

Back
Top Bottom