OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kind of crazy stat:

USC brought in 26 official visitors on the year and signed 18 of them.

need to lock up Thibodeaux, Bru, and Max Williams.

Who are you most excited about in this years class, without mentioning the obvious? I'm hyped for Abdul-Malik. Dude is underrated with his ranking.

casper90403 casper90403

Listened on my commute to an interview W/ Eric Ziskin the recruiting director and he said Abdul Malik is the LB he’s most excited about.

Last edited:
Kind of crazy stat:

How much of your class was in-state?

ND that high after losing multiple OL to the draft, RB and top WR? That's interesting.

How much of your class was in-state?

ND that high after losing multiple OL to the draft, RB and top WR? That's interesting.

They return 10 dudes on D, but I agree that it's surprising. I guess from a stats perspective it's hard to account for McGlinchey, and Nelson's impact on an offense and the eventual drop off that will come from both of those guys being gone.

They return 10 dudes on D, but I agree that it's surprising. I guess from a stats perspective it's hard to account for McGlinchey, and Nelson's impact on an offense and the eventual drop off that will come from both of those guys being gone.
I really only paid attention to them twice. Defense was good against Georgia but that was Fromm's first game on the road. But then they got boatraced against miami. Agree it's probably hard to quantify the loss of those two guys.

I really only paid attention to them twice. Defense was good against Georgia but that was Fromm's first game on the road. But then they got boatraced against miami. Agree it's probably hard to quantify the loss of those two guys.

They finished #27 in S&P+ D in 2017 which is not bad but surprisingly only a minor improvement over what they finished in 2016 which was #28. It would be fair to assume they improve this season but the loss of Elko was big and the dude who is replacing him is a career LB coach who has never called a defense before.

Kind of crazy stat:

casper90403 casper90403

Listened on my commute to an interview W/ Eric Ziskin the recruiting director and he said Abdul Malik is the LB he’s most excited about.
I think he's a steal. The more i see of him, the more i get excited. He's relentless

I'd be more comfortable with OSU around 7-10, gonna be growing pains with a new QB regardless of how talented he is

That wouldn’t make any sense though.

Stop refusing to believe how good you have it, damn it all.

FWIW Michigan's S&P+ ranking doesn't factor in Shea so they would likely be a bit higher if his recruiting ranking and production factored into the projection.

FWIW Michigan's S&P+ ranking doesn't factor in Shea so they would likely be a bit higher if his recruiting ranking and production factored into the projection.

How big an answer to whatever Michigan’s problems are Shea going to be? I see a lot of posts everywhere essentially saying he’s the key to a playoff. I get that that’s an extreme but what is the rational real estimate of his impact.

How big an answer to whatever Michigan’s problems are Shea going to be? I see a lot of posts everywhere essentially saying he’s the key to a playoff. I get that that’s an extreme but what is the rational real estimate of his impact.

He was mediocre in the SEC but I think his upside is better than what they’ve had recently. If they had a decent QB this past season they could’ve won a few more games IMO

I think they are 9-3 with him and 7-5/8-4 without him. They have talent everywhere except OL and even then there are some guys with potential at G/C just not at OT. The combination of athleticism and improvisational skills when the play breaks down is going to help with the issues on the OL, alot like Russ’s athleticism and ability when the play breaks down helps with the Seahawks terrible OL situation. He gets a lot of JFF comps and I definitely see that but the + arm makes the Wilson comp more similar IMO.

He’s the most naturally talented guy they have had since Henson and I’m fully expecting dude to be a one and done first round type if he’s eligible.

The OL is not championship quality and like 2016 is going to prevent them from winning a conference or NC, regardless of how good the surrounding parts are.

*I don't know how good patterson is*

Average QB play gets them wins over msu and osu last year, maybe wisconsin.

But, really it's the O-line that's the problem. The #1 suffered a season ending injury, Peters got beat up and knocked out midway thru the wisconsin game. And they couldn't move the ball on the ground much, save for some big games against the crappy teams.

Also, I believe michigan has the #1 SOS next year, so that's not gonna help. @ nd,osu,msu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom