OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Michigan has no identity on offense after last year... They were trying to mix power/zone running and from game to game had no idea what they wanted to do... They need a dedicated WR coach... The routes took way too long to develop last year and allowed teams to get a pass rush on them... OL was not horrible when they ran power... They struggled in space on zone blocking and were downright horrible at recognizing stunts and blitzes in the pass game... If Warinner can become the OL coach, I can see some sort of improvement... If Drevno stays on and Warner is just an analyst, they lose 5 games... Drevno is the key to the season not Shea.

Michigan has no identity on offense after last year... They were trying to mix power/zone running and from game to game had no idea what they wanted to do... They need a dedicated WR coach... The routes took way too long to develop last year and allowed teams to get a pass rush on them... OL was not horrible when they ran power... They struggled in space on zone blocking and were downright horrible at recognizing stunts and blitzes in the pass game... If Warinner can become the OL coach, I can see some sort of improvement... If Drevno stays on and Warner is just an analyst, they lose 5 games... Drevno is the key to the season not Shea.

Drev is staying on, that is a guarantee at this point. It's sounding like Mac is getting offered that 10th spot as WR/OC which means Drev is probably getting play-calling duties stripped away. I'd prefer if Warinner just take over as OL coach considering Drev's trash recruiting, but like Wickline at Texas, I'm wondering if pulling double duty has been the reason for the lack of development on the OL. Drev did come in here with a solid rep, and the main difference between now and those stops besides USD, is the added play calling responsibilities.

Warinner's official role is as an "analyst", but he going to coaching on the field during practices just like Bama's "analysts" do, and a lot of Michigan's do right now. There's a reason why the practices are closed :lol:.

Last edited:
:lol: Jimbo...

He told people at his NSD Presser A&M will finish #1 or #2 in 2019.

Top 5/10 would have been a safer bet lol. Especially with UGA, tOSU, and Alabama perennial top 5 the past few seasons. Clemson cleaned up this year, too. Doesn’t leave much room for error in that statement lol.

Every coach that came from Oregon to FSU said the same thing too lol

NBD in my opinion. Happens all the time.

I think it’s funny, because we say “at the last place” at work all the time. When you transfer, we try not to be that guy that says “at my last unit xxxxxx” we did X,Y, Z or talk about how you did things on another airflcraft too often. If someone talks about about a previous place or aircraft too much/all the time, chances are someone will tell them to shut the F up about “xxxxx unit/aircraft”.

Reading about the Michigan playcalling process. Is it just me or does that sound incredibly dumb? Bobby Layne Bobby Layne newbs24 newbs24 @swendro

At the end of the day Jim has final say on what is going through IMO... Its his offense... But you look at who he chooses to surround himself with on the offensive side of the ball... Dev, Pep, Jay are all very close to him... Jedd and Ty were not, bye... Frey wasn't but also got the job he wanted... Now he is looking at Cam Cameron, a guy that has been around his family for years... He likes comfort and will choose that over everything else... It shows by how he tightens up play calling with the lead or in a one possession game at Michigan.

Top 5/10 would have been a safer bet lol. Especially with UGA, tOSU, and Alabama perennial top 5 the past few seasons. Clemson cleaned up this year, too. Doesn’t leave much room for error in that statement lol.
Lmao it leaves no margin for error. If he’s thinking Top 2, he’s about to have to sweep Texas.

And find some LBs out of state cuz there ain’t a single one here.

what is it?

My guess is the Run Game Coor, Pass Game Coor, OC and HC all have their hands in play calling and gameplan... The main issue this year was Run Game Coor/ Tackles Coach and OC/Interior OL coach have two completely diff philosophies and they tried to implement both... Wheatley/Fisch and Drev had differing views and we see how that ended up... Jim likes what is comfortable to him with HIS offense... Do not expect him to bring in someone else with a different basis and Jim to give him the reigns... Its his offense at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Does Hurts transfer after this spring? I understand staying for spring ball to try to win your job back, but anything longer than that could have the kid sitting on the bench for essentially two seasons unless he's on track to graduate early.

Would A&M be interested? IIRC he's from around that area.

Honestly for the lolz I'm hoping he somehow end's up at Barn :lol:.

So Rick Sandidge called UGA staff before he committed to USCe and ask did we have another spot...it was too late

One of my favorite off season storylines has been Alabama trying to sell recruits and grad transfers on sitting on the bench for the next two years or grey shirting and their getting rejected.

For the first time ever that depth chart is catching up to Saban.

Back
Top Bottom