OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
USC President Max Nikias resigned over the gynecologist sexual assault scandal.

SSIPNTSIRVECHLAIJFGUFWDW2M.jpg

Wonder whatever happened to the USC medical dean in the pic? He was a mess lol. Who takes pics of themselves doing drugs besides the Dolphins' coach? haha

Your 10 previous AP/BCS/National champs that'll never win it again?

Leave out the obvious Ivy League schools of course

Mich State
Cal
Iowa
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Stanford
Tennessee (maybe)
Pitt
Ga Tech
UCLA (not sold on Chip)

Stanford could win under the right circumstances. Veteran-laden team with an elite QB.

The ceilings are there for Tennesse and UCLA if they have there act together. Don't forget that people would have said the same exact things about Clemson 5 years ago.

Stanford could win under the right circumstances. Veteran-laden team with an elite QB.

The ceilings are there for Tennesse and UCLA if they have there act together. Don't forget that people would have said the same exact things about Clemson 5 years ago.

True true.

Those are just the ones I think are less obvious like the Illinois, Minnesota’s, etc of the world

2014(?) Mich St coulda won the National Title. I don't think it's impossible for them for the same reason it isn't impossible for Stanford.

Ehhh... nvm.

:lol:, MSU can't attract the talent that Stanford can on the OL and particularly at QB.

13 was their best team and they would have had a punchers chance against Auburn, FSU, or Bama in a playoff but it's a tough ask for a team without that kind of depth to win two games.

Honestly outside of like Rutgers, ISU, Wake, Vandy, and Oregon St, there is probably a scenario for every other team in P5 to have a season that is worthy of getting into the playoff.

The real question is how many teams are capable of winning two games back to back against elite competition, and that is what shrinks the pool down considerably.

There's definitely a scenario for Rutgers, Wake, and Oregon State too. Rutgers is in the Big 10, in New Jersey, an hour from NYC and Philly, and has a decent middle of the road stadium. All it'd take is the right coach. Look at UCF.

Honestly outside of like Rutgers, ISU, Wake, Vandy, and Oregon St, there is probably a scenario for every other team in P5 to have a season that is worthy of getting into the playoff.

The real question is how many teams are capable of winning two games back to back against elite competition, and that is what shrinks the pool down considerably.

That’s where I think it gets tricky as well. MSU is the perfect example of having a playoff worthy season then getting blasted in the playoff.

:lol:, MSU can't attract the talent that Stanford can on the OL and particularly at QB.

Connor Cook, Brian Hoyer, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles (Was recruited and played his freshman year at MSU), and Drew Stanton, all were good enough to get snaps in the NFL. Brian Lewerke has the potential to be better than all of them with his athletic ability.

Who was the last QB Michigan had that was worth a damn? Chad Henne?

Key word was "elite" and you are a clown claiming Foles.

There's this guy that plays for NE that I think went to Michigan.

Lewerke is basura. Don't be disrespecting captain kirk like that.

You said "attract" talent. MSU brought Foles in. So regardless if he transferred, he was still a MSU recruit.

And Tom Brady? If I recall, wasn't the Michigan fanbase begging for his benching for the likes of Drew Henson?

But my point is this: you're citing MSUs "inability" to attract elite QB talent as being one of the main reasons why they won't win a natty ever, while the team you root for hasn't even attracted a QB good enough to get snaps in the NFL since 2007. Your fanbase's entire hope is resting on the shoulders of a transfer QB, because of Michigan's "inability" to attract elite level QBs. :lol:

So it's kind of ironic hearing from you.

If you think Hoyer, Cook, Stanton, Foles, and Cousins were elite college QB's than more power to you bro.

And no Michigan hasn't had an elite college QB for a very long time (Jim honestly was probably the last one) but it's program that has proven it could win with a guy like Brian Greise as long as he's surround by the right parts.

You are worse than a damn rcmb poster. I compliment your team and you still find a way to get into your feelings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom