OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3rd string in Athens

HlUuuZP.gif

why you gotta bring this up Dre? :smh:

this game has been removed from memory.

Only saving grace is my sons name is not Reggie. Had a bet with the wife that if USC had won, i'd get to name my son Reggie. Terrible name for a half white/half asian kid.

Wow :smh:

I knew he left to go live in Indiana, some were saying he was gonna try to enroll at the university too

Wait... Vince Young's handlers/agents and UT boosters are the ones who snitched on Reggie Bush???

Isaiah fell on hard times. Went from fielding a scholly offer from Auburn to potentially living in a prison cell. Life comes at you fast.

i thought it was the dude that reggie and his fam didn't pay back?

Scout/247 dudes are doing a ton of SC/Texas coverage and Reggie came up in re the "SC is 4-0 against Texas' talk.

They said what sparked the investigation by the NCAA was an out of left field Dallas Morning News article from 2005 about the Papadakis Taverna and USC having all these recruiting violations there. The Scout guys said they know that the sources for that article came out of UT and that it stemmed from gripes with SC taking Texas recruits - specifically Mike Morgan and Emmanuel Moody - and that Dallas Morning News reporters were snooping around the taverna asking questions. Then at UT's pro day UT people and Vince Young's handlers and agents were in the ears of all the media people, specifically Yahoo reporters insisting that Reggie was dirty and that they should look into the Dallas story. They compared it to what happened to Laremy Tunsil. The writers believed it was to dirty Reggie's name to pro teams and push Vince up to the #1 pick.

Scout guys are saying their sources on all of that info are "very good, very reliable, very close to the story" hinting it's the dudes who wrote it and that SC absolutely believes this to be the case as well.

Last edited:
Stanford lost but killed half the team:

OUT or QUESTIONABLE:
Porter: had surgery on his toe.
Marlon: knee sprain
Pittman: high ankle sprain

DINGED UP:
Chuma: shoulder
Houston: Stinger
Green: toe
Biggie: sore ankle

USC head coach Clay Helton announced that junior OLB and starting Predator Porter Gustin underwent surgery for a small crack in his big toe Wednesday, doctors inserting two screws.

"We did that surgery early this morning, it went very successful. It's a very similar surgery to what Juju Smith-Schuster had if you remember a couple years ago in his hand that took a couple days to heal," said Helton. "It will be based on the doctor's opinion and the pain of Porter and what he goes through and what he can take, whether he can play or not....Porter is a tough kid, I don't know if it's too late for him to play in this game or not....it will be very close for this week, just being realistic."

Gustin's status is officially day-to-day; Helton added that he thought Gustin would be ready for next week against Cal.

- Starting right tackle Chuma Edoga (wrist) did not practice again but did cardio. Helton said they will wrap it up in a club and see how he functions with it Thursday.

- DT freshman Marlon Tuipulotu (knee) was held once again with that sprain. Helton said the timetable for his return is roughly one-to-three weeks. He is doubtful to play against Texas. The former five-star recruit was injured in the first quarter, making his first career start against Stanford.

- Starting WILL LB John Houston Jr. (stinger, neck) was held again and did light rehab.

- WR Michael Pittman (ankle) did the first half of practice before being shut down.

- DT Rasheem Green was pulled for a sore toe as a precaution

- junior cornerback Biggie Marshall was limited today with a sore ankle.

Back
Top Bottom