**OFFICIAL** 2018 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

14 team league standard scoring. Need help with the flex.

Carlos Hyde
Matt Breida
Alfred Morris
James Conner

Also, should I drop the Pats D for the Steelers?

Got a trade offer.
I get Gronk.
He gets my Josh Gordon and Evan Engram

My remaining WR would be: Mike Evans, Doug Baldwin, Allen Robinson.

The top remaining WR I can pick up are Kenny Stills, Montcrief, Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Williams.

So do I accept the trade and if so who do I pick up?

Got a trade offer.
I get Gronk.

The top remaining WR I can pick up are Kenny Stills, Montcrief, Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Williams.

I would. Gronk is gronk and gordon has tons of question Marks. I'd pick up stills

Last edited:
Julio finds the endzone its icing om the cake to a great start.

Redzone play calling & execution kills us man. I dont get it :smh:

Got a trade offer.
I get Gronk.

Yeah I would. Stills and Benjamin honestly might put up around the same numbers as Gordon this year depending on how much he’s actually on the field.

Yeah I would. Stills and Benjamin honestly might put up around the same numbers as Gordon this year depending on how much he’s actually on the field.

Josh is my WR3 behind MT & JuJu. I know he's on a pitch count WK1 but after that, who is to say he won't be involved plenty? I guess it's all predicated on his mental being.

Josh is my WR3 behind MT & JuJu. I know he's on a pitch count WK1 but after that, who is to say he won't be involved plenty? I guess it's all predicated on his mental being.

He’s a top 5 WR talent in the league as far as talent, but Landry, Callaway, Njoku, Hyde, Chubb and Duke Johnson are all going to be involved and I’m not sure that Tyrod is capable of feeding all these dudes plus having Gordon have 1,200+ yards and 10+ TD’s.

He’s a top 5 WR talent in the league as far as talent, but Landry, Callaway, Njoku, Hyde, Chubb and Duke Johnson are all going to be involved and I’m not sure that Tyrod is capable of feeding all these dudes plus having Gordon have 1,200+ yards and 10+ TD’s.

You ain't lying about the mouths to feed. I wouldn't expect that out of him, but I certainly don't think he'll be an afterthought.

It all comes down to tyrod taylor. Dude has thrown the ball for 2800-3100 yards his entire career as a starter. Say you give gordon a huge receiving market share of 30-35% and that still only gives him 900-1000 receiving yards. That would mean josh gordon would be in the top 2 of receiving market share with Hopkins when the browns added another receiver who was in the top 5 for the last two years and that's just to get 1,000 receiving yards based on tyrod's historical performances.

Not to mention the browns now have njoku, Landry, gordon, callaway, and Duke Johnson to feed plus they may pick up dez.

So you are either banking on gordon having an unrealistic target share or tyrod Taylor throwing for a 1,000 yards more than he has ever thrown for in his career.

I'm not taking either of those bets.

Give me gronk, I'll find a 900-1000 yard receiver who probably wont miss a bunch of time on the waivers.

It's more likely that the browns try to lean on the strength of their defense and pound to rock like the jags than tyrod becoming a 4,000 yard passer

Eagles RB snap counts:

Ajayi: 29 (40%)
Sproles: 29 (40%)
Clement: 13 (18%)

Ajayi was clearly the best back, though & I think they realized it at halftime. Atlanta's LB's struggle with pass catching RB's so that could be why Sproles was so involved.

Even if Ajayi's usage doesn't go up that much, the lead back on a good offense is at the very least an RB2.

It all comes down to tyrod taylor. Dude has thrown the ball for 2800-3100 yards his entire career as a starter. Say you give gordon a huge receiving market share of 30-35% and that still only gives him 900-1000 receiving yards. That would mean josh gordon would be in the top 2 of receiving market share with Hopkins when the browns added another receiver who was in the top 5 for the last two years and that's just to get 1,000 receiving yards based on tyrod's historical performances.

Not to mention the browns now have njoku, Landry, gordon, callaway, and Duke Johnson to feed plus they may pick up dez.

So you are either banking on gordon having an unrealistic target share or tyrod Taylor throwing for a 1,000 yards more than he has ever thrown for in his career.

I'm not taking either of those bets.

Give me gronk, I'll find a 900-1000 yard receiver who probably wont miss a bunch of time on the waivers.

It's more likely that the browns try to lean on the strength of their defense and pound to rock like the jags than tyrod becoming a 4,000 yard passer

With this said, ya think I should try to trade Gordon? If so, who should I be targeting in a straight 1 for 1 WR swap?

Got a trade offer.
I get Gronk.

Take that trade .. youre good with Evans & Baldwin as 1/2 .. go to the FA and add Stills

With this said, ya think I should try to trade Gordon? If so, who should I be targeting in a straight 1 for 1 WR swap?

I'd probably stay put and hope that Gordon becomes the lottery ticket that everyone was hoping he would be. The year he had 1,600 receiving yards, he only had like 24% of the teams total targets and he was playing with some absolutely terrible QBs. I don't think its unreasonable to think that Gordon can have a 1,100-1,200 yard receiving season. I was just speaking from a perspect of trading him for Gronk.

A TE who can get you 1,100 yards will always be more valuable that a WR who will do the same.

I'd probably stay put and hope that Gordon becomes the lottery ticket that everyone was hoping he would be. The year he had 1,600 receiving yards, he only had like 24% of the teams total targets and he was playing with some absolutely terrible QBs. I don't think its unreasonable to think that Gordon can have a 1,100-1,200 yard receiving season. I was just speaking from a perspect of trading him for Gronk.

A TE who can get you 1,100 yards will always be more valuable that a WR who will do the same.

tenor.gif

Eagles RB snap counts:

Ajayi: 29 (40%)
Sproles: 29 (40%)
Clement: 13 (18%)

Ajayi was clearly the best back, though & I think they realized it at halftime. Atlanta's LB's struggle with pass catching RB's so that could be why Sproles was so involved.

Even if Ajayi's usage doesn't go up that much, the lead back on a good offense is at the very least an RB2.

It honestly amazes me that they used Sproles this much. I knew Clement would eat into his workload but Sproles has to be like almost 40. I'm with you that I think eventually they are going to realize Ajayi is far and away the most talented back in that backfield, but I wonder how much of it has to do with them just trying to lessen his miles due to his knee problems. Im guessing as they get closer to the playoffs his workload will increase.

Kenny stills or Chris Thompson as my flex this week?

Thompson

14 team league standard scoring. Need help with the flex.

Carlos Hyde
Matt Breida
Alfred Morris
James Conner

Also, should I drop the Pats D for the Steelers?

Conner and Yes.

Got a trade offer.
I get Gronk.

I wouldn't. You're giving up 2 good players for 1 great player with an injury history. Josh Gordon has a "great" ceiling as well and he should honestly get there. Everytime he's been on the field he's been fantastic. Why would it be different now? Engram is solid. By no means Gronk, but in year 2, he's a good outlet for Eli now with heavy coverage being demanded by OBJ and Shep is no slouch.

It honestly amazes me that they used Sproles this much. I knew Clement would eat into his workload but Sproles has to be like almost 40. I'm with you that I think eventually they are going to realize Ajayi is far and away the most talented back in that backfield, but I wonder how much of it has to do with them just trying to lessen his miles due to his knee problems. Im guessing as they get closer to the playoffs his workload will increase.

Might as well use what's left of that tread. They did a good job of getting everyone involved and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get what they can out of Sproles early on to keep Clement fresh.

Back
Top Bottom