Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Belgium

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
No USA puts a damper on things for me. Considered rooting for Mexico but my Mexican side of the fam is obnoxious. Pulling for Nigeria :lol:

Was thinking we unofficially do 1 day discussing each group

Group A today (the 5th,) B on the 6th, etc. In addition to the other discussions

Group A:
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Egypt
Uruguay

I really hope Egypt and Uruguay knock out Russia early. The racism, homophobia, corruption, and beefing with Merica on the geopolitical level. Would love seeing other countries throw a party on their soil while they feel the sadness of an early exit.

Going to actually keep the discussion about footy for other groups :lol:
I think Uruguay and Egypt make it out. Russia will make it interesting though.

Nah this russian squad is nothing like years prior. They gonna get washed by Uruguay and Egypt.

They shouldnt even be hosting this joint but thats not here nor there.

Parents are both Dominicans no real NT. Born in the USA no WC this year. So rooting for Peru cuz my best friend/compadre is Peruvian. Did my 23 & me and found out my highest % are West African and Portugal 30% each. So for the World Cup

Forca Portugal
6145F148-05DF-42F2-8800-39466AA3AB08.jpeg

If Ghana was in I’d be rooting for them too.

Last edited:
What caused you to deviate from club football may I ask? Who did you support prior to making this change?

Good question.

I think it comes down to my lack of affinity to the club teams that’s what made me lose interest. I was a huge Arsenal supporter but I remember one day I went to a bar to watch at match and I thought I was the biggest arsenal fan, until some dude from London who grew up a die hard life log arsenal fan proved to me I’m not a real fan, lol.

Then I became a Real Madrid fanatic, when they won the decima I was so excited, but then they keep winning and winning and winning and I lost interest.

I tried to get behind New York Red Bull, and I love the arena, but MLS culture I just can’t get behind 100%.

Now, the Jamaican National team is something that I’m tied to for life and us being a bigger part of the bigger FIFA picture is tied to me. No one can ever take that away from me, I can switch club allegiance anytime depending on how many trophies they win or which player they bought but national team never change.

Watching Panama and Peru qualify for the World Cup brings a tear to my eye, because the day the Reggae Boyz qualify is the day I have no idea what I’m gonna do with myself lol.

I think it’s all about identity and which team you are mentally attached to.

For me nothing would be more perfect than a Portugal vs Argentina final. Whichever of those 2 wins can settle the argument about who the greatest player of all time is, and to know you grew up watching the greatest player of all time is something no one can take away from you.

Other than that I want Brazil to win, because it’s good for football, but knowing Germany it’s their tournament again

Rooting for Argentina to be the dark horse and go all the way. This is unlike past world cup years where they were a favorite to win it all. No one is really stating the they'll be the favorite, the narrative is more this may be Messi's last chance. France, Brazil, Germany are the big name favorites. I do believe that this Brazil team is overrated imo.

Argentina and dark horse in the same sentence? Lolwut

Argentina and dark horse in the same sentence? Lolwut

Yeah, we're too good to be labeled a "dark horse." We're more like 2nd tier favorites.

Favorites: Germany, Brazil, Spain
2nd tier favorites: France, Argentina
Dark horse(s): Belgium, England, Portugal

Was thinking we unofficially do 1 day discussing each group

Group A today (the 5th,) B on the 6th, etc. In addition to the other discussions

Group A:
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Egypt
Uruguay

I really hope Egypt and Uruguay knock out Russia early. The racism, homophobia, corruption, and beefing with Merica on the geopolitical level. Would love seeing other countries throw a party on their soil while they feel the sadness of an early exit.

Going to actually keep the discussion about footy for other groups :lol:

Uruguay will win this group easily.

2nd place then becomes a little more difficult to predict. If Salah is healthy enough to play all the group stage matches, I think they advance. If he can't, however, you can't count out the hosts. Then again, Andrey Arshavin ain't walking through those doors.

My prediction:
1. Uruguay - 7 points
2. Egypt - 5 points
3. Russia - 4 points
4. Saudi Arabia - 0 points

Uruguay will win this group easily.

2nd place then becomes a little more difficult to predict. If Salah is healthy enough to play all the group stage matches, I think they advance. If he can't, however, you can't count out the hosts. Then again, Andrey Arshavin ain't walking through those doors.

My prediction:
1. Uruguay - 7 points
2. Egypt - 5 points
3. Russia - 4 points
4. Saudi Arabia - 0 points

Appreciate da OP’s actual football analysis after I got things started incorrectly being in my feels :lol:

Man, I remember Arshavin killin on Zenit (i mean dude was thrashing real euro squads) then he went to Arsenal and I thought he had next.

LOL.

Looking forward to catching games on lunch break at the bar, and then when I get back to my desk :lol: .

Yeah, we're too good to be labeled a "dark horse." We're more like 2nd tier favorites.

Croatia an extra dark horse?

This is more along my idea but even those squads are decently established by now.

Real dark horses for me are those squads who end up making some noise that most don't even expect to get out the group stages :lol:

Like Iceland at the Euros and Costa Rica in Brazil recently

Group A

Uruguay
Egypt
Russia
KSA

URUGUAY should go undefeated in this group. I think EGYPT could come out second. Just watched Russia and they are trash. So is KSA.

I remember dude having a dope run in that 08 Euro

Yea man. His career was disappointing ala Michael Owen ( i really thought dude was gonna be the best british footballer ever) and
Lukas Podolski.

Or Zidane from Egypt. (Dude did himself in tho so f em)

Parents are both Dominicans no real NT. Born in the USA no WC this year. So rooting for Peru cuz my best friend/compadre is Peruvian. Did my 23 & me and found out my highest % are West African and Portugal 30% each. So for the World Cup

Forca Portugal
6145F148-05DF-42F2-8800-39466AA3AB08.jpeg

If Ghana was in I’d be rooting for them too.
Ghana goofed :smh: ...since they not in it im rockin with Panama or Mexico :pimp:

I hope the Asian teams, Japan and Korea can make a deep run as well

Back
Top Bottom