Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
There's always been bad blood between Argentina and Chile
ooohhh

DistantSmugIbis.gif

school me, I got time today :nerd:

There was a longstanding border dispute between Argentina and Chile over the islands below the southernmost tip of South America. This was known as the "Beagle conflict" and almost culminated in war in 1978. Then, in 1982, when Argentina went to war with Great Britain over the Falkland Islands, Chile threw its support to the Brits and provided them with significant information.

Will this be the year Belgium puts it all together. I mean they are stacked. Considering they did not take the human Bane aka Nainggolan at all.
Hazard is World Class.
De Bryne is WC.
Lokaku is WC.
Kompany is one of the top defenders in the World. The list goes on and on.

its time for them to step up this year. Otherwise this will have been a wasted Generation. Same as Argentina. I dont consider them a dark horse. I consider them a favorite. When you have the best player in the world, you cant be consider a dark horse, IMO.
Was nodding until you mentioned Kompany being one of the top defenders in the world.. he’s not even top cb in this team anymore.

There was a longstanding border dispute between Argentina and Chile over the islands below the southernmost tip of South America. This was known as the "Beagle conflict" and almost culminated in war in 1978. Then, in 1982, when Argentina went to war with Great Britain over the Falkland Islands, Chile threw its support to the Brits and provided them with significant information.
I remember that Osvaldo Ardiles 30 for 30, but I don't think they went too in depth with the war.

Looks like Argentina has lost Manuel Lanzini to injury :smh:

First Sergio Romero, now Lanzini...

After watching the GERMANY friendly today, I think Mexico might have a shot to beat them. Germany looks like trash. KSA almost tied it at the death.

Dont think they win this world cup. France vs Brazil Final..

better late than ever into this thread. I don't know if I'll post pics of my travels in Mother Russia here or in the footy thread but going for France despite going to see England v Panama in Nizhny

Morocco will be the dark horse. they havent lost a game in a while too.

better late than ever into this thread. I don't know if I'll post pics of my travels in Mother Russia here or in the footy thread but going for France despite going to see England v Panama in Nizhny

You’re a brave man to go to Russia. I’m looking at going to Paris in a few weeks and watching a France game while there, but definitely had no desire to actually go to a live match in Russia.

Speaking of which, I was bummed to see they’re not hosting huge screenings of the games in Paris this year due to security concerns, was really looking forward to that experience. Still think it’ll be fun to take a game in with locals at some venue tho.

Back
Top Bottom