Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note. Called it on Bellinger tonight lol.

5865C32D-0FB8-40C8-A3FC-BDAEFF762436.png

Was too hype after game to post.............STILL HYPE! 4 MORE!!

Man.....**** reminding me of that Cubs series where he kept going yard. He looked ready to FIGHT in the dugout after hitting that. Loved it.

AND BELLI MY LORD!!

After seeing Acuna celebrate a stolen base like a walk off homer and then Pache celebrate and yell back at the dugout for a walk, I was real happy to see DAT STRUT

At least there will be day offs this time. My blood pressure needs a break :smh:

I'm guessing Kersh will get game 1 on full rest then Buehler on short rest? We need them to pitch as much as possible. Cat and Mays look shook :smh:

At least there will be day offs this time. My blood pressure needs a break :smh:

I'm guessing Kersh will get game 1 on full rest then Buehler on short rest? We need them to pitch as much as possible. Cat and Mays look shook :smh:

It was just an interesting situation for both May and Catman. May found out hours before the game he was opening and Gonsolin worked with similar uncertainty going in, some players will say it's one less thing to worry about just going to sleep knowing where they stand the next day. I think they'll do better in the World Series, Rays' lineup is good but not as lethal as ATL's.

Need Dave to make smart moves. I don't think we should have walker on short rest. I would take him in game 3 and have him fresh for a game 7 if it gets that far.

Who do the Dodgers start? The Dodgers have five starting pitching options, with Kershaw lined up for Game 1. After that, it gets a little murky. Urias threw 39 pitches in Game 7 of the NLCS (on three days' rest). Tony Gonsolin pitched two innings and 41 pitches. May actually started Games 5 and 7, throwing 55 and then 18 pitches. Walker Buehler started Game 6 on Saturday, so if he started Game 2 on Wednesday, it would be on short rest. It's an intriguing decision. If the Dodgers start Buehler on short rest, they can then get him and Urias two starts apiece in the series, with a rotation like this:

Game 1: Kershaw
Game 2: Buehler (short rest)
Game 3: Urias
Game 4: May/Gonsolin
Game 5: Kershaw
Game 6: Buehler
Game 7: Urias

Roberts also could turn Game 2 into a May/Gonsolin bullpen game, start Buehler in Game 3 with five days' rest, push Kershaw back to Game 6 for an extra two days' rest and have Urias available in relief in Game 7 like he was in the NLCS, with a rotation like this:

Game 1: Kershaw
Game 2: May/Gonsolin/bullpen game
Game 3: Buehler
Game 4: Urias
Game 5: May/Gonsolin/bullpen game
Game 6: Kershaw
Game 7: Buehler

tl;dr: Buehler Game 2 on short rest with May/Gonsolin in Game 3, or May/Gonsolin/BP in Game 2 with Buehler Game 3 on regular rest. I'd go with Buehler in game 3 on regular rest and it lines him up for a game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom